is it really a sale when...

Geesh...I bought a new car and paid XXX. My neighbor bought the same car "on sale" and ended up paying the same price. Advertising is just that...advertising. I can go to my local grocery and buy something for a dollar...my neighbor waits until it is advertised and then buys 10 because it is advertised at 10 for $10. To them, a much better price.

Consumers should be "aware" of their own purchases. I don't think any seller should have to "protect" the end consumer because they aren't smart enough or diligent enough to know when a "sale" is really a "sale". If someone "falls" for an advertising gimick I don't think the advertiser should be at fault.

Retailers have been using these types of tricks since retail was invented.

Totally agree. This was verified when I worked at a big box retailer the last 2 Christmas seasons. They would post a 20% coupon off everything and raise all the prices across the board accordingly.

I did book under the sale. I got 50% deposit and a better cabin.

If you book a Balcony or below you only get $200. I don't know what class you have to buy to get the $300.00

An Interior on the cruise I was looking at averaged 550.

When using the National Sale it's now up to 609.00 and if I want to get the 200 credit it 674.00.

If I book with the National Fare/wCredit, then I'll atleast be up $35 per person, but if I wait for the sale to end and hope the price to go back down to average.

you add $300 to the price of a cabin and then offer the buyer $300 stateroom credit? someone help me out with this....:cool:

Its like the WOW sale on RCL .. 1/2 off deposits are actually quite popular.

People who are already booked and just wanting price matches probably dont get it since they already have a full deposit up.

Its not the price.. its the 1/2 off deposit that is the attraction/sale.

you add $300 to the price of a cabin and then offer the buyer $300 stateroom credit? someone help me out with this....:cool:

IF the $300 is added to a price equal to that of the Past Guest (as in the case of this last sale)....then it does help those who are not eligible for a

Past Guest Discount.

So again it seems that Carnival is targeting the first time market.

IF the $300 is added to a price equal to that of the Past Guest (as in the case of this last sale)....then it does help those who are not eligible for a

Past Guest Discount.

So again it seems that Carnival is targeting the first time market.

Saw this exact scenario on the cruise we just booked.

Archived