Majesty - Wedding; bypass Cococay; left 11 in Nassau

Love CoCo Cay. I will be there on Sunday, hopefully. I missed twice due to wind, both Dec/Jan. Ive been many times in Oct. if you haven't been try again.

Oh BTW My DH and I almost missed the Jewel leaving out of Key West after Cozumel, once. DH forgot to set watch back. They waited one hour for us, sent Navy out for us. OOps...we had three unaccompanied minors on board, we took them back early, and a toddler with us. We were sitting for nearly an hour at the shuttle back to the Navy Pier...wonder why it never came back. We were docked at Navy Side.

Now we are always early!

I hope my record keeps up. I'm 2 for 2 at CocoCay - April and November, 2 for 2 at Labadee when it was tendered -May both times, 1 for 1 at Grand Cayman and Belize. We were 1 for 1 at Costa Maya after changing sides of the pier after first attempt failed the captain of Jewel told the Captain of the new Disney ship to grow a pair (his words) and dock at his assigned space.

I can guess that some of the passengers that missed the ship were still partying at Senor Frogs:cool: We were also on the Majesty this weekend and when we left Senor Frogs at 3:30 to head back there was still a huge crowd having a great time!

We also witnessed "the wedding" and couldn't believe they were having the ceremony in front of everyone at the Diamond event as the ship was leaving port. (Is that legal?!)

I have a question about the Diamond event in the Viking Crown lounge that you mentioned. We haven't been on an RCCL cruise in a year and a half and I'm wondering if this is something new on all ships. We have always spent sail away in the Viking Crown and usually had it to ourselves. We're scheduled for our next cruise on Navigator in January and I will be so bummed if we're no longer allowed up there. :(

Debbie

You will be allowed in the Viking Crown...the Diamond event is usually just a small section of the VCL...there will be a sign to announce which area is for the party...plenty of other seats to sit & watch sailaway...

and we knew we weren't going to make coc cay when we saw your ship pull in to nassau shortly after us. We actually sailed to coco cay on sunday, and sat there for an hour before the captain came on the pa and announced the seas were too rough to tender. Slowest cruise sea day in history - we made the 10 hour trip back to PC in just under 23 hours:D

the captain announced on Sunday that y'all didn't make it either.

I have a question about the Diamond event in the Viking Crown lounge that you mentioned. We haven't been on an RCCL cruise in a year and a half and I'm wondering if this is something new on all ships. We have always spent sail away in the Viking Crown and usually had it to ourselves. We're scheduled for our next cruise on Navigator in January and I will be so bummed if we're no longer allowed up there. :(

Debbie

No its nothing new. If there is no dedicated diamond lounge, a section of the Viking is corded off. I've expereinced this on the Jewel since making Diamond also and believe it the norm on the smaller ships. For the Majesty, they corded off a small section in the center, overlooking the pool area, both sides of the dance floor. The rest is open to the regular mopes:D. kidding. Actually, there were a few groups that had special areas set aside for them. But the public were able to find spots as well but they were definetly chased from the D area when 5 pm. came around. The waiter checked our seapass everyday as well which we didn't experience on the Jewel. I can also say that often in December on the Freedom class, I've seen them take over the Viking Crown (not sure if that is the name on those ships or is it Oliver twist....whichever, for the D event b/c the D lounge was too small for the crowd.

Thanks for responding to my question about the Viking Crown! I'm a happy girl:) Our last cruise was on Princess out of NYC and when we went to the lounge up top it was only for high status cruisers. When we asked where else we could watch sail away (wanted to see the Statue of Liberty and Verrazano Narrows bridge) we were told "outside on deck"...in the pouring rain. Hope RCCL doesn't change this!

Debbie

Archived