Reflection interconnecting rooms - back to the doors in the cabin walls

uktog

Shortly after he turns the tv you can see it on the left. Just keep watching that section. So now there are going to be 3 doors all in the same area. Talk about being gridlocked! Who thinks of this stuff !

Well, maybe not. Looks like maybe the stateroom door opens out into the alcove from the picture above. If that's the case, and you are not connecting, maybe not a problem. Hopefully they thought about insulating/soundproofing it well.

Just a thought...it looked like the door you might have seen was the bathroom door reflected in the mirror next to the TV..maybe?

No. There isn't a mirror next to the tv - it's by the bathroom and you can see when he walks past it. Plus you can see he handle to the door on the wall completely closed. Watch the video again with those things in mind.

No. There isn't a mirror next to the tv - it's by the bathroom and you can see when he walks past it. Plus you can see he handle to the door on the wall completely closed. Watch the video again with those things in mind.

Did you see the picture I posted at the top of this page? It is the outer door and the connecting door.

Did you see the picture I posted at the top of this page? It is the outer door and the connecting door.

Yes I did. Did you watch the video? There is now a door like in a hotel room (in addition to the outer doors possibly). As some people have reported that there are now these interior doors. This video is proof that its true.

Yes I did. Did you watch the video? There is now a door like in a hotel room (in addition to the outer doors possibly). As some people have reported that there are now these interior doors. This video is proof that its true.

Isn't that what the picture shows? The outer door on the left and the interior connecting door on the right (beside the bathroom door) What am I missing?

Isn't that what the picture shows? The outer door on the left and the interior connecting door on the right (beside the bathroom door) What am I missing?

I think you are misunderstanding what I am trying to say. The pic that you posted appears to be like all the other S-Class ships. The outer vestibule thing for connecting rooms. The Reflection may still have that as shown by your pic. What I and others are saying is there is a door COMPLETELY inside the room itself across from the bathroom that makes it possible to go between and see directly into the connecting room like a hotel and M-Class ship. Does that make sense to you? I may get a little over excited on here and having to type on my iPhone isn't the easiest :).

It's a bit silly to be guessing when we should know exactly in the next couple of days. It would make no sense to have both an inside connecting door and an extra door outside for outside connecting doors. Perhaps some of the rooms have internal doors and some external (which may make it exciting to book one or the other).

It's a bit silly to be guessing when we should know exactly in the next couple of days. It would make no sense to have both an inside connecting door and an extra door outside for outside connecting doors. Perhaps some of the rooms have internal doors and some external (which may make it exciting to book one or the other).

If that's the case, I feel bad for Librarylady for having to keep up with THAT S-Class spreadsheet :o

Just a thought...it looked like the door you might have seen was the bathroom door reflected in the mirror next to the TV..maybe?

I agree. What you can see at 1:33 of the video is definitely the bathroom door reflected in the mirror next to the TV. It's the mirror above the desk. You can also see the light switch of the bathroom. Having a light switch for the next room wouldn't make sense.

I agree. What you can see at 1:33 of the video is definitely the bathroom door reflected in the mirror next to the TV. It's the mirror above the desk. You can also see the light switch of the bathroom. Having a light switch for the next room wouldn't make sense.

Exactly!

My eyes are going crazy trying to examine frame by frame on my phone. I give up. Can someone PLEASE post some pics of the connecting cabins. Pretty please. Not like anyone can change what has been built, but I would like to know for sure.

No problem, more info tomorrow.

Gitte:)

Now that I'm home, I looked at the video again on my computer. And at 2:57 you can see as he's in the bathroom that there is a door directly opposite of the bathroom door. It is closed all the way and can't be the exterior door as it's on the wrong wall. I am anxiously awaiting more pictures to confirm or deny my detective work. If I'm wrong, maybe I need to get a touch up on my Lasik surgery - it has been 10 years after all ;).

Here is another link to a longer video with a better view. Looks like the same cabin based on personal belongings.

Yep! Thank you! Now I can go to sleep knowing I'm not crazy!!! There is a connecting door on the inside. It is not merely a mirage as he jiggled the handle. Not sure if I'm going to like the door but now we know it exists. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

Thank you for all the first hand reports and photos. I haven't been following any news while the ship was being built, so did anyone read before or learn on this cruise WHY they decided to abandon a design that most cruisers liked? 4 out of 5 ships have a design that I thought was convenient and helped with noise control, and then a major change in cabin design and build for the last ship. There must have been very good reasons to do so and I can imagine a few, but did any X staff explain this change?

Archived