Over The Water cabana at Nellies BOOKED - What pics do you want?

You must have special privileges or an upscale suite. we are in a junior suite which must not rate.. :D

I was very sad to see this, but I feel obligated to be with our group.. maybe another time if it presents itself.

Your reservation has been cancelled. Please print this page for your records.

Cruise: 9 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas

Date of Departure: 24-Feb-2013

Departing From: Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey

Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellie's Beach

09:00 AM

Total Cost*: 250.00 USD

DAY 7

02-Mar-2013

Labadee, Haiti

Actually, we are only staying in a lowly family promenade cabin. 6 people with 1 bathroom is going to be rough, but at least we have the cabana to look forward to. ;)

I'm so glad this thread is helpful! I had been scouring the site looking for some pretty specific pictures so THANK YOU to all who posted! I will update this thread after I come back in March but everyone please feel free to add to this! At least everything is all in one spot :D

You must have special privileges or an upscale suite. we are in a junior suite which must not rate.. ...

We were in a JS also, so we had no access to the Barefoot Cabanas.

Only Nellies, which was fine. The choice was Water-Access or Hillside, so I chose Hillside. (a decision that I was most happy with).

We have a cabana booked for March.

What do you usually tip? We are not drinkers so would use up the free water included.

Since our attendant made several trips to the bar for us, and came and told us when lunch was, and also arranged for a private ATV ride back to the dock (not that we couldn't have walked it mind you), we tipped him $20.00

Oh, we also found out that the cabin attendants are residents, NOT RCI employees. That influenced the amount of the tip also. ;)

We were on the Oasis Sept 1st and had a Beach Cabana on Nellies. I'll post a few pictures. I know this is about the water ones, but I thought this may be helpful too. **All pictures are on Nellies

249600_645800494048_1631358632_n.jpg

Ours was the one in the middle of the picture-second from the left overall.

393571_645800129778_1349796989_n.jpg

View from cabana. It was not obstructed by the wall.

310365_645800294448_1771329720_n.jpg

Inside.

262283_645801307418_1638286269_n.jpg

Loungers.

576874_645800658718_581052258_n.jpg

485833_645801047938_498199994_n.jpg

This shows some of the ones with water access.

Hope these help!

thanks for these - i've added them to the picture thread for cabanas on the private island boards too!! Great to see all these beautiful pics, wish I was there again now!!

Will be on the Explorer out of NJ on Dec. 23rd and have one day on Coco Cay. How do we reserve a cabana? My parents are in a suite and RC told me they would be contacted. I see some of you saying you already have reservations for trips in March. Anyone know who I should contact?

Will be on the Explorer out of NJ on Dec. 23rd and have one day on Coco Cay. How do we reserve a cabana? My parents are in a suite and RC told me they would be contacted. I see some of you saying you already have reservations for trips in March. Anyone know who I should contact?

I found mine on Labadee in the shore excursions section. Check there to see if they have any on Coco Cay!

I went out to the RC website and attempted to reserve one for our upcoming sailing on the Allure. The site said check once you get onboard.

I have heard they sell out super quick. But they hold a certain percent for online booking. I would jump on that when you get on board :D

• 1 month later...
How do you book/reserve cabanas?

You have to go into your My Cruises section after you log in. Then go to the Pre-Cruise Planner and pull up the excursions for Labadee and see if any cabanas are available. But if you reserve, be sure to just put it in one person's name. Otherwise your amount will be multiplied by the number you put in. It only takes one to reserve.

Good Luck. We reesrved ours for our March cruise last August before the prices went up.

You have to go into your My Cruises section after you log in. Then go to the Pre-Cruise Planner and pull up the excursions for Labadee and see if any cabanas are available. But if you reserve, be sure to just put it in one person's name. Otherwise your amount will be multiplied by the number you put in. It only takes one to reserve.

Good Luck. We reesrved ours for our March cruise last August before the prices went up.

they were never available online for us, said to see someone onboard the ship so that's what we did. I only took one pic, sorry

I felt lucky to have the one with some trees

oasiscabana.jpg

seems to me labadee is pretty disorganized, we asked someone how to get to the cabanas right off the ship and we were told to walk all the way there, no mention of the stop to check in and get driven around brought up here.

Wonderful, wonderful info and pix in all these threads -- answered all my questions except one.

I have reserved an Nellies OTW cabana for my January cruise and one of the couples we may share it with are elderly and have some -- not a lot -- of mobility issues. I see the stairs that lead down to the water but I can't get an image in my head of what the land access to the cabins is like. Is it stairs? Rocks? Fairly even? In the pix it looks like the cabanas themselves are on the level with the beach...does anyone have specific info?

Thanks!

I did just that & the tabs say "inquire onboard"....???

I was able to reserve an over the water cabana for my February *2014* cruise. I don't know if it was a glitch in the system that allowed me to reserve so early, but it went through and my credit card has been charged. Whoo hoo!

Wonderful, wonderful info and pix in all these threads -- answered all my questions except one.

I have reserved an Nellies OTW cabana for my January cruise and one of the couples we may share it with are elderly and have some -- not a lot -- of mobility issues. I see the stairs that lead down to the water but I can't get an image in my head of what the land access to the cabins is like. Is it stairs? Rocks? Fairly even? In the pix it looks like the cabanas themselves are on the level with the beach...does anyone have specific info?

Thanks!

If you look in the Port of Call section for Private Islands there is a very large thread on Nellie's Cabanas. There are lots of photos and one or more show that there is a ramp leading to two of the Over the Water Cabanas. If you need one with a ramp my advice would be see guest services as soon as you board to indicate you need one and then get off the ship early to get to the information area and remind them you need one with a ramp.

Archived