Family Cruise Stopping in GC - Where to go?

Shawnie_Boy

Hi.

Our family cruise (2 kids - aged 5 and 3) stops in Grand Cayman. Looking for something close to the port where we can swim in ocean and in a nice pool. Dont want to spend too much as we only have 3 hours or so.

Suggestions?

I heard Royal Palms is nice however their website indicates pool is just for adults - argh!

Please help, thanks!!!

Go to Sea Grape beach...no pool, but the water's calm and warm, and it's a quick bus ride ($2.50 pp) away...very easy. There are facilities there....chair/umbrella rentals, watersport rentals, bathrooms and a restaurant/bar.

There's no admission....the entire beach is public....but you will pay if you want chairs/umbrellas. The kids won't need loungers!

Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort

What You Get for Your Money: Pick up passes here for $12 per person, regardless of age. Included in the price are access to the resort's beach and pool, as well as chairs, towels and umbrellas. The price does not include a room, meals or drinks. Passes are available during low season only.

How to Get There: Hop on a bus, or grab a taxi for the 10-minute trip from Grand Cayman's cruise port.

For More Info: Visit Grand Cayman Marriott's Web site or call 345-949-0088.

Turtle Farm is too far away and not worth the price of admission for an hour. We just stayed at the Marriott and that's not a great option either - pool is small, and the beach is virtually nonexistent until they reclaim it. The Royal Palms is a 5 min walk from the hotel but as you said the pool is not an option for the kids.

I would agree with Margaritaville, the pool is fine and there is a waterslide, not sure of height/age requirements but check their site or e-mail them. Very close to where you tender in so you don't waste time getting a bus and getting to and from the public beach.

I would love to go into a pool with my kids - no? No one knows where we can go?? There must be somewhere cheap close by....

Grand Cayman is one of the more pricey ports. Really not much that can be considered cheap. I would also go to Sea Grape Beach, and just skip the pool idea.

Time and the desire to have access to both a pool and a beach, seems to be the primary issue, SGB or another beach spot is an option but they wouldn't have much time to relax. I still like travellover39's idea for Margaritaville, if kids are accepted. If not RP may relax their pool policy if no one else is using the pool. That pool is very often empty.

But unless someone can come up with another pool/beach option the OP is stuck choosing one or the other.

Archived