Platinum check in a FLL

NeurosurgeryNP

When we boarded the Coral in Ft Lauderdale, they called for boarding by the color of your key card and checked them before you were allowed to go out of the seating area. We saw several who had to get out of line.

I'm assuming you meant the color of the boarding pass. :confused:

Honestly because everyone is in a rush to get on board (even though on Princess your going to spend 7 or more days on the ship) earlier times seem to have waiting after 2 pm you can walk on board without too much waiting so enjoy South Florida; the "free food" on deck is not as good as some of the resturant experience syou can have in South Florida. Just my thoughts....

Honestly because everyone is in a rush to get on board (even though on Princess your going to spend 7 or more days on the ship) earlier times seem to have waiting after 2 pm you can walk on board without too much waiting so enjoy South Florida; the "free food" on deck is not as good as some of the resturant experience syou can have in South Florida. Just my thoughts....

On the other hand, some people like to board early to book certain items like the Sanctuary, Chef's Table, UST, specialty dining, etc...:)

Last time we left from FLL we were at Terminal 21 and there was a side door for Platinum & Elite members to enter. We did not have to wait outside in the long line that wound down & around in front of Terminal 2. (Which by the way was all boarded off, someone said they were updating it so I hope it's back open for the winter season:)) Instead we had an area that was blocked off from the main entrance with chairs for waiting. They then took us by rows over to the check-in areas.

On the other hand, some people like to board early to book certain items like the Sanctuary, Chef's Table, UST, specialty dining, etc...:)

Yes the other side of the coin!!!! I was trying to figure out how to pre-book resturants, but I guess I can't until I get on the ship. Trust me it will be my first call!!!! Already pre-booked shore excursions. LOL

We like to board early to have lunch in the dining room. I try to avoid the crowds in the buffet, especially the first day.

I hate the buffett; did not know about the dining room option. Maybe, I will have to re-think my position. I will be at the mercy of DH anyhow because his JOB may have him working one hour the morning of departure or 6 hours we never know!!!! My JOB can be handled at home in most cases, but if there is a big emergancy then I will have to go in the morning of the cruise also.

Tomorrow morning. We're currently at a hotel near the airport with free wifi. Works just as slow as Princess wifi. :D

It is just getting you in gear for the super slow Internet on board. Wish I were going with you...:)

Tomorrow morning. We're currently at a hotel near the airport with free wifi. Works just as slow as Princess wifi. :D

Have a great cruise Pia ! Look forward to reading your posts . Out of solidarity, since you put up with slow Internet , I will read them slowly;)

Archived