Courtesy Hold ?

irishgal432

I could be wrong, but no I don't believe you can. When you set up a courtesy hold, the program assigns a booking number to the hold.

The Monday/Tuesday specials are for "new bookings only" and I think having a number already assigned would eliminate your purchase from that criteria.

It would probably be better to just book it as soon as you can, I think C&A members can book as early as Monday. :)

If you mean when the sale listing is already out? I'm still not sure if you can...usually those cruises are past final pmt and have to be paid in full at time of booking...you "might" be able to ask a TA to hold you a cabin for 24 hours if you needed to secure time off from work or something...they sometimes have a little more "pull" than the rest of us...

Sorry, I mis spoke. Can I do a hold on Monday for the Monday/Tuesday Sale..

I see a cabin I want, but need to make sure my friend can go and she won't find out until Tuesday morning, so I wanted to hold the room on Monday. I am a C&A member.

I* think a courtesy hold will make you ineligible to book the sale. But you should call Crown & Anchor and ask if there is anyway to do what you're asking.

I see a cabin I want, but need to make sure my friend can go and she won't find out until Tuesday morning, so I wanted to hold the room on Monday. I am a C&A member.

If you are eligible for the Monday pricing, yes

we were able to on our most recent cruise. I visited our TA Monday morning, she was able to put a hold on the cabin ( which was valid until 5 pm Tuesday) so I could go home and make sure it was OK with my wife. We did book by Monday afternoon, but I'm pretty sure it would have valid until Tuesday.

Your first question is yes you can. Just did it last week. Put a cabin/reservation on hold on Tuesday during the sale and paid it on Wednesday. In this case I put it on hold for the price and not for the cabin.$725,24 total for a 16 night Transatlantic was just to good to refuse and this price was with the single supplement included!

If you see the cabin you want you can put it on hold on Monday and if the price is better on Tuesday you cancel the on hold reservation when you are ready to book and get that particular cabin. If the price is the same than no need to cancel and just make your (down) payment.

Archived