What are some "must do's" for the first couple of hours you are on board?

kath00

We are heading on the Sapphire next week and I realized that I am not quite sure if I will need to do anything when I first get on. I would ideally like to check our dining room table size and location (where do I do that?). But otherwise, I dunno if anything else is absolutely necessary. Thinking a spa treatment sometime but I know they often have specials as the days go by. Is there a Chef's table to book, and where would I do that?

What do others do when they first board? Other than eat and unpack, of course...

Katherine

We like to eat lunch in the dining room after dropping our luggage off. After that, we see the maitre d' to find out the size of our dining table. On my last three cruises on the Sapphire the maitre d' has been in Sabatini's starting about 1 pm, but ask at the dining room at lunch to make sure of the meeting place with the maitre d'.

Is there a Chef's table to book, and where would I do that?

Yes. From your cabin call the DINE line identified on your phone and ask for a reservation. As alternative, ask the headwaiter if you eat lunch in the dining room (open 12-1:30).

We never really "do" anything, but it always seems like we are crazy busy when we first board.

We always unpack, order anything special we need from our room steward, switch out our mini-bar stash for what we really want, grab a bite to eat in the Horizon Court and go to the muster drill.

We have some cruise friends who insist on running around doing the scavenger hunt thing and going to the sail away, so, if we are sailing with them, we will participate. Last time we did that, I won a bunch of Bingo cards. That cruise was the only one where I have actually played Bingo on board. :) It was fun.

I like to build my nest! Unpack, organize our stuff, get our supplies from room service, including wine bucket, wine glasses, also vodka. We make reservations for specialty restaurants, then we go to lunch in MDR and explore the ship. :) I love the first day!

Check with the internet manager and there is usually (and maybe I'm remembering other lines not Princess?) a bonus for signing up for a package of internet minutes the first day. I usually go look at the thermal suite and check thier prices but it has to be a really deal for me to buy the pass, only did it once. Have a great cruise! m--

It depends on the cruise... but for one Princess Cruise in Panama we did the following in order:

1. Got to the port early and sat and read in priority boarding area (this is for Platinum, Elite and Suite Passengers) to be first to board ship. Technically back 2 back cruisers can board first if they are simply getting off and back on.

2. Ran up the the Sanctuary to book two loungers for the cruise. We did this with our carry-ons. Had we went to our room to drop them off first, we would have lost out on booking the Sanctuary - it booked within 15 minutes of boarding starting.

3. With our carry-ons, went to spa area to book thermal suites for the entire cruise. Limited number of guests are allowed to book this for the entire cruise.

4. Dropped off carry-ons in stateroom.

5. Went to Passenger's Service Desk to book the Ultimate Ship Tour. Limited number of guests are allowed to do this if it is available on your cruise.

6. Went and made a reservation for Bayou Cafe (specialty restaurant on Island Princess)

7. Found a cocktail and unpacked

8. We walked entire ship starting at top deck and working our way down.

9. Went to Muster

10. Found a cocktail and watched the sail off! :D

Notice we didn't get lunch? To busy... but dinner was awesome!

Have a great cruise!!!

We go to cabin to drop bags and call Dine line to book Ultimate balcony dinner or chef table..going to do UBD our next cruise. Check to see if we need steward to do anything, ie one time beds were twins, not queen as asked. Go to dining room for lunch, explore the ship and my hubby gets a bucket of beer and we sit and watch football on MUTS...till muster. enjoy

Check with the internet manager and there is usually (and maybe I'm remembering other lines not Princess?) a bonus for signing up for a package of internet minutes the first day. I usually go look at the thermal suite and check thier prices but it has to be a really deal for me to buy the pass, only did it once. Have a great cruise! m--

You are thinking of Princess. There is usually 10 to 40 bonus minutes for purchasing an internet package the first day. Number of minutes depends on sie of package. You can get double the bonus minutes by purchasing a package at Princess.Com before your cruise.

We like to eat lunch in the dining room after dropping our luggage off. After that, we see the maitre d' to find out the size of our dining table. On my last three cruises on the Sapphire the maitre d' has been in Sabatini's starting about 1 pm, but ask at the dining room at lunch to make sure of the meeting place with the maitre d'.

Thank you! Which dining room serves lunch. Hate the buffet the first day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! Which dining room serves lunch. Hate the buffet the first day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I prefer the dining room for lunch too. It is much quieter. Lunch has been served from 12-1:30 in the International Dining Room on my last three Sapphire cruises. Take the aft elevators.

You are thinking of Princess. There is usually 10 to 40 bonus minutes for purchasing an internet package the first day. Number of minutes depends on sie of package. You can get double the bonus minutes by purchasing a package at Princess.Com before your cruise.

Thnks for that tip - I'll check it out at princess.com and look for the bonus minutes. :) m--

Archived