What a Triumph our vacation was!!! Gambling, snorkeling and lots of relaxing!!

jasjess7881

Hello all of my cruising buddies. We have been back since Thursday and I am still waiting for my stewardess to come clean and make up my bed, and where the heck are my mints??

We went on the 5 day Carnival Triumph on Sept 29-Oct 4 from Galveston to Progeso and Cozumel and we had a absolutely wonderful, amazing, fantastic..(well you get the point)...time!!

I will be doing a review with lots of pics and more pics and more pics..I took over 1600 pics..:eek:!!! So sit back and enjoy the ride!!

Ok, let me start with some of our history:

On this trip was just me (Jessica--31), my Hubby (Jason--34) and my husband's uncle..who is one of my bff's (Steve--??) and we all live in Austin, TX. This was our 3rd cruise, but we usually travel with a huge group of people and that usually includes my kiddos, but this was a last minute birthday cruise for Steve and we booked it 40 days out and decided to leave the kids at home:o!! Oh they were not happy campers, but we told them that we are going on a family cruise next year on the Magic..so that settled them down a little.

So since we decided so last minute to take this cruise, we, and when I say we...I mean ME(the planner of the family) started looking at excursions but we really just wanted to relax and not have any time schedule. So we decided to just do some shopping and relax on the beach in Progreso and in Cozumel, we decided to go to Chankanaab (on our own)and then head into town for a little bit.

When we booked this cruise, since it was so last minute for us, we decided we just wanted to be on the cruise, so we all decided to sacrifice and room together in an inside room:eek:, but we didn't care because we just wanted to cruise!! Well, about a week before our cruise, I got the upsell call and I JUMPED on the deal before he even stopped talking, lol!! We went from an inside room to a Balcony for a $150 TOTAL!! We were sooo stoked and were even more excited for our cruise.

Ok, now that the details are out of the way...next will be the good stuff!!:)

Cruise day:

After 40 days of planning and stressing and dealing with my kids whining and pouting cause they weren't going, our cruise day was finally here!! Woohoo!!

We decided to drive up the day of..I know, that is a huge no-no, but it couldn't be helped. Well, of course it decides to rain cats and dogs and pigs and elephants and whatever other animals you can think. So we leave Austin about 7:00 in the morning and it is pouring and it pretty much rained the whole drive to Galveston. We didn't care, we were on vacation, but it definitely made driving a little slower than usual. After a stop to eat breakfast, and then a stop in Galveston at the Liquor store to fill our rum runners..shhhhh:p ( This is a judge free zone) we finally made it to the cruise terminal and man it was packed!!

ry%3D400

Our first sighting of the Whale Tale!!

Look who was parked next to the Triumph!!

ry%3D400

The Disney Magic!!

OH, we are getting closer!! Hurry Hurry!!

ry%3D400

We parked at the Galveston Park N Cruise. It was $35 for 5 days if you pre purchase online and it was right across the street from the terminal. They do not have a shuttle, so Steve dropped Jason and I and all of our luggage off at the terminal and he went to go park the truck and then he just walked back to the terminal. (This will come to work for us at the end of our cruise..details later)

Next embarkation and our sail away!!

When Steve got back, the porter had already taken our luggage and we crossed our fingers that all of our smuggled liqour would make it on (again no judging, please). We entered the terminal and started the LONGEST embarkation that we have had to deal with. We got into the terminal about 12:30 and we did not get onto the ship until 2:30 or so. It took forever and I am not a very patient person, but heck I am on vacation..so no complaning from me!! So we FINALLY got onto the beautiful Triumph and headed straight to our room because we wanted to see our precious balcony! Our room was located forward on the 8th deck (the Veranda deck) but it was right by the elevators and it was in the perfect spot. We had room # 8249 in case anybody wants to know.

The guys excited to be in the room

ry%3D400

Some pics of the room:

The Balcony

ry%3D400

The bathroom

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

the little hallway where the closets are

ry%3D400

Our view of Galveston from our balcony

ry%3D400

Then we heard the thump of our luggage being put at our door...does our alcohol make it on??

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Your husband's uncle is one of your BFF?

Yes he is!! He is not that much older than my husband so they have a cousins like relationship instead of an uncle and nephew relationship!! We pretty much do everything together. My husband's family is really close and we usually all travel together, so it was really strange just us going without the rest of the family!!

Yes he is!! He is not that much older than my husband so they have a cousins like relationship instead of an uncle and nephew relationship!! We pretty much do everything together. My husband's family is really close and we usually all travel together, so it was really strange just us going without the rest of the family!!

Enjoying the review but your husbands uncle is a female??? Does he know he is a BFF????

I am from SF and dont judge you all from Austin:p

We brought our luggage inside and started digging around and woohooo...our alcohol made it on!!

A pic of our smuggled alcohol

ry%3D400

We also brought on water and cokes and 3 bottles of wine!!

After we unpacked, it was the dreaded muster time. We headed down to our station and packed all in like sardines and waited and waited and waited and waited some more..geez people, come on!! Everyone finally arrived and we got the show on the road. After that painful process, we were dismissed for some fun in the sun!!

We the headed upstairs to the lido deck so we can watch sail away.

ry%3D400

My hubby(Jason) is the one in orange and his uncle(Steve) is on the right!

We are die hard Longhorn fans and were crossing our fingers that we could watch the game against OK ST later that night.

Well I guess that the Disney ship got to leave before us, so we had fun watching them go by!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

and there she goes

ry%3D400

Enjoying the review but your husbands uncle is a female??? Does he know he is a BFF????

I am from SF and dont judge you all from Austin:p

He is a male...and I am not sure if he knows that I call him my BFF..maybe we should keep that to ourselves...thank goodness, he doesn't belong to CC!! :p

Well by this time is was almost 5:00 and we were anxious to sail away!!

ry%3D400

Steve in front of the whale tail!!

and finally we started sailing away!! Good bye Galveston!!

ry%3D400

The guys!!

ry%3D400

Uh-Oh..The water police busted someone!!

ry%3D400

Peace out galveston!

ry%3D400

Open seas ahead!

ry%3D400

We then decided to go take advantage of our balcony and watch the ocean go by!!

ry%3D400

and then we realized it was time for some Texas Longhorn football, so we turned on the tv to see of we were going to be able to watch it..and look what we found!!

ry%3D400

woohooo!!!

So we stayed in the room and watched this nail biting game...I was really hoping our neighbors were not in their room because we were kinda loud..sorry!! During this time, our room steward came to introduce herself, Michelle was awesome and kept our drinks iced down and room spotless!! We did not get a towel animal that night because we really stayed in the room all night. I went to bed after the game because I was tired, but the guys went out and explored!

Next up, Sea Day!

Hello all of my cruising buddies. We have been back since Thursday and I am still waiting for my stewardess to come clean and make up my bed, and where the heck are my mints??

We went on the 5 day Carnival Triumph on Sept 29-Oct 4 from Galveston to Progeso and Cozumel and we had a absolutely wonderful, amazing, fantastic..(well you get the point)...time!!

I will be doing a review with lots of pics and more pics and more pics..I took over 1600 pics..:eek:!!! So sit back and enjoy the ride!!

Thanks for doing a review with pics! This should hold me over for a few days. Will be waiting for more. Go Longhorns!!!

Looking forward to your review. My DS would DIE if he saw that Disney ship because he wants to sail on one of the SOOO badly...maybe in the next few years or so. Anyway, we plan to sail the Dream next year and I believe that a Disney ship sails from the same port...sigh. Just curious but did the Dis ship play their signature "horn" blast as they left out of port?

Looking forward to your review. My DS would DIE if he saw that Disney ship because he wants to sail on one of the SOOO badly...maybe in the next few years or so. Anyway, we plan to sail the Dream next year and I believe that a Disney ship sails from the same port...sigh. Just curious but did the Dis ship play their signature "horn" blast as they left out of port?

Yes they did and it was awesome!! They played "Wish upon a star!" Our ship and the disney ship were having a horn battle but I think that the Disney ship won!!

Ok, let me start with some of our history:

On this trip was just me (Jessica--31), my Hubby (Jason--34) and my husband's uncle..who is one of my bff's (Steve--??) and we all live in Austin, TX. This was our 3rd cruise, but we usually travel with a huge group of people and that usually includes my kiddos, but this was a last minute birthday cruise for Steve and we booked it 40 days out and decided to leave the kids at home:o!! Oh they were not happy campers, but we told them that we are going on a family cruise next year on the Magic..so that settled them down a little.

So since we decided so last minute to take this cruise, we, and when I say we...I mean ME(the planner of the family) started looking at excursions but we really just wanted to relax and not have any time schedule. So we decided to just do some shopping and relax on the beach in Progreso and in Cozumel, we decided to go to Chankanaab (on our own)and then head into town for a little bit.

When we booked this cruise, since it was so last minute for us, we decided we just wanted to be on the cruise, so we all decided to sacrifice and room together in an inside room:eek:, but we didn't care because we just wanted to cruise!! Well, about a week before our cruise, I got the upsell call and I JUMPED on the deal before he even stopped talking, lol!! We went from an inside room to a Balcony for a $150 TOTAL!! We were sooo stoked and were even more excited for our cruise.

Ok, now that the details are out of the way...next will be the good stuff!!:)

HOLY MOLY! How great is that? You should have told Steve it was a surprise for his birthday! :cool: Thanks for sharing your cruise. I love the Triumph. ;)

Archived