Playing ball onboard

headhunterke

Good night everyone

I got the e-mail my express docs are ready, I am really starting to prepare for my upcoming cruise in November on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Now, I sailed on the Eurodam before and I knew there was a basketball field on the ship, which was a good thing given I'm a basketball player. I haven't played any basketball back then because I was with my collegues and we just didn't had time to do so. Now, I saw there were a bunch of guys playing ball on the upper deck some nights and a question came to mind. Does the ship provides any basketballs, or do you need to bring your own ball? I'd really love to play some ball by moonlight with some other guys.

Oh boy, I can't wait any longer, please fast forward to the end of November. Pretty please.

There is a basketball court, but don't take it too seriously. The ship will be moving and there is typically a strong wind blowing. I have tried shooting a few baskets on the ship and it is quite difficult.

Balls are provided and you will not disturb anyone down below.

igraf

Good night everyone

I got the e-mail my express docs are ready, I am really starting to prepare for my upcoming cruise in November on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Now, I sailed on the Eurodam before and I knew there was a basketball field on the ship, which was a good thing given I'm a basketball player. I haven't played any basketball back then because I was with my collegues and we just didn't had time to do so. Now, I saw there were a bunch of guys playing ball on the upper deck some nights and a question came to mind. Does the ship provides any basketballs, or do you need to bring your own ball? I'd really love to play some ball by moonlight with some other guys.

Oh boy, I can't wait any longer, please fast forward to the end of November. Pretty please.

If it is easy bring your own.

On HAL you sign out the basketball and should return when done, but on some cruises someone keeps it so there is none available and the court sits empty for hours on a sea day.

We deflate ours and pack it and a pump.

I don't mind a serious game of basketball :-)

On our trip on Eurodam, I was asked to join, but as said before we were with colleagues so I skipped. But as I can imagine, they sometimes would be happy to have at least some time away from passengers...

I'm having high expectations from the Nieuw Amsterdam, given my previous experience on the Eurodam. Thanks for all the answers :-)

Just FYI, those late night games are crew members. Fast paced, high energy action. Don't know if passengers are invited to join, just ask.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind a new face in the crowd, providing you can keep up with those youngsters.

If it is easy bring your own.

On HAL you sign out the basketball and should return when done, but on some cruises someone keeps it so there is none available and the court sits empty for hours on a sea day.

We deflate ours and pack it and a pump.

Good idea. :)

Nice... nitpick on someone from Belgium's English. :rolleyes:

Naah, shouldn't have happened as I'm trying to be fluent in English. But sometimes, when I'm tired, I do make some mistakes :rolleyes:

But compared to many many others, I'm not doing too bad I think. I often get the question at work if I'm from NY as I apparently got a NY accent :D

Archived