Double days for solos?

silvercruiser

Princess gives me credit for double days now that I'm traveling solo, even though I'm already Elite and don't really need the days. Does HAL do the same thing? I'm 68 days short of 4 star Mariner status and it'd be great to think I could move up there a bit faster.

On many of their cruises if you book an inside or outside you pay between140-160 percent. On the most popular cruises, or in a balcony or above you will have to pay 200 percent. I can see if you are paying 200% wanting and getting double, but they don't.

HAL is very good to solos.

I had no idea that some lines give you double days when you travel solo. I sooooo wish HAL would do that. I just made two star Mariner and have a ways to go. 34 days for my next cruise instead of 17 would be quite lovely. :D

Oh well, I can dream.

I am just happy to be cruising.

On many of their cruises if you book an inside or outside you pay between140-160 percent. On the most popular cruises, or in a balcony or above you will have to pay 200 percent. I can see if you are paying 200% wanting and getting double, but they don't.

HAL is very good to solos.[/quote]

huh? how is charging double, but getting the benefits of one being good to solos?

i have often thought of want two seats at the dining table and ordering two of everything when i pay for two. i don't, of course.

I have cruised solo on HA twice. Although the price was high, never did I have to pay double. Never got double sail days, but why should I? It was only me. I have however, because of the money that I spent onboard, got extra on that.

Then you shouldn't complain if you didn't pay double. If you do pay double it would be nice to get double points. If a couple went and paid the same price they would get double points between the 2 of them.

I have however, because of the money that I spent onboard, got extra on that.

While couples get "double extra" for spending.

For every $300 a couple spends, HAL awards 2 bonus days---one for each of them. For every $300 a solo spends, one bonus day. :rolleyes:

I don't know why someone would think HAL treats solos well. As someone who sails solo on a regular basis, I don't see it.

It was all right with me when there was a surcharge of 50%, but now I pay double for every cruise I look at.

Even the rate on a single share has been increased well beyond the per person/double occupancy rate.

I understand it from a business point of view, so please don't explain that again, but it is far from being treated "well".

For every $300 a couple spends, HAL awards 2 bonus days---one for each of them. For every $300 a solo spends, one bonus day. :rolleyes:

I don't know why someone would think HAL treats solos well. As someone who sails solo on a regular basis, I don't see it.

It was all right with me when there was a surcharge of 50%, but now I pay double for every cruise I look at.

Even the rate on a single share has been increased well beyond the per person/double occupancy rate.

I understand it from a business point of view, so please don't explain that again, but it is far from being treated "well".

Hear, hear, Ruth. I'm in the same singles boat with you - pardon the pun. :)

Well said!!1

Then you shouldn't complain if you didn't pay double. If you do pay double it would be nice to get double points. If a couple went and paid the same price they would get double points between the 2 of them.

No where in my post was I complaining...

I am totally with you on this one. Of course, I understand the company is making less money when there's only 1 person in a stateroom, but I feel there's something they could do back in return in matter of bonus days on the spended amount on board.

while couples get "double extra" for spending.

for every $300 a couple spends, hal awards 2 bonus days---one for each of them. For every $300 a solo spends, one bonus day. :rolleyes:

i don't know why someone would think hal treats solos well. As someone who sails solo on a regular basis, i don't see it.

it was all right with me when there was a surcharge of 50%, but now i pay double for every cruise i look at.

even the rate on a single share has been increased well beyond the per person/double occupancy rate.

i understand it from a business point of view, so please don't explain that again, but it is far from being treated "well".

Well said!

I'm not getting the 'double days for solos' on Princess. Princess give a solo cruise double cruise credits, but not double days. Princess computes their loyalty levels by cruise credits or by days. EM

OK, double cruise credits then. Doesn't it amount to the same thing? I take longer cruises so maybe I don't notice. I'm not a "work the system" type of person so I could be wrong. I just know that I have better benefits than I would if they didn't count double. That just started a few years ago.

I've paid double on both HAL and Princess (I've heard and read that on some sailings the charge is 130-150%, but apparently not the ones I've booked).

I get double cruise credits on Princess, not double cruise days (for example on a 7-day cruise sailing solo, I would get credited for two cruises, but only 7 days), so on Princess, the number of cruises (or cruise credits) is more important to me.

On HAL, I get extra days for the amount I've spent on board, so the cruise days become more important. Unfortunately, I don't get anything "extra" for paying double. Would be nice if they could at least provide the extra cruise days for the "second fare" I paid.

I do think that the various loyalty programs could be better, but it is what it is. I cruise because I love cruising, and not just to rack up credits or days (still, it would be nice if it were more equitable to solos who do pay double).

I just canceled a HAL cruise. I booked it ages ago and the prices were not going down. I saw that I could get an E cabin with 2 people for the same price I was paying for 1. That and the fact that the Ryndam is old and is only going in dry dock for 7 days led me to cancel (with some pretty bad reviews lately.) I am going on NCL and may regret, but at least the ship is a lot newer, the itinerary is just as good and I am paying less than half.

I have been loyal to HAL and didn't mind paying the 50% to 60% up but when the price goes to double, I just think that is too much. Check it out ... HAL sailing April 23rd Barcelona to Dover 11 days E cabin ... that is why I quit going on Celebrity .. their high cost for a single traveler.

I just canceled a HAL cruise. I booked it ages ago and the prices were not going down. I saw that I could get an E cabin with 2 people for the same price I was paying for 1. That and the fact that the Ryndam is old and is only going in dry dock for 7 days led me to cancel (with some pretty bad reviews lately.) I am going on NCL and may regret, but at least the ship is a lot newer, the itinerary is just as good and I am paying less than half.

I have been loyal to HAL and didn't mind paying the 50% to 60% up but when the price goes to double, I just think that is too much. Check it out ... HAL sailing April 23rd Barcelona to Dover 11 days E cabin ... that is why I quit going on Celebrity .. their high cost for a single traveler.

I don`t blame you. I hope you`ll come back and tell us how you liked NCL.

Archived