No notification when ranking up in C&A tier!?

Verfai

We are not "flaunting" our status (not that I would care what anyone else thinks), we are just taking the opportunity to get some wear out of our most expensive jewelry.

You sure got the "most expensive" part right...... :D :D

A quick history.........we became Platinum in 2005, as I recall, and we received a letter from C&A, after our first cruise, congratulating us on joining the C&A, and then when we became Platinum, a nice letter as well.

When we reached Diamond, we were given pins to show our status, and also in our letter, were asked to wear our pins, to show our status.

Later......in 2007, as I recall, we became Diamond Plus, and were sent new pins, a certificate, and again reminded to wear our pins to show the recognition.

When the Pinnacle Club was formed, we were sent the pins (way to heavy for my DW to wear) and again asked to wear them.

For me, and only for me, I don't wear my pin, and I don't care if anyone knows, on the ship, if I'm Gold or Pinnacle.

What is important to us, is the wonderful people that we meet, and yes, we know some wonderful Pinnacles at the top, but on almost every voyage, we get to meet somone that may be on their first Royal Caribbean voyage, and we love to show them some of the in's and out's of Royal Caribbean, and then they are surprised that we have close to 150 cruises with them.

So, while it was fun climbing the ladder, it's more fun knowing people from all degrees of life.;)

Rick

That's one of the first "down to earth" posts I've ever read on this site regarding C&A levels. I wish there were more like you and much less of the all too common arrogance that we see far too much of.

For me, and only for me, I don't wear my pin, and I don't care if anyone knows, on the ship, if I'm Gold or Pinnacle.

What is important to us, is the wonderful people that we meet, and yes, we know some wonderful Pinnacles at the top, but on almost every voyage, we get to meet somone that may be on their first Royal Caribbean voyage, and we love to show them some of the in's and out's of Royal Caribbean, and then they are surprised that we have close to 150 cruises with them.

So, while it was fun climbing the ladder, it's more fun knowing people from all degrees of life.;)

Rick

We feel the same way. We are Diamond + and love meeting as many people onboard as possible and don't care what their "status" is. We also try to assist newbies any way we can. Our total cruises are only 56, but not all of those were on RCI. When my DH retires, as he tells everyone, "we'll get serious about cruising!":D;)

We feel the same way. We are Diamond + and love meeting as many people onboard as possible and don't care what their "status" is. We also try to assist newbies any way we can. Our total cruises are only 56, but not all of those were on RCI. When my DH retires, as he tells everyone, "we'll get serious about cruising!":D;)

I love his sense of humor! I, too, tell many that once I finally fully retire, we will get serious about cruiseing!!:D:D Means little, I suppose, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to live on a cruise ship. We do have cruises booked to places in the world that we have not seen, and we expect to be doing more river cruises in Europe in the future.

Rick

Gosh, I feel all left out and ignored now...we only received a letter when we achieved Diamond...:(

Maybe we will get a fanfare when we get to D+ next year ...yayyyyy

:)

Wouldn't count on it! Maybe you will, maybe you won't!:D We became D+ in 2009 and have never received any letters or pins for any of the levels! My husband called C&A to ask about pins and they said they would send them to us but never did. It's not a big deal to me as I would not wear them and we have enough stuff for our kids to throw away someday!:D

Sherri:)

Thanks for the reply’s, so I guess it’s more up to the mood of the day, of the person that is responsible for this stuff…I don’t really care for the pin if I get it or not, but defiantly the balcony discount and the higher tier welcome back party is more than welcome :D.

My friend had his pin waiting for him on the last night in his room and didn't want it so left it there when he checked out, he didn't get the balcony discount because he didn't know he was Platinum (although we got a good deal through ou TA anyway) and he didn't even attend the welcome back party after getting a special invite so I think he should give me his status instead :rolleyes:

So I spoke to soon apparently :D This was in my inbox today…So they do send emails after all congratulating you on the your newly achieved tier.

The email:

Dear Kristof,

Congratulations on reaching the Platinum level in the Crown & Anchor Society®. We've got a lot of exciting new things in store for you and your family.

Sure, you will continue to enjoy the same privileges you did at the Gold level. But now there are even more benefits to take advantage of. Like special rates on balcony and suite staterooms. Exclusive onboard events. Priority check-in. And a private departure lounge.

You can also find all your benefits and a wealth of information on Crown & Anchor Society at royalcaribbean.com/crownandanchor

Be sure to put this information in a handy place and remember to provide your Membership Number, whenever you reserve a cruise vacation, to gain access to a host of exclusive benefits

So, are you ready to try out all your new benefits in the Crown & Anchor Society? Then sail with us again soon on a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation. We look forward to treating you and your family to the cruise experience you deserve as a Platinum member.

Sincerely,

Adam Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International®

Knipsel.jpg.e68d0fbc3eaa0def00563374f8ea6bce.jpg

DH and I haven't cruised on RCCL since the late 90's...just too many other lines out there to try as we are not loyal to any particular line. We have a cruise booked in December 2013 and when I went on the webpage to gather info before calling my TA, it said that both DH and I are Platinum...well what a surprise that was..we had no idea..so I did take advantage of it and booked a JS for the December 2013 cruise and got $200 off the price. Made me happy..LOL

Hey all,

Just wandering…We just hit platinum status in the C&A tier…However, I would think we would at least receive some sort of automated email, congratulating us on achieving enough cruise nights and thanking us for the loyalty???

We received nothing what so ever, is this the same process in the US (and or UK etc) where RCI does have a proper office and representatives?

When we reached Diamond status, we got a letter congratulating us. It was just a form letter, but with our names on it. On the back of the letter, it had all the new benefits we would be receiving. This December is our first cruise since reaching Diamond status.

Archived