A Sad Wang Wang story or...

mountainmare

"lesson learned, never leave home without the recipe"

So there was a fire sale on a Mexico all inclusive trip. We debated between the Noodam TA and this trip, looked at one way airfare and did Mexico. I went up to the bar upon arrival (one drink in hand already) and asked if the bartender had ever heard of a Wang Wang--"Of course...would you like one now?" I said definately later and did a happy dance.

At lunch I ordered a Wang Wang, no funny look so I feel I'm safe. I was worried when a wine glass was presented, and even more confused when white white was poured. Oh well, must be my accent.

I went back to the bar and people sitting there remembered me...one was a HAL cruiser and said...they think you want wine, I tried to set them straight. So the bartender presented me with my "Wang Wang" then asked me how to really make one--but I left the recipe home.

So from now on I have learned my lesson, if you want a Wang Wang you have to get on a Dam ship..otherwise things just get lost in translation.

"lesson learned, never leave home without the recipe"

So there was a fire sale on a Mexico all inclusive trip. We debated between the Noodam TA and this trip, looked at one way airfare and did Mexico. I went up to the bar upon arrival (one drink in hand already) and asked if the bartender had ever heard of a Wang Wang--"Of course...would you like one now?" I said definately later and did a happy dance.

At lunch I ordered a Wang Wang, no funny look so I feel I'm safe. I was worried when a wine glass was presented, and even more confused when white white was poured. Oh well, must be my accent.

I went back to the bar and people sitting there remembered me...one was a HAL cruiser and said...they think you want wine, I tried to set them straight. So the bartender presented me with my "Wang Wang" then asked me how to really make one--but I left the recipe home.

So from now on I have learned my lesson, if you want a Wang Wang you have to get on a Dam ship..otherwise things just get lost in translation.

Just stick the recipe in your wallet and you will always be prepared.:D:D

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

An excellent bartender (Rob) in the CrowsNest of the Veendam has very strong wrists and is able to pour a much stronger WW. Trust me when I say this.:):)

Wang Wang = wine to some bar tenders? I know different cruise line -- but it is funny!!

Never had one -- don't like mixed drinks.

Will stick with my Grey Goose.

Personally I stick with my Bombay Sapphire martinis, shaken not stirred, but Mrs. K never leaves home without her Coral Lemon Drop recipe as provided and taught to her by Michael in the Crow's Nest on the Oosterdam back in 2004. :) Just this past March she "taught" a bartender on a completely different line how to make them for her. Actually caught on and he was making them for several passengers by the end of the cruise. :)

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!

wow - that is some wicked drink:eek::eek:

I don't know if I would dare try one:p:eek:

Archived