Booking Excursions

OarToOar

Reading the Cunard Website & FAQs, it refers several times to having to book excursions no later than 5 days before Embarktion date, yet on many reviews i've read on this site, people have referred to changing their escursions or booking them on the ship.

Can somebody please tell me if i would be able to book excursions on the ship or if the 5 day rules in fact does apply?

Thanks.

Reading the Cunard Website & FAQs, it refers several times to having to book excursions no later than 5 days before Embarktion date, yet on many reviews i've read on this site, people have referred to changing their escursions or booking them on the ship.

Can somebody please tell me if i would be able to book excursions on the ship or if the 5 day rules in fact does apply?

Thanks.

You can, subject to availability, book on board but it might be advisable to book the really popular tours before you board. You might also consider doing the tours independently and saving a fair amount of cash in doing so.

As per the Cap'n

Bookable on t' ship if spaces available.

But......

Do your homework and look at either an independent tour, or sort your own trip however you didn't say where you're thinking of which may affect things.

Cunard trips are expensive. Easy... but expensive...and the equivalent is easily sortable with a bit of planning. At much less that Cunard's prices.

A search of the CC site will bring all the answers re tours and destinations.

Independent tours are great!! DIY even better!!!!

Mr H.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if you can cancel a booked excursion once on board? I thought I remembered something about you could cancel 24-48 hours prior without being charged, but thought I would ask.

Barbara

We haven't actually had to cancel a Cunard shore excursion, but here is what ask.cunard.com has to say about it.

Is there a cancellation charge for shore excursions?

Reserved excursions can be cancelled or amended at no cost on-line via the Voyage Personaliser or by phoning our Reservations Centre on 0843 374 0000 up to seven days prior to departure.

Once you are on board, the cancellation of a shore excursion results in a 10% cancellation charge being added to your on-board account, providing this is no less than 48 hours before the tour departs. Cancellations made after this time will result in a 100% cancellation charge.

Should you need to cancel an excursion due to medical reasons, you should obtain a letter from the ship's doctor. Please note there will be a charge added to your account to visit the ship's doctor.

If you have booked an 'overland' tour, cancellation charges will be stated in the 'Important Information' section at the end of the tour description.

This agrees with the "Shore Excursions Terms & Conditions" section of the pre-voyage documentation we recently received for our up-coming voyage on the QE.

Regards,

John.

Archived