Survival bags

karabear15

On Caribbean Princess or Grand Princess? Oh my gosh!! We are from NW suburbs too, where from?? We are mchenry area.

We are from Des Plaines right near O'Hare! We are on the Grand. Are you driving straight thru or stopping and what hotel are you staying at when you arrive in florida. I was thinking about staying somewhere around Ft. Pierce and driving down early Saturday morning. I think the hotels would be cheaper than staying in Ft. Lauderdale and it would break up that long friday drive.

We were just in Wonder Lake yesterday cleaning up my mom's yard. She is trying to rent her house since she moved to des plaines.

Are there any other websites other than oriental trading that would have things like this?

Playing cards...yes, that's a definite.

I should probably say age range too...late 20's late 40's and 60

I've used Vistaprint before. They have all kinds of stationary, keyrings(aka luggage tags), notebooks, hats, and bags that you can personalize with names, pictures or logos.

It's lots of fun. I've even printed things to give to stewards and crew members on our cruises.

We are from Des Plaines right near O'Hare! We are on the Grand. Are you driving straight thru or stopping and what hotel are you staying at when you arrive in florida. I was thinking about staying somewhere around Ft. Pierce and driving down early Saturday morning. I think the hotels would be cheaper than staying in Ft. Lauderdale and it would break up that long friday drive.

We were just in Wonder Lake yesterday cleaning up my mom's yard. She is trying to rent her house since she moved to des plaines.

Aww, we will be on the Caribbean. We are driving straight through. It's going to be a nice road trip...6 of us in a minivan. However it'll break up the driving so everyone gets to rest/sleep. We will be leaving around noon thursday, so we hopefully get in around noon Friday. Got a decent rate package at the Crowne Plaza hotel which is directly across from the port entrance. Part of package allows us to keep the car in their parking garage and get shuttled over rather than pay more to keep the car at the parking garage. It'll be nice getting in so early to ft. Lauderdale so we can do any extra shopping then hitting up the beach and our favorite restaurant The Oasis!

I am going to do a little cardstock booklet with tidbits about each island. I'll learn some things for myself as I've never been to either island yet!

I'm taking my mom on her first cruise in December, and I made her a journal. I searched various booksellers online and found some suggestions here, and I combined (read: stole) the ideas I liked best. On the back of the pages, I wrote either a quote or trivia that pertains to that page.

As much food as you get on a ship, it's hard to find a crunchy salty snack to go with your wine in the room. Maybe some packages of peanuts or chex mix would be a good. We try to bring some kind of a pre-packaged snack for all day excursions in case we don't get to eat before DH blood sugar drops. In most ports your not allowed to take food from the ship, only packaged products like nabs, granola bars, etc. Sounds like you're going to have a great time!:)

Thanks everyone, these are all great ideas.

I did look onto oriental trading and will be getting beach bags from there, more than likely will personalize. snip..!

For our cruise to South America earlier this year, one of our roll call designed a logo which could be printed on a whole load of stuff including T shirts, buttons, mugs etc etc.

We just had to order from http://www.cafepress.com/

Sandy in Spain

I didn't read the whole thread, so not sure if mentioned or not. How about pack up a box and send it ahead to the hotel you will be staying at the night pre-cruise. No problem with lotions or anything else, the hotel will hold the package until your arrival and no one will be the wiser. Put a note to not mention the package to others traveling in your party.

Sounds like a fun trip.

That's a good idea too! I'm trying to figure all my best options before I start purchasing. I wish I could purchase Princess beach towels to put those in the bags, but can't seem to find if I truly can or not.

Yes, really anticipating this, it sure is going to be fun!

Archived