What Time Should We Arrive At Port Everglades?

tarheelmjfan

General guideline is 10:30/11am. When you arrive you will hand your checked luggage over to the longshoremen. You will then wait in a line outside the terminal, under cover. There will be a lot of activity, people arriving, people departing. The approximate time the line will start moving into the terminal is between 11:30 and noon. You will then check in and go upstairs to a waiting lounge. When actual boarding starts the Elite and Platinum members go first. Then all others according to when they arrived. If you arrive as above you should be on the ship by 12:30. Your cabin will be ready. You can go directly there. The entire process is very organized and quick.

I don't know when and where they start taking res. for the Chef's Table. Maybe someone else can comment on this point. I do know that you are required to wear closed toe shoes for the Chef's Table. You can not go into the operating galley with open toed shoes.

Thanks all for the advice. We'll plan to be there at 10:30.

General guideline is 10:30/11am. When you arrive you will hand your checked luggage over to the longshoremen. You will then wait in a line outside the terminal, under cover. There will be a lot of activity, people arriving, people departing. The approximate time the line will start moving into the terminal is between 11:30 and noon. You will then check in and go upstairs to a waiting lounge. When actual boarding starts the Elite and Platinum members go first. Then all others according to when they arrived. If you arrive as above you should be on the ship by 12:30. Your cabin will be ready. You can go directly there. The entire process is very organized and quick.

I don't know when and where they start taking res. for the Chef's Table. Maybe someone else can comment on this point. I do know that you are required to wear closed toe shoes for the Chef's Table. You can not go into the operating galley with open toed shoes.

I bought 2 pair of closed toe heels specifically for the Chef's Table. I wasn't sure which dress I'd want to wear, so I got both colors. :o If we don't make the cut, I'll at least have new shoes.

When we did the chefs table we tried the dine line.. Never could get thru...so next time we went to wait in line to talk to the matrdi and personally ask to be on the list for chefs table...

Thanks for the tip. If we can't get through the dine line, we'll try to hunt down the maitre d' as soon as possible.

So glad I read this post. I didnt know about the closed toe shoe requirement. I don't think I have any except sneakers. (live in FL). I really want to do Chef's Table. So.. Need to find a pair. And now I know if we can't get through to the DINE line to go in person!

Thanks

We usually take the hotel shuttle at 11:00 and arrive at 11:20 or so. But the last cruise we had to take the 10:30 shuttle. I so glad we did . We were in the group but we did not board until 12:30. They may have been cleaning .. Noro??? The line behind us was huge. I was told the line moved quickly but still.......

When we did the chefs table we tried the dine line.. Never could get thru...so next time we went to wait in line to talk to the matrdi and personally ask to be on the list for chefs table...

We are going on the Caribbean Princess in Jan and we would really like to do the Chef's table... Where do I find the Maitre d'? At the main dining room? Is it a better chance in person or on the dine line? All input is greatly appreciated!

We are going on the Caribbean Princess in Jan and we would really like to do the Chef's table... Where do I find the Maitre d'? At the main dining room? Is it a better chance in person or on the dine line? All input is greatly appreciated!

Someone has reported success speaking to the person in charge at the dining room open for lunch on embarkation day from Noon until 1:30.

So glad I read this post. I didnt know about the closed toe shoe requirement. I don't think I have any except sneakers. (live in FL). I really want to do Chef's Table. So.. Need to find a pair. And now I know if we can't get through to the DINE line to go in person!

Thanks

I'm another Floridian, which is why I had to buy closed to shoes. Hopefully, I didn't buy them for nothing.

Without priority embarkation then I would want to be there before 1100 but even with that with all of the Elite and Platinum members it may be crap shoot to book the Chef's Table.

That's what I'm afraid of. With suite passengers, elite & platinum members all able to book before us, our odds aren't great. I'm hoping they'll offer it an extra night, if there's a lot of interest.

Thanks

You can wear sneakers into the galley then change into other shoes for dining.

Archived