Things you would never wear.

I can't stand back pocket flaps.

I currently own a pair of jeans which I used to like a lot until I watched that jeans fitting video and then took a pic of my booty to see how it looks in them. :eek: Now the jeans are driving me crazy!

They also have pocket flaps which offend my OCDness, because even if I press them, they don't stay down. One seems to always have a mind of its own. As soon as I can go shopping, I'm getting a new pair WITHOUT flaps! (And a pair that doesn't make my booty look so flat!)

Robin

Kate does get an "allowance" for her clothes. Prince Charles also apparently bought her a load of outfits around the time her and William got married, well he paid for them at least!

She does recycle her clothing which is good to see, and I don't think there is anything wrong with a royal wearing the same thing on many occasions plus she also wears a mix of grander items and high street labels.

Budget? You really think Kate Middleton has a budget? :D I doubt she ever sees a price tag!

Actually she pays for her own clothes (though I'm sure she has a line item in her personal budget for them). There is no state budget for the royals clothing, they are expected to pay for them out of thier funds which mostly comes from private holdings. Granted her budget is probably pretty healthy but she is not a extravagant spender. Kate has made headlines for multipurposing clothing, wearing brands that are public pricetag friendly and even sharing clothes with her mum and sister. But yes even the royals have a budget.

Her and First Lady Obama have both shown they know how to be thrifty while being very trendy. I admire their sense of style and their use of common sense when it comes to clothing.

Her and First Lady Obama have both shown they know how to be thrifty while being very trendy. I admire their sense of style and their use of common sense when it comes to clothing.

I'm not sure if I would describe either Kate Middleton or Michelle Obama as "thrifty" just because they've reworn a few clothing options. If you want to see thrifty, check out TLC's Extreme Cheapskates.... that show actually borders on the line of unsanitary. :eek: :D

I'm not sure if I would describe either Kate Middleton or Michelle Obama as "thrifty" just because they've reworn a few clothing options. If you want to see thrifty, check out TLC's Extreme Cheapskates.... that show actually borders on the line of unsanitary. :eek: :D

Neither, would I. In fact, I had to clean off my monitor after reading that!

If you want to see thrifty, check out TLC's Extreme Cheapskates.... that show actually borders on the line of unsanitary. :eek: :D

I'm not a big fan of reality shows, but this one piqued my curiosity. Absolutely unreal what some of these people supposedly did. I don't blame them for trying to save cash, buying thrift store finds, etc... But not laundering their clothing? Wearing it into the shower instead?

One guy left the tags on his clothing, wearing it not only into the shower, but covering the tags with plastic zip baggies so he could return the clothing after he wore it a few months. Hopefully this was done for production value and retailers are not accepting his returned clothing. Retailers should not hold the bag for his cheapness...sure if he didn't use it, but wear and return???

I'm better off not watching reality shows :rolleyes: Don't even get me started on the dumpster diving.

Kate does get an "allowance" for her clothes. Prince Charles also apparently bought her a load of outfits around the time her and William got married, well he paid for them at least!

She does recycle her clothing which is good to see, and I don't think there is anything wrong with a royal wearing the same thing on many occasions plus she also wears a mix of grander items and high street labels.

Interesting I remember Fergie saying on Oprah that many top designers gave Diana a lot of clothing free-because if she wore something sales would go through the roof. She made great advertising for them. Fergie told this complaining to Oprah saying people expected her to dress as well and she couldn't as she did not have the budget.

I like Kate better than I ever did Diana. Kate reminds me more of Jackie Kennedy than Diana. She is very classy and knows how to act when cameras are on her but yet she does not crave the cameras the way Diana did. She is much more low key.

Even with that topless incident-I still think Kate is low key, she was just naive. It took a long distance lense to get those topless pics of her. It is just too bad her husband did not warn her that that was possible. When I saw where those pics were taken from I could not help but think I would have been too stupid to realize also.

It's a lot easier to list what I wear than what I don't wear:

Jeans

Loose fitting Turtlenecks

Loose fitting Teeshirts

Shorts

Capris

Tunic tops with interesting details

Sneakers

Oxford Shoes

Loafers if I want to dress up

Sandals very rarely (I hate not wearing socks)

An occasional black or gray skirt with black tights

An occasional black or khaki twill trousers

Not much accessorizing or jewellery wearing

That's about it. I like not having to think about clothes too much.

I like Kate better than I ever did Diana. Kate reminds me more of Jackie Kennedy than Diana. She is very classy and knows how to act when cameras are on her but yet she does not crave the cameras the way Diana did. She is much more low key

IMO IF Diana had the love and attention of her husband, she wouldn't have needed to seek it from the public and press.

I liked Diana. Kate is, to me, a little Stepford - wifeish. :D

IMO IF Diana had the love and attention of her husband, she wouldn't have needed to seek it from the public and press.

I liked Diana. Kate is, to me, a little Stepford - wifeish. :D

I liked Diana too and I remember when they married-she barely 20 and he almost 33. BIG age difference when one of the couple is THAT young. Why did he marry someone so young-because the palace dictated that he marry someone with no known sexual past an dos to find one he had to marry someone that young. He had almost married a couple fo other girls until rumors came out that they had had previous lovers.

Yes that was unfair to Diana, especially her being so young and foolish enough to believe in fairy tales. I think Charles thought that she understood that it would not be a real marriage once a couple of heirs were born.. Diana herself said they did not sleep together again after Harry was born. She kept hoping for awhile-but did give in and took her first lover in 1986.

I know that does not make him "right"-he should have stood up to them the way William did and chose his wife for himself.

You do know William and Kate lived together for nearly 8 years. why do you think it was that long? It took William that long to convince them that he should have the woman of HIS choice.

Kate is no Stepford wife-she just does not crave the limelight as I said and like Jackie Kennedy wanted at least some of her life to still be private. So what if she shows little emotion in public-what do you expect of the poor woman-if she gains a pound or wear a more loose fitting our fit-everyone starts saying "baby bump."

as far as poor Diana-I do not think she craved the limelight once she got her divorce from Charles-it worked for her to get public sympathy-that way she got a divorce and also rights in her divorce-concerning her sons that she could have easily lost or else had to stay married on paper. She was very much in love with that Dr. Khan-but he could not stand the limelight. Although I do not believe she was in love with Dodi-as it was too soon-they had only been a couple barely a month and she had only recently broken off with Khan-she did feel pressure from him also as he did not like the constant exposure they were getting.

Read Trevor Rees Jones 's book. A real eye opener-it was Dodi that ordered that 3rd car-because of all the Paparazzi in front of the hotel and it was he who grabbed Henri Paul and asked him to drive (who was supposed to be off and not working) as he wanted to keep their actual driver waited as a decoy.

Tights/Pantyhose with sandals or open toed shoes. Seem less at the toe might be OK though.

I saw someone yesterday with a full length skirt, split at the sides past the knee and they had pop socks on. Not a flattering look!

What are pop socks? I can't stand the look of Birkenstocks, but especially with a skirt and socks. Screams "nature biscuit" to me! :cool:

We have a dress code at work, so I wear knee highs with my pants. I would never wear them with a dress, capris, etc. That would be so weird!

I am having trouble seeing the point of wearing tights with cocktail dresses and the like. They are casual, cold weather attire to me. I think they look good with sweater dresses, but they seem out of place with certain things.

I know it is a trend now, as someone mentioned they were going to wear them on their cruise with shorts. I guess I should emphasize that I would never wear them, but I'm not passing judgment on those who do.

Some fashion trends I see in stores that I don't care for include:

Blouses and tops that are really ponchos. The sleeves don't exist. They are just flaps of cloth.

Really deep raglan sleeves in whch the loose fabric is almost at the waist.

Jackets and cardigans with a "blouse" that is attached to the front, but there is no blouse in the back.

Sweaters with attached contrasting collar and cuffs made to look like a shirt is underneath the sweater.

Thickly cabled sweaters and cardigans.

Tiny cap sleeves.

Really large prints, paisley and large plaids.

Long fringe; large, wide ruffles.

The T-shirts with the white strips under the armpits, because of the manner in which the fabric was dyed.

Cowl necks so wide that they fall off the shoulders.

Harem pants, especially the ones with an MC Hammer dropped crotch.

Any top taht bares deep cleavage. (OK, I'm old fashioned.)

Almost anything Christina Aguilera wears.

We have a dress code at work, so I wear knee highs with my pants. I would never wear them with a dress, capris, etc. That would be so weird!

I am having trouble seeing the point of wearing tights with cocktail dresses and the like. They are casual, cold weather attire to me. I think they look good with sweater dresses, but they seem out of place with certain things.

I know it is a trend now, as someone mentioned they were going to wear them on their cruise with shorts. I guess I should emphasize that I would never wear them, but I'm not passing judgment on those who do.

I think you are thinking of "tights" as being what many Americans and Australian's used to call them, ie, thick heavy weight things, 50 denier upwards, whereas half the world now follows the Brits and refers to pantyhose (or even stockings) as tights. I got used to saying tights when I lived in England, and it took me some time to get used to saying pantyhose when I returned to Australia after a few years. Nowadays, though, many people just say tights, meaning pantyhose, and when they mean the thick ones - such as you wear in winter or with shorts etc - they will say knitted tights, or some such expression. What's in a name indeed. :)

The thicker tights are also called Opaques in UK.

http://www.barenecessities.com/hue-opaque-tights-4689_product.htm?pf_id=Hue4689

I also used to have some nice knitted tights, sounds awful but they were made by Dior and had a cut out pattern so you could see skin underneath, not practical in winter but you looked stylish!!

The thicker tights are also called Opaques in UK.

http://www.barenecessities.com/hue-opaque-tights-4689_product.htm?pf_id=Hue4689

I also used to have some nice knitted tights, sounds awful but they were made by Dior and had a cut out pattern so you could see skin underneath, not practical in winter but you looked stylish!!

Wear them with boots that have a sexy look to them. You should be able to do that- since you do not need snow boots in Orlando

Archived