Maasdam vs Ryndam?

LuAnn

We have been on the Ryndam and loved the ship!! We have just booked a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Montreal on the Maasdam. It seems that the ships are very similar??? Is that true?? LuAnn

Almost identical. We love both and would cruise either one in a heartbeat. They're both built off the same design so other that slight differences in decor you'll not notice much of a difference.

We have sailed on both ships -- yes they are sister ships.

Only difference besides decor -- the Ryndam does not have any lanai cabins.

The Maasdam has the lanai cabins and if you walk on the Lower Promenade Deck, you ill see deck chairs in front of them that are reserved for the passengers staying in those cabins.

They are sister ships and both are wonderful.

If you enjoyed Ryndam, you will also enjoy Maasdam.

Maasdam is one of our two favorite ships and we have sailed her over 30 cruises. :)

She has a great crew!!!!

we have always cruised in balcony cabins...which we love because of the access to the outdoors...sea breeze etc.

Have any of you sailed in one of those cabins? What is that like? Are you at all concerned about the "traffic" outside your cabin? Interesting to hear that the lounge chairs are "reserved" for the cabin passengers right outside their cabin!! That sounds pretty neat!!! Guess I couldn't go out there at night in my PJs :eek:..but other than that might be a less expensive, interesting alternative to the balcony cabin...need to check...is there much difference in price?? Thanks for your help!!! LuAnn

If you like the Ryndam you will like the Maasdam because they are almost identical.

You ask about the Lanai cabins versa a balcony cabin. The size of the Lanai is smaller 181-256 versa a balcony at 283-292. Price wise you will pay less for the Lanai cabin versa the balcony. Don't quote me but about $300 difference in price per passenger for an 11 day cruise.

We finally got around to sailing the Maasdam last March;) Loved the ship and had a great time:) As to Lanai's - some people love them - myself I prefer my bigger room and a private balcony. Don't know if I would want people walking by me all the time either - but that's just me;)

Have a great cruise no matter what you settle on:) it's a great ship:)

We have been on the Ryndam and loved the ship!! We have just booked a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Montreal on the Maasdam. It seems that the ships are very similar??? Is that true?? LuAnn

If you are booked on the Maasdam cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on May 5, 2013, we will be aboard with you! We will be sailing on the Ryndam out of Tampa on Jan 27, 2013 as well. I recommend both ships, they have been our favorites since we started cruising.

We cruise three or four times a year, so we stick to the inside cabins, preferably the J cabins on the lower promenade deck. That means we are only a few steps from the laundromat and the biggest balcony on the ship. These cabins are pretty quiet, thands to the Rev. Neal for the tip.

Bon Voyage, hope to meet you aboard the beautiful and elegant Maasdam!:)

If you are booked on the Maasdam cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on May 5, 2013, we will be aboard with you! We will be sailing on the Ryndam out of Tampa on Jan 27, 2013 as well. I recommend both ships, they have been our favorites since we started cruising.

We cruise three or four times a year, so we stick to the inside cabins, preferably the J cabins on the lower promenade deck. That means we are only a few steps from the laundromat and the biggest balcony on the ship. These cabins are pretty quiet, thands to the Rev. Neal for the tip.

Bon Voyage, hope to meet you aboard the beautiful and elegant Maasdam!:)

We are also on that Jan.27th cruise out of Tampa. Same cabin location too. We've done that on Maasdam and really like it. With no lanai cabins on Ryndam, it will be easy to get a chaise on the deck. Have you signed up on the roll call yet?

Three of my first 4 HAL cruises were on the Maasdam, but that was 10+ years ago. I'm glad to see from the comments here that folks are still enjoying it as much as I did. After they introduced the Signature-size ships, the older S- and R-class moved to longer (and more $$) cruises, so I haven't been on one since. Maybe next year... ;)

sounds like we will love the Maasdam! And I think I'll keep my balcony cabin...do like to go out there at night and/or sunrise in my PJs...might not work on the "group balcony", right!!! :p LuAnn

Yeah, I would not go out there in my PJ's either. I have not sailed on the ms Ryndam, but I hope to one day. The ms Maasdam is and always be my favorite of the fleet. I hope that you love her too!

Yeah, I would not go out there in my PJ's either. I have not sailed on the ms Ryndam, but I hope to one day. The ms Maasdam is and always be my favorite of the fleet. I hope that you love her too!

It is just such a great cruise...with many new ports for us...we are excited!! Many new ports in the New England area...and being from So Cal...it will be just such a new adventure!!! Every night/sunrise I go out on that great balcony I'll think about how lucky I am!!! LuAnn

We're booked on our first HAL ship, the Ryndam, for next August. I'm happy to read all the positive comments.

Hope you enjoy the Statendam Class of ships ( "S" ships) as much as we do. Maasdam is one of our two favorite HAL ships and we have had some great cruises on Ryndam though it has been a while since we have sailed her.

Archived