What is the months with the best weather ?

Tinkers70

We have just come off Freedom of the Sea's a couple of weeks ago on the Eastern route and had a brilliant time. It was our first cruise and we all loved it.

The weather was fabulous apart from the last day at sea when it was quite windy and the sea was pretty rough compared to the other days.

Is there an ideal time of year to cruise the caribbean when there is no (or minimal) risk of a hurricane / storm but the weather is still very warm (about 80 upwards).

We love to cruise the Caribbean in May.

Weather is not a travel concern to and from the embarkation port and the Caribbean heat is not as intense as the summer months.

Since it's between season, fares are reasonable.

And..it's a great way to kick off summer! :)

April through June.

I was going to say May, and it fits nicely in here. While the above is a good answer, you can still get some cool in April and some excessively hot in June which is also the unofficial beginning of hurricane season, so May is a nice happy medium, Spring break is usually over and kids aren't out of school yet. Works for us.

We always try to go in January. Nice warm (80's) weather in the Caribbean and it's a break from winter. :D

Oh ... no threat of hurricanes either.

Good point, I have a great late November cruise, but my wife disliked it because it gets dark so soon.

Hurricane season in the Caribbean starts on June 1 and ends on December 1. Generally speaking, the seas are calmer when the water temperature cools down so December through June is a good time to cruise. The Caribbean normally stays warm even through the winter season.

I wouldn't count on January or February being over 80 degrees cruising from the U.S. mainland. Florida temperatures can dip into the 60s during the day when a cold front blows down from Canada. On my Liberty cruise out of Miami in January 2011, both the first and last days were cold and windy. Ditto for the first day of my Mariner cruise out of Port Canaveral in 2005. March can also be cool, especially the first couple of weeks.

thank you for all the replies.

It looks like May is the favourite month for decent weather, only problem with this is we can't go on holiday in May as it doesn't fit around school holidays

I'll maybe have a look at other months around this time:)

Archived