Early Saver Name Change

CollegeCruizer11

I booked a cruise with someone who is no longer going. I believe I can take their name off the booking and transfer it to another person for a $50 dollar fee. I booked using the Early Saver rate.

If that is accurate, is there a deadline to do this by like final payment? I am positive that the person I booked with will not be going, but I am not sure who will take their place yet.

I booked a cruise with someone who is no longer going. I believe I can take their name off the booking and transfer it to another person for a $50 dollar fee. I booked using the Early Saver rate.

If that is accurate, is there a deadline to do this by like final payment? I am positive that the person I booked with will not be going, but I am not sure who will take their place yet.

Name changes aren't allowed on Early Saver fares. You'll have to cancel that booking and re-book with the new person in the cabin. The deposits you and your current cabin-mate have paid will be held by Carnival for 2 years (minus a $50 fee). You can use your portion as the deposit on the new booking. You and your new cabin-mate will be booked at the current rate.

You can get the remainder ($200) of the other PAX's deposit credited to be held up to 2 years in your name if you actually paid their deposit on your credit card. That amount is non-refundable and is held towards next cruise within 2 years.

You can also re-book the other person but just not put a name with it. You have to give Carnival their name when final payment is due. We use to do this with our daughter who would want to bring a friend but not sure who when we booked. We would pay dep. & just not put a name until later. That works out nice when you are unsure who you are taking. That way you don't lose anything or have to repay dep.

You only have to cancel their booking and then rebook. There should be no reason to cancel your own booking....is there?

Since it's the same booking, I think the entire original booking needs to be cancelled, and then you re-book at whatever the rate is currently. Possibly you can cancel one person off the booking, but I don't know about that. Probably best to call Carnival or your TA to work out the details.

You would be doing a partial cancellation NOT a full cancellation. You can cancel just 1 person and re-book a second person. The person being cancelled would receive a future cruise credit of their deposit less $50.

For the new person being booked a new deposit will have to be made.

The rate used *should* be the same rate as the original booking and not the current rate.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/240909/1253100.aspx

Early Saver Guidelines

· Early Saver bookings can be made in USD currency only.

· A non-refundable/non-transferable per person deposit is required at the time of booking. If the booking is changed to a different duration after initially being made, the non-refundable deposit will always equal that of the longest sailing for the life of that Early Saver booking.

· The deposit amounts, payment terms and deadlines and cancellation terms are the same as the standard policies; however, Early Saver reservations require a non-refundable deposit per person.

· 3rd/4th/5th guest deposits will auto-adjust if the cruise rate plus non-commissionable fees are lower than the sailing duration required deposit.

· Check payment may be called in for deposit; payment must be received in house within 24 hours or the booking will cancel.

· This is a restricted farecode program and because of the restrictions, it is automatically within penalty once deposited

· A $50 per person/per change service fee is applicable to all guests (including 3rd/4th/5th) outside standard penalty for ship and/or sail date changes.

· Once the Early Saver fare code (PEB) is applied to a booking, the Early Saver guidelines go into effect. The Early Saver restrictions apply even if the fare code is changed to a non-Early Saver promotion prior to taking payment. This also applies when you make the change on the same phone call. You must ensure that you book the guests using the correct fare code at the time of booking to avoid the unnecessary waiving of penalties.

· Changes made after the final payment date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

· Names

§ Full names are required at time of booking

§ TBA names are not permitted

§ Name changes are considered to be a partial cancellation

§ Name corrections of 3+ letters (with the same date of birth) are subject to a service fee of $50 per person

§ Prizewinner bookings cannot be booked under this program

· For bookings that are made as single-occupancy that later request to add additional guests, the new 2nd guest will be added at the same rate as the 1st guest; the new 3rd/4th/5th guests will be subject to the prevailing rates on the sailing.

· Downgrading an Early Saver booking outside of standard penalty. Early Saver guidelines require that any changes to a booking remain within the same category booked. Exceptions will be made only in the following cases:

§ Adding new guests to the cabin, but there is no availability in the same category to accommodate the increased occupancy. In all cases, we should try to sell up to the next available category; however, if guests insist and a lower category has the occupancy needed, then we agree to make the exception.

§ An existing booking now wants to bring children/friends in another cabin close by. We need to attempt to sell up but if necessary we should accommodate in a lower category.

· Travel Agent commission is based on the final cruise fare; in the event that the cruise fare is lowered as part of the Early Saver price protection, the travel agency commission will be recalculated based on the lower cruise fare.

· FIT bookings made under the Early Saver promotion cannot be transferred to a group reservation regardless of the number of staterooms booked

You only have to cancel their booking and then rebook. There should be no reason to cancel your own booking....is there?

If you are booked in the same cabin, all passengers in the cabin has to be ES.

We very carefully checked this point when we were booking three of us in a cabin and were considering ES. Because it was iffy if the third person could go, we asked if we could book two passengers ES and the third a refundable category rate in case of cancellation. The answer was no.

What just happened to me (just in August) was that they charged me an additional $50 to change the name and they took the $300 deposit on that reservation and gave me a $300 credit to be used towards a future booking within the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What they are saying is the whole deposit for the cancelled pax is nonrefundable. If you paid it for them, there is a form where you can get the credit.. but it cant be used for this cruise.

The deposit minus the $50 fee of the cancelled pax will be held up to 2 years

you cant change one pax for another is the basic problem.. I ran into it when my sister got married.. I went solo and she was a no show.

what we did...

wait to cancel that peron.

book the other person as the third rate passenger.

wait a few'days for final payment then cancel the first person

they lose'50 bucks and 200 is held for the next cruise

If you are booked in the same cabin, all passengers in the cabin has to be ES.

We very carefully checked this point when we were booking three of us in a cabin and were considering ES. Because it was iffy if the third person could go, we asked if we could book two passengers ES and the third a refundable category rate in case of cancellation. The answer was no.

This is absolutely untrue.. whoever told you this just was uninformed.

I booked three of us into a cabin.. pax 1 and 2 were ES, and we booked #3 as a past guest so he could cancel if he wanted to... he did cancel and we got all his deposit back.

I guess again it just shows I have a superior PVP .. because she booked us with both rates in the same cabin.

it really is sad when someone posts something that they were told bad info because they asked someone who was either too lazy to look it up ..or incompetent.

You can get the remainder ($200) of the other PAX's deposit credited to be held up to 2 years in your name if you actually paid their deposit on your credit card. That amount is non-refundable and is held towards next cruise within 2 years.

I just emailed my PVP with this. I have a booking last March 2011 that I paid for my daughters boyfriend and we canceled him. ... Can't hurt to check. I would have to book ASAP to get the credit..

There is some good advice in this thread, some not so good. I've had friends in a similar situation, and I've dealt with possibilities similar as well.

It's true that name changes are not allowed with ES. No getting around it. You will need to cancel the one that is not going, but there is definitely no need to cancel yourself. That's just putting an extra unnecessary penalty on you. The deposit of the cancelled person (minus a $50 fee) is held for 2 years to be used on a future cruise for whomever paid the deposit. You might need to fill out a form to get that credit for yourself if you paid it. I advised friends who were in a very similar situation. One person was cancelled, the other was still going, & the one going did not have to cancel & rebook. In fact, they were able to move that person into one of their rooms that had an extra bed in it. So the one booking disappeared, and that room was vacated, but they didn't have to cancel & rebook that person who was still going.

Also, absolutely do not wait until after final payment to cancel the person who is not going. If you do that, the entire deposit is gone. After the final payment date, normal penalties apply. And the smallest penalty is the entire deposit amount. No getting any of it back, no applying any of it to a future cruise.

Since you don't know who will take the place yet, don't worry too much about it yet. Just get the other person cancelled before final payment. I wasn't aware that you were allowed to book someone "to be named later" under Early Saver. But if I'm understanding you correctly, cancelling this person will take you down to 1 person in the cabin. The cruise fare will not change, since 1 person has to pay as if there were 2 people, but the gov't taxes & fees for 1 will be removed. Because you're paying double, whenever you add in the 2nd, the only thing that gets added is that 2nd person's gov't taxes & fees. They do not have to pay the going rate (for the cruise fare) at the time you add them. They used to, but not anymore. That gives you plenty of time to wait and add in whomever whenever they're ready. If you had 3 in the cabin, and will be down to 2, then you might want to try to hurry the process, because the 3rd person will have to pay the going rate at the time you add them.

What they are saying is the whole deposit for the cancelled pax is nonrefundable. If you paid it for them, there is a form where you can get the credit.. but it cant be used for this cruise.

The deposit minus the $50 fee of the cancelled pax will be held up to 2 years

you cant change one pax for another is the basic problem.. I ran into it when my sister got married.. I went solo and she was a no show.

Thank you. I makes sense when you put it that way. I did pay for the cruise on my credit card. But going on another cruise in the next two years probably won't be possible. So i guess at this point I can go alone... or just suffer thru the cruise with the other person originally booked. :confused:

Thank you. I makes sense when you put it that way. I did pay for the cruise on my credit card. But going on another cruise in the next two years probably won't be possible. So i guess at this point I can go alone... or just suffer thru the cruise with the other person originally booked. :confused:

If there is a possibility that the other person CAN go but you just don't want to go together, can you move the one person out of that cabin? Then if both of you get someone else to be in your respective cabins, I don't think anyone would have to cancel or pay more.????

It may be ackward, depending on the circumstance because you potentially could run into them on the ship. But it might be better than being forced to stay in the same room!

There was a thread on here recently about someone going on a cruise with their ex-boyfriend/girlfriend because they couldn't cancel. Maybe search for that thread and read it to get ideas.

Maggie

If there is a possibility that the other person CAN go but you just don't want to go together, can you move the one person out of that cabin? Then if both of you get someone else to be in your respective cabins, I don't think anyone would have to cancel or pay more.????

It may be ackward, depending on the circumstance because you potentially could run into them on the ship. But it might be better than being forced to stay in the same room!

There was a thread on here recently about someone going on a cruise with their ex-boyfriend/girlfriend because they couldn't cancel. Maybe search for that thread and read it to get ideas.

Maggie

OP is booked ES which does not allow you to change pax in the cabin. Maybe if they booked a completely different cabin for 2 and then switched once onboard.. but you cant just change pax for $50 with ES .. unlike almost every other rate. Its one of the drawbacks of that rate.

Financially, it is in your best interest to find a 2nd passenger before final payment.....

If you leave that person's name on the reservation, you are going to have to pay the full cabin amount yourself at final payment date if you have not found someone by then. If you remove the 2nd passenger's name altogether and you are the only one listed on the reservation, the rate changes from double occupancy to single occupancy. Remember cruise fares are based on double occupancy / priced out for 2 people in the cabin. Single occupancy rate is 200% /double the cruise fare. So for example if your cruise fare based on double occ is $499pp + taxes, the single occupancy rate is going to be $998.00 + taxes. Either way Carnival is going to get their full cabin price.

If you have the money to pay for the full cabin price upfront with the hopes to find a 2nd passenger, you can do that. Once you find someone they either pay you directly for their share of the cabin or they can pay CCL and you can ask CCL to refund your portion back to your card.

Wow, this is more confusing and convoluted than the Internal Revenue Code! :confused:

This won't help the OP, sadly, but a good suggestion when considering booking ES and there is a possibility that your second person can't make it or might change, is to book ES as a solo cruiser and then, when you're sure your companion can come along, call CCL and tell them. I did this on my last cruise, since we weren't sure if my sister could come until later, and the only additional cost when we added her was the second individual's taxes and port-fees.

If she hadn't been able to make it I might have had to cruise solo (and more expensively)....but there are worse 'punishments' out there. :)

Wow, this is more confusing and convoluted than the Internal Revenue Code! :confused:

This won't help the OP, sadly, but a good suggestion when considering booking ES and there is a possibility that your second person can't make it or might change, is to book ES as a solo cruiser and then, when you're sure your companion can come along, call CCL and tell them. I did this on my last cruise, since we weren't sure if my sister could come until later, and the only additional cost when we added her was the second individual's taxes and port-fees.

If she hadn't been able to make it I might have had to cruise solo (and more expensively)....but there are worse 'punishments' out there. :)

Thanks. This would have been very helpful. If only I could have predicted the future and know that my boyfriend of four years would cheat on me. :eek:

Seems the easiest thing is to hope by March I can stand to be around him for seven days. Worst case I'll just get away from the Michigan winter on my own.

Thanks. This would have been very helpful. If only I could have predicted the future and know that my boyfriend of four years would cheat on me. :eek:

Seems the easiest thing is to hope by March I can stand to be around him for seven days. Worst case I'll just get away from the Michigan winter on my own.

I was thinking along the same lines.. if people KNEW ahead of time the other person MIGHT not go... they would not have booked ES, duh. I booked as far out as 2 years almost .. and my sister was not even dating.. I had her on 8 bookings.. who knew she would get married two months after they annouced they decided to date. No way of predicting this, thats for sure.

I will never book ES way far out again, not me. People love it .. until life happens.

Don't mean to meddle in your personal affairs, but.... seven days with a cheater? Do you really want to spend your cruise feeling all that resentment?

OP, cancel his behind and look for someone fun to cruise with!

Don't mean to meddle in your personal affairs, but.... seven days with a cheater? Do you really want to spend your cruise feeling all that resentment?

OP, cancel his behind and look for someone fun to cruise with!

I would tell him I cancelled him .. but then just go solo with him as a no show.

Why cancel him and pay a penalty? .. just go and enjoy the cruise and do what you want for a week.

If you add a 3rd person to the room, its a lot cheaper. If you find someone else to go, then tell Carnival its a 3rd person. Have the person actually going pay the full 2nd person rate, then you will only be out the price of the 3rd person and have a companion on the cruise! :D

Archived