No notification when ranking up in C&A tier!?

Verfai

Hey all,

Just wandering…We just hit platinum status in the C&A tier…However, I would think we would at least receive some sort of automated email, congratulating us on achieving enough cruise nights and thanking us for the loyalty???

We received nothing what so ever, is this the same process in the US (and or UK etc) where RCI does have a proper office and representatives?

Hey all,

Just wandering…We just hit platinum status in the C&A tier…However, I would think we would at least receive some sort of automated email, congratulating us on achieving enough cruise nights and thanking us for the loyalty???

We received nothing what so ever, is this the same process in the US (and or UK etc) where RCI does have a proper office and representatives?

I didn't get anything, but then again I didn't expect to get anything from Royal when "leveling up".

Hey all,

Here in the UK we have received a congratulations letter, with a savings voucher,each time we moved up a tier. This does take a while though. However, the changes usually show up on 'my cruises' about 10 days after the qualifying cruise is completed.

Verfai, one of my cruisemates didn't realise he was Platinum until we checked in at the port a week ago. He got a Platinum card and all ours were gold so the running joke was that he was renamed 'the messiah' and we all had to bow to him. He may have recieved something and just not seen it but to be honest the extras he got were not worth much anyway.

During your next cruise you will receive your lapel pin with a neat card congratulating you on your new status. (We received ours on our last night of the cruise.) Your C&A discount books will also be platnium level in your room on day of arrival.

Here in the UK we have received a congratulations letter, with a savings voucher,each time we moved up a tier. This does take a while though. However, the changes usually show up on 'my cruises' about 10 days after the qualifying cruise is completed.

It’s already reflected on the RCI site, since Friday night.

I would at least expect an email from them as a proper courtesy...However I have been wondering what the true meaning of the ”I” in RCI was for a while, luckily except for NCL no other cruise line appeals to us, we like to "wow" and the mega ships…All real perks go mainly to the US and UK apparently with all I read considering price drops, contact information, discounts, perks….I mean, I even have to call the Miami office when I book online to change something in my reservation or a problem comes up, real fun with a time difference of -8h.

Verfai, one of my cruisemates didn't realise he was Platinum until we checked in at the port a week ago. He got a Platinum card and all ours were gold so the running joke was that he was renamed 'the messiah' and we all had to bow to him. He may have recieved something and just not seen it but to be honest the extras he got were not worth much anyway.

Once in the platinum tier you get a balcony discount, that’s the one we went for :D Travel agents over here have zero perks when it comes to Royal. so it's all DIY all the way for us, when booking the only thing discount wise we hope for are the C&A stuff (onboard booking bonus, and now the platinum balcony discount) and it adds up.

And I really need to start planning the next vacation to keep my mind sane during the winter :D :D

During your next cruise you will receive your lapel pin with a neat card congratulating you on your new status. (We received ours on our last night of the cruise.) Your C&A discount books will also be platnium level in your room on day of arrival.

Thanks, that answers the question we were thinking what that lapel pin is about and when you get it :)

The balcony discount is good and so is the onboard upper tier reception party that kicks in at Platinum level.

Not anymore you don't (receive a pin-you still get the discount books of course). This has been discussed in the last few months. We just went Diamond after our last cruise and we haven't received anything since Platinum and that's been a few cruises ago. Someone posted that you have to request them from RCI. Talk about something usesless. Wearing them isn't the thing to do. As much as some posters complain about people "flaunting" their status, wearing a pin isn't looked on kindly.

I don't honestly remember whether we got any correspondence about becoming Diamond, but it really doesn't matter. If you want to see it, log into your RCI account. It'll be right there. That's where I look for it.

Hey all,

I also never got notification or my platinum pin!

We went over the point level to be come Platinum on our last cruise. I noticed on one of the room makeup carts a couple of Emerald pins and a note. I guess they were being delivered to one of the rooms. I asked about it and was told that the pin and note are delivered to the room on the following cruise after breaking the point level. If this did not happen, it is some kind of screw-up and if you care about it, you should call and ask about it.

Thanks for the reply’s, so I guess it’s more up to the mood of the day, of the person that is responsible for this stuff…I don’t really care for the pin if I get it or not, but defiantly the balcony discount and the higher tier welcome back party is more than welcome :D.

I do have to wonder, with +5.5mil C&A members how long the platinum level will be a higher tier, to many people will become it pretty soon and than the nickel & dime mode will kick in again probably.

We went over the point level to be come Platinum on our last cruise. I noticed on one of the room makeup carts a couple of Emerald pins and a note. I guess they were being delivered to one of the rooms. I asked about it and was told that the pin and note are delivered to the room on the following cruise after breaking the point level. If this did not happen, it is some kind of screw-up and if you care about it, you should call and ask about it.

We were told the same thing, then on our next cruise we never got our pins. They told us, no you should have got them on the last cruise and we don't have any onboard to give you. After two cruises trying to get a pin we gave up.

I became Platinum after my January cruises but never received the congrats letter or pin then or during my Oasis... I did however get the invite to go to the Labadee helipad sail away which was a surprise since they're usually D/D+ only.

Dad on the other hand became Emerald after leg 1 of the Liberty cruise and got his pin/letter at the end of that cruise as well as invites for the 2nd leg freebie drink parties with Mario ;)

Not anymore you don't (receive a pin-you still get the discount books of course). This has been discussed in the last few months. We just went Diamond after our last cruise and we haven't received anything since Platinum and that's been a few cruises ago. Someone posted that you have to request them from RCI. Talk about something usesless. Wearing them isn't the thing to do. As much as some posters complain about people "flaunting" their status, wearing a pin isn't looked on kindly.

I don't honestly remember whether we got any correspondence about becoming Diamond, but it really doesn't matter. If you want to see it, log into your RCI account. It'll be right there. That's where I look for it.

Curious. Guess we can add another one to RCCL inconsistency.

We became Platinum after our cruise on Navigator November 2011. We just sailed on Monarch on September 7, 2012 - our first sailing since beocming Platinum. When we arrived in the room, we had the Platinum C&A Coupon books, an invitation to a cocktail reception, and other items.

We asked the cabin steward when we received the lapel pin - she said they would be distributed on Sunday at turn-down. Sure enough, when we returned to our cabin after dinner we had our papers for the next day and two cards with the lapel pins attached congratulating us on achieving the next tier.

If folks are not receiving them - then I would ask the cabin steward since it appears they are the one's that carry responsibility for distribution. My best advice is to make the inquiry upon boarding. That gives the crew the cruise to resolve the situation - and note that you are expecting the recognition you are owed. (A member benefit as listed on page 156 of the Worldwide Cruises 2012-2013 Cruise & Cruisetour Vacation Planner - Updated.)

Hahaha, “glad” ;) to see that it’s not only me where the loyalty crew can go wrong :D and was not expecting this thread to become so lively :D.

On the other hand, since our second cruise, we always got our saving certificates via mail (even used them last cruise) and when boarding, the sea pass card had always said “gold member” from the original print (we saw A LOT of people, where stickers where applied after the printing, so they can get that wrong to) and in our room we always found our gold coupon booklet and an letter thanking us for returning the RCI including an invitation to the welcome back party.

Thanks for the reply’s, so I guess it’s more up to the mood of the day, of the person that is responsible for this stuff…I don’t really care for the pin if I get it or not, but defiantly the balcony discount and the higher tier welcome back party is more than welcome :D.

I do have to wonder, with +5.5mil C&A members how long the platinum level will be a higher tier, to many people will become it pretty soon and than the nickel & dime mode will kick in again probably.

Well Platinum becomes Emerald and then Diamond etc. RCCL are very clever at understanding how to grow its loyalty base. Why would they want to compromise a winning format?

On my last cruise on the Explorer (June 2012) were were platinum. We did receive the Platinum coupon booklet and an invite to the 'Upper Tier' event. We attended the event which was very nice (albeit, a little skimpy on treats being served--think the limit was 2!) and I asked the loyality ambassador about the Platinum pins. She stated the room attendant should have delivered them to our cabin. She invited me to her office where she produced two very nice pins for hubby and I.

As far as it 'not meaning' anything, I was surprised at my reaction when I saw the pins!! I actually felt very special for a few seconds--I think they are nice and I appreciated receiving them.

As luck would have it, later in the cruise, the room attendant did leave two pins/with cards in our cabin and when I contacted the loyality ambassador to return them, she just laughed and said to keep them all!

After my next cruise in 2013, we'll be almost Emerald and I'm looking forward to collecting that pin also. We honestly do not cruise for the pins (I just like getting them) but the discounts and other perks do help while planning for a great vacation.:)

Guest maddycat

We are diamond and have been for quite awhile. When we reached diamond we got a very nice letter from RCI. I don't remember receiving one for reaching platinum, but I could be wrong. We have never received any pins.....not for platinum or for diamond.

Not necessarily. I go Diamond on my next cruise and haven't received a letter, email or the lapel pin. None of it really matters to me, as long as the balcony discount gets applied.:D

Ginnie

Gosh, I feel all left out and ignored now...we only received a letter when we achieved Diamond...:(

Maybe we will get a fanfare when we get to D+ next year ...yayyyyy

:)

Wearing them isn't the thing to do. As much as some posters complain about people "flaunting" their status, wearing a pin isn't looked on kindly.

My wife and I wear our Diamond Plus pins almost every night to the CL and the MDR. We are not "flaunting" our status (not that I would care what anyone else thinks), we are just taking the opportunity to get some wear out of our most expensive jewelry.

Archived