Parking in Fort Lauderdale

bay guy

If you don't mind your car being left out in the south Florida elements for 7 days parked on the ground, go for park n go. I personally like my car being covered and not directly in the elements. In addition the lot in the port has a much better security set up in my opinion. Nothing is completely secure and I know that better than most but entry into the port is monitored 24/7. In regards to towing, almost every car that is parked in their facility is parked for 4 to 8 days or longer. They don't just go in and start towing cars, they would be out of business pretty quickly if they did that. You do have a choice and I think that is good, weigh your options and balance that with your needs and preferences and make your decision. In the end I hope you have a good vacation.

If you are traveling a good distance, I would stay at a hotel like Roadway inn on old 84(before 595) near the port, and they give you 10 days free parking and shuttles to the cruise port and back, I think they have 4 or 5 shuttles. I'm considering doing this for our cruise in December. PS they have been advertising in the local The Villages Fl area for a few weeks.

We just returned from the Oasis last Saturday and stayed at the Hyatt Place on SE 10th Ave... right around the corner from the Embassy Suites. They had a stay and cruise package for $154 which included parking for the duration of your cruise. Nice hotel, free breakfast and free shuttle to/from cruise port.

We just used Park N Go a few weeks ago and it was awesome ! I had always parked at the port on past cruises, but decided to give this a try since I had read such good reviews.

We paid 5.99 a day online ahead of time, and when we arrived at the lot, we were great by friendly professional staff. We parked and never had to touch our luggage once ! We were immediately taken to the port and dropped off at the door and the driver personally gave our luggage to the porter. It was so smooth.

When we returned, they were there literally within one minute of us stepping out of the terminal, took our luggage, and we were in our vehicle within 10 minutes, again never touching our luggage.

When we went through the gate to leave, the gate keeper handed us each and ice cold bottle of water for the drive home.

The staff were all professional, clean, and the lot was in great shape. I will use them again in a heartbeat.

Was a great experience !

I think we are going to try Park n Go in Dec for Liberty. We did Luxury for Oasis, but they charge $3 extra per day if you have an SUV which I was not thrilled about. So since we are not driving over the night before and doing a Park/Sleep/Cruise, we will do Park n Go.

We just used Park N Go a few weeks ago and it was awesome ! I had always parked at the port on past cruises, but decided to give this a try since I had read such good reviews.

We paid 5.99 a day online ahead of time, and when we arrived at the lot, we were great by friendly professional staff. We parked and never had to touch our luggage once ! We were immediately taken to the port and dropped off at the door and the driver personally gave our luggage to the porter. It was so smooth.

When we returned, they were there literally within one minute of us stepping out of the terminal, took our luggage, and we were in our vehicle within 10 minutes, again never touching our luggage.

When we went through the gate to leave, the gate keeper handed us each and ice cold bottle of water for the drive home.

The staff were all professional, clean, and the lot was in great shape. I will use them again in a heartbeat.

Was a great experience !

If I was able to drive up to the port the service this provides sounds exceptional.

I've been trying to answer the same question. It looks like it's $15.00 a day but I'm not sure how long they will leave it before they tow it. I think we are going to leave the car here:

Why on earth would a cruise parking lot tow your car?

I think we are going to try Park n Go in Dec for Liberty. We did Luxury for Oasis, but they charge $3 extra per day if you have an SUV which I was not thrilled about. So since we are not driving over the night before and doing a Park/Sleep/Cruise, we will do Park n Go.

Other than the extra cost for SUV, how would you rate Luxury's service. Although the cost to park there is great, I've read so many bad reviews so we're going with parkngo. We generally park at parkngo when flying or cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale. Of the many times we parked there, we had one bad incident which was basically misinformation from a representative over the phone. We complained to the manager who ended up giving us 2 free days of parking. I highly recommend Parkngo, however, I'm curious about Luxury parking.

Was a great experience !

Sounds like you had a great experience, but I wonder if its typical. I am planning on spending the $15 per day because I can just walk to my car at the end of the cruise.

You caught a shuttle back to their lot easily, but what if you are in a crowd of 50 people all wanting to go back to the parking lot - you could wait a while for their shuttle, and then you would be crammed with everyone else and their luggage.

And, you also mentioned they took your luggage? Didn't you drop off your luggage at the porters first, and THEN go to park?

Sounds like you had a great experience, but I wonder if its typical. I am planning on spending the $15 per day because I can just walk to my car at the end of the cruise.

You caught a shuttle back to their lot easily, but what if you are in a crowd of 50 people all wanting to go back to the parking lot - you could wait a while for their shuttle, and then you would be crammed with everyone else and their luggage.

And, you also mentioned they took your luggage? Didn't you drop off your luggage at the porters first, and THEN go to park?

We have used ParknGo 3 times and have had the same great service as sdear posted all 3 times. You drive to them first and they load your luggage into their shuttle, drive you to the port and unload your luggage at the porter area. Great place!!!

:(This is exactly what happened to us in Tampa! Getting to the port was great, but we waited in line in the heat almost 2 hours to get back to our car after the cruise. They had 1 mini van for all the people who parked in their lot. I will never do it again.

We have gone out of Ft. Lauderdale 4 times. The first time, we parked at the cruise terminal for $15 per day. This was on a 7 nt cruise, so it was not that costly. When we got to the pier, the lot was about 3/4 full, but during the day, it became less full as passengers left from the prior cruise. So I suppose it depends on what time of day you arrive as to how close you can park to the front of the lot.

Since then, we have stayed at

the Hampton Inn in Plantation, Fl - about 6mi from the terminal. They do shuttle you back and forth, and if you book through http://www.stay123.com, it is free. Otherwise, it is $30 or so.

The nice thing about the Plantation Hampton is you can park up to 30 days free, and free shuttle to and from the port. True, there is no security fence or padlocked area, so it is basically in the hotel parking lot. But we seem to take extended cruises (10-14nt) from Ft. Lauderdale, so it is cheapest in the long run. It does take about 45 minutes via shuttle to get to/back from the port, as it is not exactly next door, but for longer cruises, it is my choice.

There are several other hotels that have cruise packages as well:

http://www.stay123.com/cruisehotels.php

Some hotels only offer free parking for 7nts, but most of the time you can add days for an additional charge. And some hotels only drop off (you have to cab it back), and some hotels charge a small fee per person to shuttle you to the terminal.

One note: The second time we went out of Pier 18 - where the Allure and Oasis berth - we were on the Jewel for a 11nt cruise, and left on a Monday. The parking lot at Pier 18 was full, with a sign and barrier across it. I am not sure how often this happens, and when it does, they will usually have you park in one of the other locations at the port, and they do have shuttles going to the ships from the parking lots.

Have been out of mostly all ports on the southern east coast and now use the on site port garages. Have been in long lines waiting for shuttle after debarkation as everyone wants to go back in the same hour in comparison to the 3 to 4 hours of embarkation. Park in go in port Canaveral this last summer was the subject of a three day news special on the Orlando TV area. They left a corvette at the off site location and within 30 minutes of the family leaving( who were news employees) the owner of the lot was followed using the corvette, went to his residence , put some packages in the car, made a few more stops then returned to the lot about 3 hours later. When approached at the lot later he denied it until video was showned. They closed later .:):):)

We have done it both ways and believe me, Park N Go was much easier than parking at the port. There is no need to drop off the luggage first particularly since the lot is just before the entrance to the port and the van driver comes to your parking spot and loads the luggage. It was less than 10 minutes from the time we entered the lot till we were being dropped off at the port. Oh, and we were given a copy of USA Today.

I am sure there might be some days that people have to wait upon their return but our driver did not wait for a full van...we were taken back to our car quickly directly from the curb outside luggage claim. Easy Peasy and that nice cold bottle of water for each of us was a nice touch.

Those garages at the port are a madhouse at times and if you need the elevator because of all the luggage...good luck.

• 2 months later...

Someone told us about 3dollarairportparking in Ft Lauderdale. We went to their website where they also have cruise parking so we signed up, we were quoted $60 for our 11 night cruise (a special for first time users and you needed to pay in cash, no credit cards or checks) and we had that price listed in the e-mail they sent us. DO NOT USE THEM!!! When we got to the address we were told that price was for the airport parking. I had it in writing from them that it was for cruise parking. They would not honor their quote and we had to pay $95.40 for the parking. We were also told that we were there too early because we would not even be able to board the ship until later in the afternoon. We have cruised alot and have always arrived about 11:30 to board with no problems. We had to asit obver 45 minutes before they drove us to the port. I will never use this place again and I am certainly going to spread the word via the internet.

We have used Park N Fly a number of times; and, we have always been pleased. We always take our keys and our vehicle is locked, which is important to us because we always carry a defensive weapon. I have heard, that Park N Go may require you to submit to valet parking. However, I cannot confirm the aforesaid from our personal experiences since we have never used this facility.

• 2 weeks later...

we are thinking of using Park n Go for the first time. we are going Nov/Dec 2013. They are quoting $8.99 per day for that time. Which is fine, but it won't let me reserve? Is it too early to reserve? Also, do I have to prepay to get that price? I was hoping to not prepay just in case we cancel our trip. Do they refund? I just don't know how this works. We usually rent a car down then rent a car home (we live in tampa bay area, just 3-4 hours to port everglades) However the rentals are very expensive now.

Archived