Not the Usual Wine Question

Texas

If we purchase a bottle of wine from Vines Wine Bar, and want to go to the card room or any other public area to play cards, can we take our bottle of wine with us or does the bottle have to stay in the wine bar? Thanks for any feedback.

You are free to carry away your bottle of wine. But know that Vines has their own proprietary wine glasses and will not allow you to take them away from the bar, even to sit at one of the tables in the middle of the piazza. On the Star last year my plan was to order two glasses of wine there any night we had to wait for an ATD table, but after a couple nights of being asked "are you staying right here?" in such a brusque manner we preferred to head up to Crooner's after picking up a pager.

We purchase a bottle of some not-too-expensive sparkling wine/champagne for sail away and carry it all around. Last time, that purchase was made at one of the sun deck bars and they gave us a plastic bucket of ice to carry it in!! It's also nice to buy a bottle in the restaurant to have with dinner then take it with us to a show.

(1/5/13 on Crown from Galveston)

We aren't overt when toting around a bottle, but if it's one we purchased on board, we see no problem taking it to other areas where they sell alcohol. With wine we might bring on board, we have that in our room or maybe up on deck somewhere vs. taking personal beverages to a bar.

Hey, and maybe the bottle just gets polished off too fast for others to notice, especially if split between 4 people;)

We hide our wine bottle in a cheesy brown paper bag with the top twisted closed. ;)

I have immediately added 'cheesy brown paper bags' to my packing list. I cannot believe that I've been sooooo careless in the past by not hiding the bottle:eek: It's no wonder no one sees anyone carrying around a bottle since everyone but me, has their's disguised as lunch:D

I have immediately added 'cheesy brown paper bags' to my packing list. I cannot believe that I've been sooooo careless in the past by not hiding the bottle:eek: It's no wonder no one sees anyone carrying around a bottle since everyone but me, has their's disguised as lunch:D

And once the bottle has been used, you can use the bag to bring food away from the Horizon Court.

If we purchase a bottle of wine from Vines Wine Bar, and want to go to the card room or any other public area to play cards, can we take our bottle of wine with us or does the bottle have to stay in the wine bar? Thanks for any feedback.

You can take the wine they will change the glasses for smaller ones you are not allowed to take the ones away from vines that they use

Hmmm. Never seen anyone tote a bottle of wine on board?? Watch me exit cabin L236 8:30P, Grand Princess, Sat, November 3 as I head to the MDR with a really good bottle of red and, if the gods are smiling, a bottle of Veuve Cliquot Champagne as well. Plan to repeat 13X. s

Great to hear Cobra427SC - we have done this for years - never once been an issue. In fact, its why we continue to cruise with Princess; we love bringing our own wine on board, enjoying it on our balcony or anywhere we please. Just gave my husband a birthday gift card for Total Wines that we'll be itching to use for our upcoming cruise in February!!!

Archived