Things you would never wear.

The ugliest, most horrific things ever invented. Almost everyone here has them on their NO list and yet I see them EVERYWHERE on EVERY cruise.

Just goes to show that people on CC are only a small percentage of cruisers in general.;):)

Having said that, it seems that wearing Crocs is dying down around here, along with flip flops, since there aren't the numerous threads asking if it's OK to wear them to dinner, etc.

Just goes to show that people on CC are only a small percentage of cruisers in general.;):)

Having said that, it seems that wearing Crocs is dying down around here, along with flip flops, since there aren't the numerous threads asking if it's OK to wear them to dinner, etc.

Thank goodness. NOW....if they would only do away with fanny packs :eek:

The ugliest, most horrific things ever invented. Almost everyone here has them on their NO list and yet I see them EVERYWHERE on EVERY cruise.

Yes! They are the ugliest, most horrific things ever invented. My three years old neighbor had a yellow pair. She is nine years old now. Anway, I told her, I like her shoes. For Christmas, she gave me a yellow pair. I wear them only when I water my flowers.

Yes! They are the ugliest, most horrific things ever invented. My three years old neighbor had a yellow pair. She is nine years old now. Anway, I told her, I like her shoes. For Christmas, she gave me a yellow pair. I wear them only when I water my flowers.

That is really sweet. Make sure she doesn't buy you a fanny pack...lol :o

If I remember rightly you have or had such a beautiful yellow dress that would be such a match to these;):D

Can I ask all you ladies who do not wear hosiery: How do you dress for work? Or I'll rephrase: If you had to wear a skirt to work, what would you wear with it?

I'm just surprised that so many can NOT wear a pantyhose/hosiery in general. I have to wear them at work with my uniform.

Two years ago I retired from being a legal secretary over 15 years. I never wore hose, just skirts and blouses or a dress with heels.

Rompers/Jumpsuits - a very VERY tiny percentage of the population can wear them (and I am not one of the blessed ones) and look decent, and even then it's just not a style I like.

Booties - I have grown somewhat used to them on other people, still hate them on me.

The platform heels that are all the rage now - Can this trend die please? I hate that all of the would-be cute heels in stores now have an extra inch or two on the bottom. I'm 5'10" - the regular heel is tall enough!

Sweatpants/PJs/etc outside of the house.

Acid-washed denim - enough said.

Can I ask all you ladies who do not wear hosiery: How do you dress for work? Or I'll rephrase: If you had to wear a skirt to work, what would you wear with it?

I'm just surprised that so many can NOT wear a pantyhose/hosiery in general. I have to wear them at work with my uniform.

I'm with you - I can't imagine feeling dressed up properly without pantyhose/tights. And when I lived in the tropics, I still wore them - found they were actually good there, and you will see lots of girls in Singapore wearing them because they do make sense (no sweaty thighs). For me an elegant outfit isn't elegant without stockings/pantyhose/tights.

I'm with you - I can't imagine feeling dressed up properly without pantyhose/tights. And when I lived in the tropics, I still wore them - found they were actually good there, and you will see lots of girls in Singapore wearing them because they do make sense (no sweaty thighs). For me an elegant outfit isn't elegant without stockings/pantyhose/tights.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I think this has been argued:D before, but it has been so long since I've worn pantyhose that I can't imagine wearing them and I can't remember the last time I bought a pair for myself although I did purchase some for my grandmother at her request. She is 102 years old and would not leave the home without her pantyhose or knee highs.:D

I work for a Catholic hospital and the sisters do not allow us to have bare legs so you must wear hose or pants. I choose to wear pants if I am there for meetings, otherwise, I wear scrubs with crew socks.

Sherri:)

And here was me thinking with your screen name you would be a perfect candidate for thongs:D:D

It's the only undies I wear, I had a real drama this morning though as had to find Bridget Jones panties for a Dr's visit and I couldn't find any! I have a whole 2 pairs for this sort of thing but they were AWOL, so off to Target tonight to get a couple more pairs! DH answer was just wear a pair of mine:eek::eek:

Actually, I am pretty geeky and at the time I signed up for this account was into tropical fish. Bottomfeeders are the catfish and stuff that eat the crap at the bottom of the tank. I thought it was not a bad metaphor for my quest to get the best possible bargain price on a cruise. I realize now that it could be interpreted many ways, most of which would probably horrify me if I knew!! :eek:

I dunno, maybe the thong underwear is the same for me as ski-ing: I waited too late in life to try them, and I would enjoy them if only I had started as a teenager! :)

Horizontal stripes for anyone over the age of 15. If you haven't already, say GOODBYE!

Good one!!!

And the mullet dress. I had to google it, too. What a great description! I'm OCD enough to not like anything that has a variable length hem between front and back. It just looks like something is hanging incorrectly.

I have HUGE feet. So no brightly colored Crocs for me, because they make me look like I'm Bozo the Clown! (Or Ronald McDonald.) I've tried them on, and they are very comfortable and LIGHT. So sometimes I wish I could wear them, but nope. They are a never.

But the biggest one for me, as mentioned by many others, is a bikini. :eek: I've had seven kids and no tummy tuck. NO ONE (not even me) should see my tummy! I do like tankinis though. Great invention! Especially on snorkel outings. Much easier than one-piecers for certain things. ;)

Robin

While I have and wear the croc flip flops, DH has a whole shoe rack of crocs. He loves them. I'm not a fan, especially when he wears socks with them. BUT - I only pick out what he wears to work. The rest of the time, he's on his own. He will be wearing crocs on every cruise and land vacation we take. He'll be the one in the camo crocs more than likely.

As for hosiery, pantyhose are among the least hygienic thing to wear. I worked in a health care system for almost 20 years. When I started there, hose were required. But when I went to work there, I came with a note from my doctor to only wear hosiery at my discretion (I don't sweat and hosiery raises my body temp). About 10 years ago, the corporate dress code was rewritten to not mandate hosiery.

Saw a lady today who looked the same color as the infamous tanning Mom but was late 50's I would say and she had hooters type hot pants/shorts on.

I wanted to direct her to this thread. It is funny how cruising and the threads here creep into your everyday life when you aren't even online!

Your post reminded me of this thread, so I had to go find it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1600138&highlight=pet+peeves

There are many things you won't catch me in but the main 2 are Tattos and body piercings. Yes I do have 1 hole in each ear but that is all and I can't understand these new style earrings where the hole is the size of a half dollar.

After having 4 babies (youngest is 32) there will be nomore bikinis on this flabby belly. Same goes for the low low waisted pants.

Altho when i do dress up nice I will wear pantyhose only because with my bad feet and legs I have to if I am wearing heels. It sure beats the compression socks I have to wear with pants, I am supposed to wear them all the time but with living in Arizona it is just tooo hot in the summer.

There are many others and some of them have already been mentioned but these are the main ones that I can think of off hand.

Good one!!!

I have HUGE feet. So no brightly colored Crocs for me, because they make me look like I'm Bozo the Clown! (Or Ronald McDonald.) I've tried them on, and they are very comfortable and LIGHT. So sometimes I wish I could wear them, but nope. They are a never.

Robin

They make me think of Minnie Mouse!

I can't/don't wear anything sleeveless.

Only very small heels

Definately no pajamas outside the house

Ooh, I thought of something else. All those "circlet" or "diadem" or "wreath" type hair decorations that are out this year--and also the ones that are like barrettes but with decorations dangling down off them. I'm definitely too old to appreciate those! :)

Oh I love you ladies SO much! I agree with the majority of what you all said i.e. no tummy baring, croc wearing, flip flop wearing, bra straps showing, pj pants, etc. I haven't worn a bikini since I was a teenager, and that day will never come again. I agree with the mullet dresses but also, no miniskirts. We recently sailed the Carnival Freedom and there was an older, very tanned woman, with spiky short blonde hair (dyed), who wore very high heels and miniskirts to the MDR every night. Now, ok she was slim. But she was also a lot older and let's just say it was not age appropriate. She turned heads, but not in a good way.

I wish the men would adhere to some of the "rules" too (i.e. NO SPEEDOS unless you work as a Chippendale dancer. Then, please do!) :D

Thanks for the laughs!

[quote name=bythehex;35718129

I wish the men would adhere to some of the "rules" too (i.e. NO SPEEDOS unless you work as a Chippendale dancer. Then' date=' please do!) :D

Thanks for the laughs![/quote]

I dunno, I think it would be okay for men to wear Speedos if they AREN'T Chippendale dancers but are frequently mistaken for one, or were recently recruited to become one! :D

I dunno, I think it would be okay for men to wear Speedos if they AREN'T Chippendale dancers but are frequently mistaken for one, or were recently recruited to become one! :D

Let's be honest some men do not need to be with their shirts off much less in a speedo. They are so critcal of the ladies in their swimsuits, but they really need to take a look at theirselves. Now I am trying to get that negative image out of my head and think of those who could be recruited to be a Chippendale dancer!!!!

Archived