Things you would never wear.

I love my Crocs! They are nearly the only brand I wear anymore. I own, let's see...

10 or so pairs? Of course, most of them look nothing like the original ones.

My newest ones are the sandals (Cleo 11 slingback - I own 2 pairs) that I wore all over Disneyworld & Universal Studios for a week with nary a hot spot nor blister (plus getting wet on the water rides was no prob). I also love my hot pink Farrah wedge sandals. (They look just like Barbie shoes, which I find fun).

The thing I love best is that the women's shoes come in my hard-to-find size 4 (size 2 kids).

What would I never wear? (#1 - never say never)

While I do love the look - high, high heels. Let's face it, if they come in my size, I may as well be walking around on pointe.

Anything that I can't wear a bra with. Time was, I only bought clothing that would allow me to not wear a bra (no white tops, essentially). Time and gravity changes everything :(

Thong underwear. As my daughter (now in her thirties) said long ago, "I've spent my whole life picking my underwear out of my butt, I'm not going to start wearing an intentional wedgie."

Straight leg jeans - unless I'm tucking them in my Uggs. (or, more accurately, Emu's because I'm too cheap for the real thing). I love those boots (so warm & comfy!), but I would never wear them in the summer with a dress or anything like that...

Any retro clothing that looks too much like I may actually have owned it since the first time the style was in.

Elastic-topped sundresses that look like what I bought my daughters when they were little.

A bikini. Never have (more's the pity - when I had the bod for it, I was too self-conscious), now never will.

• 2 weeks later...

Uggs when it is not cold outside (I do have 1 pair of black ones that I wear for their original purpose -- as warm winter boots)

Crocs

Bikinis

Mini skirts

Short shorts (I'm 30 and in reasonable shape, they don't have to come down to my knees, but if you need a bikini wax to wear them they shouldn't be worn in public!)

Skinny jeans

Jeggings

Leggings without a top that covers my butt

Heels more than 2 1/2 inches tall

Any combination of clothing that allows the top of my underwear to be seen

Any pants/shorts with words on the butt

Great thread! I started reading from the beginning, but i dont have time to read through all the posts right now. :cool:

Things I dont wear, or wouldnt wear on a cruise:

T shirts, just not into them in general unless doing yard work.

Jeans, just not my thing in the caribbean heat..

Crocs, the flip flop style I wear as house-shoes :rolleyes:

Tank Tops, I dont wear them, period.

I must get back to reading the comments!

:)

Oh, I thought of another! Capri length pants that flare out at the bottom. Universally unflattering. Actually, most capris length pants are unflattering. I like wearing them but am radically picky about the length and cut. I see so many "fluffy" women in wide leg capris that make them look like they are wearing a box. shudder

I don't wear hooker/stripper heels, nor do I wear the designer shoes that claim to be fashion but are still just really expensive hooker/stripper heels.

Shorts and uggs or winter jackets and flip flops...really choose a season and dress for it people

elastic waist pants or floral pattern camp shirts just think it's too old for me

clothing with words on the boobs or butt just think it's too young for me

sleep pants or house shoes in public sorry it's just trashy

sweatpants as an outfit.... unless you are a member of a sports team or running errends after working out it just screams to lazy to put on real pants.

purple or yellow or gold hate these colors (disclamer to this is my nephews FBU team is purple and gray and I just ordered the team sweatshirt unfortunatly in Purple...only for the love of a child)

I don't wear stadium coats, I'd rather have a cold butt.

I don't wear hooker/stripper heels, nor do I wear the designer shoes that claim to be fashion but are still just really expensive hooker/stripper heels.

Shorts and uggs or winter jackets and flip flops...really choose a season and dress for it people

elastic waist pants or floral pattern camp shirts just think it's too old for me

clothing with words on the boobs or butt just think it's too young for me

sleep pants or house shoes in public sorry it's just trashy

sweatpants as an outfit.... unless you are a member of a sports team or running errends after working out it just screams to lazy to put on real pants.

purple or yellow or gold hate these colors (disclamer to this is my nephews FBU team is purple and gray and I just ordered the team sweatshirt unfortunatly in Purple...only for the love of a child)

I don't wear stadium coats, I'd rather have a cold butt.

Do you hate all purple or just Barney purple? I'm not a fan of Barney purple, but I do love eggplant/dark plum. Agree with you about most of the rest. I do like nice stretch pants outfits (step up from track suit) for running errands and grocery shopping! :o

Do you hate all purple or just Barney purple? I'm not a fan of Barney purple, but I do love eggplant/dark plum. Agree with you about most of the rest. I do like nice stretch pants outfits (step up from track suit) for running errands and grocery shopping! :o

yep I hate all purple (even the one I'll be wearing on the weekends once playoffs for the boy starts)

I think most of the things I have a problem with have nothing to do with how other people look and mostly to do with how I percieve I would look or my own internal what's appropriate or not. I'm a big proponant of where whatever you are comfortable with. I might not like it but I NEVER say anything to someone about what they wear. For all I know they think they look beautiful.

It is so interesting looking at the differences in taste and likes among people.

I Never Wear:

Flip Flops

Sandals of any kind

Any type of underwear besides thongs

Anything higher than mid rise jeans or pants

Real Fur

Dresses or skirt without thigh highs or tights

Ballet flats

Bras if I can get away with it

tank tops

Capri pants (especially with flip flops -ugh)

white pants

pants with pleats

spanx or any type of girdle type thing

Beige

Pastels

too tight clothing

sneakers (unless exercising)

shoes without some sort of sock or stocking

floral prints

anything that looks like it comes from Quacker Factory

Gee I have a lot of don'ts

Great thread!

My list echoes many of you:

Crocs

Uggs

Horizontal stripes

Roll necks

Pyjamas in public

Velour tracksuits - especially with slogans across the butt

Specially printed "group" T shirts

Snow washed denim

Dark/patterened bra under a light/seethrough shirt (ditto knickers/trousers)

Toe post flip flops (except the pair I wear in the shower at the gym)

Strapless dresses - they make my shoulders look huge

Satin dresses - very unforgiving

Chunky knitwear

Animal prints - although I did have zebra pattern toes on my last cruise

I agree, never a fan of tie dye.

Other things I've thought of:

cardigans

wool sweaters (itchy!)

elasticized waist pants (except for sweat pants)

skinny leg jeans

tank tops

bathing suits with anything more than a shelf bra in them

tops with those tiny cap sleeves, ugh!

I was considering a pair of Stuart Weitzman flats in patent leather ONLY because they are in my size, USA 4. However, reality set in and I am certain it is foolish to spend over $300 for shoes I could not ever bring myself to wear. Naturally, the shoes are not available in anything except patent leather - grr!

Vera Bradley or any of those countrified quilt-like purses.

Anything with rhinestones.

I don't like to say I'll never wear something, because you never know when you'll pull out one of these items for Halloween or a costume party...

But things I don't wear on a daily basis are:

- flip flops (not real shoes)

- chevron (too trendy)

- matching family t-shirts

- big, chunky crocs (they actually have some cute canvas ones now that I would consider)

- lanyard to hold SeaPass/room key/etc

- capri pants (sometimes I cuff my jeans up, but not that awkward capri length)

- poor-quality designer rip-off formal gowns made in sweatshops in China and sold on ebay

Now, I think that many of you are misinformed about skinny jeans. When worn correctly, they can be very flattering.

Archived