Sea View Cafe on Brilliance of the Seas

Does anyone know what the hours are for the Sea View Cafe on the Brilliance? Are they open for lunch?

If they are similar to the hours on Jewel, the Seaview is open at lunchtime on sea days but opens around 2:30 pm when the ship is in port. It is also open during the evening until around 11:00 or so. The menu on Brilliance features pasta and panini which is quite different from the menu on Jewel and Serenade Brilliance will be going in for revitalization next May, so if you are sailing after that happens, the question will be moot since Seaview Cafe is due to be replaced by a Samba Grill.

If they are similar to the hours on Jewel, the Seaview is open at lunchtime on sea days but opens around 2:30 pm when the ship is in port. It is also open during the evening until around 11:00 or so. The menu on Brilliance features pasta and panini which is quite different from the menu on Jewel and Serenade Brilliance will be going in for revitalization next May, so if you are sailing after that happens, the question will be moot since Seaview Cafe is due to be replaced by a Samba Grill.

Not that it makes much difference, but it might be Izumi that is going into the Seaview space.

Thanks for the responses. I am sailing on Brilliance in 2 weeks. I have enjoyed the Sea View Cafe on Serenade but that was in the evening. I had never had lunch there but I will try it on the Brilliance.

This was the menu when Brilliance was in Europe. I predict it will change after she gets to the Caribbean.

You are always on top of the (Royal Caribbean) game:D they should make the CC ambassador for Royal Caribbean:p

Patti (cruisenfever) is really the CC ambassador, but lucky for her, she's cruising now.

This was the menu when Brilliance was in Europe. I predict it will change after she gets to the Caribbean.

Time will tell, but since Brilliance is so close to being revitalized and the Seaview Cafe will be no more, they have little incentive to change the menu now. She has been sailing out of Quebec City for some weeks now and if a change has been made, I have yet to see anything to that effect. By the time she begins sailing in the Caribbean there will only be a few months before her drydock.

Patti (cruisenfever) is really the CC ambassador, but lucky for her, she's cruising now.

And I believe she is on Brilliance right now and I, for one am waiting for her up to date and current information !!!:D

Oh you are too kind. We all help each other.;)

And I believe she is on Brilliance right now and I, for one am waiting for her up to date and current information !!!:D

We are currently in Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island and it is raining. Yes, we are on Brilliance.

I hope this is what I was supposed to find out for you.......the SeaView Cafe.:o It is still offering the same menu as it did while cruising in Europe. Pizzas, Pasta and Paninni's.

We tried it once and it was just OK. I still have to ask the Hotel Director if they will be changing the menus once they head south towards the Caribbean.

We are currently in Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island and it is raining.

I hope this is what I was supposed to find out for you.......the SeaView Cafe.:o It is still offering the same menu as it did while cruising in Europe. Pizzas, Pasta and Paninni's.

We tried it once and it was just OK. I still have to ask the Hotel Director if they will be changing the menus once they head south towards the Caribbean.

Hope your cruise is going well, and your weather clears.

Bob

We are currently in Charlottetown on Prince Edward Island and it is raining. Yes, we are on Brilliance.

Have a great time and will bother you with questions when you get back!!! ;)

Sorry about the rain.:(

Yes, if and any changes you happen hear of when she hits the Caribbean would be great info.

Thanks Patti. Wish the weather in Charlottetown were better for you, but things are clearing and warmer south of you, so perhaps you will see some improvement in the final days of your cruise.

We will all be interested to hear what the hotel director has to say, but I seriously doubt that they are going to make a menu change for the few months that she will be in the Caribbean prior to her revitalization after which, by all accounts, the Seaview will be no more.

Patti - sorry about the bad weather, I hope it gets better for you soon. We'll be on Brilliance next March. I was really hoping for the menu change in the Seaview café once she got to the Caribbean. I'm not a big fan of the current menu but I loved the offerings on Serenade the last two years.

We will all be interested to hear what the hotel director has to say, but I seriously doubt that they are going to make a menu change for the few months that she will be in the Caribbean prior to her revitalization after which, by all accounts, the Seaview will be no more.

I sure hope you are wrong. A menu change should be a simple changing of what food is ordered for the Seaview, right? So I don't see why the revitalization would make it a factor of what food can be served there until then. But then again, I don't run things, just vacation with them so who knows!:)

I sure hope you are wrong. A menu change should be a simple changing of what food is ordered for the Seaview, right? So I don't see why the revitalization would make it a factor of what food can be served there until then. But then again, I don't run things, just vacation with them so who knows!:)

We are back in Charlottetown today with absolutely gorgeous weather so thought I would post what I have learned.

Erik, the current Hotel Director said that the SeaView Menu will remain the same until the ship enters drydock in April. So, that means that it will be Pizza, Pasta and Pannini's while in the Caribbean. I sat next to Erik at the Top Tier Luncheon on Sunday and specifically asked him and this is what he told me.

The new Hotel Director, Francois Wache, is supposed to board today in Charlottetown and Erik is going home when we get to Sydney. I will try to get additional specifics from Francois. Maybe he has other plans.

Actually when a similar change was made on the Jewel in a brief experiment to make it into a Seafood Shack (or some such entity) they had to replace all the signage to reflect the new menu. When they wisely decided to return to the Seaview menu, one of the dining room managers related the difficulties that they had locating the old signage which had been displaced. So it is probably much more of a problem and expense than it is worth. If they were going to change the menu, it would have made more sense to do so when they began sailing out of Quebec in September.

We are back in Charlottetown today with absolutely gorgeous weather so thought I would post what I have learned.

Erik, the current Hotel Director said that the SeaView Menu will remain the same until the ship enters drydock in April. So, that means that it will be Pizza, Pasta and Pannini's while in the Caribbean. I sat next to Erik at the Top Tier Luncheon on Sunday and specifically asked him and this is what he told me.

Thanks for taking the time to fill all of us in who are counting the days until we step on Brilliance.!!

I am going to miss those onion rings!!!:(

Have fun!!! But I bet I don't have to tell you that!!!;)

The new Hotel Director, Francois Wache, is supposed to board today in Charlottetown and Erik is going home when we get to Sydney. I will try to get additional specifics from Francois. Maybe he has other plans.

Thank you for the update, I'll be trying a panini in March then!

We have just returned home from our Brilliance cruises and I am happy to report that they have changed the menu at the SeaView Cafe effective today November 2.:)

Complete menu was not available but it sounds like the new offerings will be more in line with what is currently being offered on Jewel and Serenade.

Archived