EPIC - did you miss having a show every night?

cruisin07family

There are plenty of other shows and things going on. There is always something going on at Spice at night, they bring in guest entertainers for a night or two ( we just saw a Scottish Singer named Brenda Cochran on the Epic who was absolutely fantastic ) so there is plenty to do.

Does anyone have a full week's worth of Freestyle Dailys from the Epic? I am curious to see how the spread the various activies through the week. I know Breakaway may be dyifferent from the Epic -and even week to week things might change - but this will give me a good idea.

Thanks,

Brad

I have a link in my signature to the Epic Dailies from my January cruise.

There were so many shows/things to do that we missed some of the things that were on our to do list.

Howl at the Moon was awesome, a very talented group of people.

We did miss having a different show on every night in the theatre but as other people have said there are other things to do - We loved the cirque show and booked premium seats and we only queued up 15mins before the show started. We loved the Ice Bar and there is always some kind of music in a bar that you can listen to whilst chatting with fellow passengers. We liked the Epic and would sail on her again - off on the Spirit in 4 weeks :-):)

I appreciate the OP for starting this thread.

We are going on the Breakaway and understand that the entertainment is going to organized much like the Epic where there are the two shows (Blue Man and Legends in Concert on the Epcic and Rock of Ages and one other on the Breakaway) in the main theater.

My wife and I were just talking earlier today about what we will do the other nights when we are not seeing the two "headline" shows. This has been very helpful.

Does anyone have a full week's worth of Freestyle Dailys from the Epic? I am curious to see how the spread the various activies through the week. I know Breakaway may be dyifferent from the Epic -and even week to week things might change - but this will give me a good idea.

Thanks,

Brad

I read on one of the board that Slam Allen will be on the Breakaway. When he and his band were on the Epic, that's where we'd end up every night. Others in our party would be at Howl at the Moon and we enjoyed the duo Twice as Nice as well. We'd sail whatever ship the Slam Allen Band is on...loved his shows more than Blue Man, Legends, and Second City combined.

I read on one of the board that Slam Allen will be on the Breakaway. When he and his band were on the Epic, that's where we'd end up every night. Others in our party would be at Howl at the Moon and we enjoyed the duo Twice as Nice as well. We'd sail whatever ship the Slam Allen Band is on...loved his shows more than Blue Man, Legends, and Second City combined.

Blues is NOT our thing, but am I misremembering a few reviews where people posted reviews that said Slam Allen was exceedingly rude and called people out during his show for talking, etc.?

Blues is NOT our thing, but am I misremembering a few reviews where people posted reviews that said Slam Allen was exceedingly rude and called people out during his show for talking, etc.?

Well, I only ever saw him call people out to ask them to come up on stage and play an instrument if he knew they were able. He always seemed to encourage participation from the audience.

Now, if he did call people out for talking they must have been really disruptive because it is a noisy venue. Heavens, it IS rude to be talking loudly while people are performing!

• 2 months later...
Too any recent Epic cruisers...do you know what night was the comedian/magician and was it only late night? and when was Legends Unplugged in the Manhattan room? Thanks!

Nov 10th cruise

Jeff Hobson(comedian/magician) was day 4, 5 and 6 @11pm

I dont remember Legends unplugged

Just returned from 12/15 cruise on the Epic and some nights we had book shows but other nights we just wandered around from venue to venue.

We didn't do Cirque (DH wasn't interested), but did enjoy Blue Man Group, Second City (also did the murder mystery lunch), Slam Allen Blues (we also are not "blues people" but we actually dropped in a couple of times because they were that good), the guitarist Carrie Stone (we ended up there several evenings), the White Hot Party, FABBA, game shows, Howl at the Moon, watched some karaoke in Bliss. The magician had a slow start but it was a mildly amusing show. I didn't find the Legends show all that exciting, but I'm not especially into Donna Summer or Jimmy Buffett. Interestingly, we had the best time at the "So you think you can dance" competition, which we stumbled across while walking from place to place - haven't laughed that hard in a while!

Just returned from 12/15 cruise on the Epic and some nights we had book shows but other nights we just wandered around from venue to venue.

We didn't do Cirque (DH wasn't interested), but did enjoy Blue Man Group, Second City (also did the murder mystery lunch), Slam Allen Blues (we also are not "blues people" but we actually dropped in a couple of times because they were that good), the guitarist Carrie Stone (we ended up there several evenings), the White Hot Party, FABBA, game shows, Howl at the Moon, watched some karaoke in Bliss. The magician had a slow start but it was a mildly amusing show. I didn't find the Legends show all that exciting, but I'm not especially into Donna Summer or Jimmy Buffett. Interestingly, we had the best time at the "So you think you can dance" competition, which we stumbled across while walking from place to place - haven't laughed that hard in a while!

Nice! I'm a Buffett fan, and remember the day NCL announced him for the Legends lineup. Might as well have been the real thing. lol I think Slam Allen will be gone by the time I cruise, but hoping I'm wrong. If he does go, I wonder who will replace.

I think a better thread would be:

NCL Epic, dont you wish there was one night there was no shows!!!!!

(at least you can catch your breath)

:)

No doubt! Too funny.

OP, there was evening movies shown on the 2 story atrium screen on our Epic cruise last February. You can sit on the railing of O'Sheehan's and watch there. We spent one night doing that, then playing darts and pool. Pool on a moving ship is actually very fun. If your shot selection is poor, just wait a minute and they balls will rearrange! :D

We never got to it, but there is also bowling.

• 2 weeks later...

OP here returning to report that in fact we did miss having a different show every night. Sitting listening to music is not our thing. We found the performers at Maltings to be too loud to really enjoy. It was not possible to carry on a conversation with your spouse much less new friends. We absolutely LOVED Howl at the Moon and the crowds really got into the show so that was fun but only 3 nights (we may have missed one night). We found out that Second City repeats its shows which was disappointing as we tried the 9:15 show a few nights but after watching the first 2 or 3 acts and realizing they were doing the same show, it was too late to get into Legends.

To us the biggest disappointment in the entertainment department was that the Epic theater was dark the last night of our cruise. We had hoped to catch Blue Man Group again per dh's wishes. He was a minor participant the first time we went, so he wanted to do it again. But neither BMG or Legends were performing the final night. We found some nights had too many conflicting things we wanted to do but definitely the last night, we didn't find much to do and after a game of bowling, we actually went ahead and packed and turned in.

Overall, we did enjoy the Epic but between the room setup, the ship layout and the entertainment we wanted to see, I think the smaller Jewel or Dawn class are more to our liking. Our kids are pushing hard to try the Breakaway so I'll have to follow those reviews for tons of details.

Don't forget about the Cruise Director games they have every night - like Newlywed, Family Feud, Perfect Couple, Jeopardy, and whatever else they may come up with. These are always fun, and Newlywed is a must see for us!

Yes! the above shows are refreshing!

There are some quieter lounge shows, and fun times in the pub

Thought DH would not like Cirque but he loved it and we went to the dinner cruise on our second Epic cruise - everyone comes out smiling

I have a link in my signature to the Epic Dailies from my January cruise.

There were so many shows/things to do that we missed some of the things that were on our to do list.

Howl at the Moon was awesome, a very talented group of people.

SliceofLife - thanks so much for scanning the dailies. I am so looking forward to our cruise!

OP here returning to report that in fact we did miss having a different show every night. Sitting listening to music is not our thing. We found the performers at Maltings to be too loud to really enjoy. It was not possible to carry on a conversation with your spouse much less new friends. We absolutely LOVED Howl at the Moon and the crowds really got into the show so that was fun but only 3 nights (we may have missed one night). We found out that Second City repeats its shows which was disappointing as we tried the 9:15 show a few nights but after watching the first 2 or 3 acts and realizing they were doing the same show, it was too late to get into Legends.

To us the biggest disappointment in the entertainment department was that the Epic theater was dark the last night of our cruise. We had hoped to catch Blue Man Group again per dh's wishes. He was a minor participant the first time we went, so he wanted to do it again. But neither BMG or Legends were performing the final night. We found some nights had too many conflicting things we wanted to do but definitely the last night, we didn't find much to do and after a game of bowling, we actually went ahead and packed and turned in.

Overall, we did enjoy the Epic but between the room setup, the ship layout and the entertainment we wanted to see, I think the smaller Jewel or Dawn class are more to our liking. Our kids are pushing hard to try the Breakaway so I'll have to follow those reviews for tons of details.

Thanks for taking the time to report back after your cruise. You just never know what you like and don't like until you give them a try. It's important to go in with your eyes wide open to new experiences.

Nausau is a late port, 12-7 If I remember correctly. I suppose that doesn't leave much time once you have something to eat and have to start packing. I wonder if they found that shows were poorly attended on the final night on board?

Archived