should we cancel

stereo

Yep, it's such a privilege to do laundry when you get home from a Celebrity cruise because you've had to abstain for so many days. I just love it. keeps me from thinking about how bad the cruise was.

Thanks OP for the interesting thread and for all the jokes, people. I needed this today. DH is in surgery.

Hope all turns out well.

Thanks OP for the interesting thread and for all the jokes, people. I needed this today. DH is in surgery.

My sincere best wishes that everything turns out fine.

Hi All--Thanks for your help.--After discussion we have decided not to cancel--we will tough it out and like always will have a most enjoyable cruise

...and I feel you need to SERIOUSLY reconsider your highly questionable decision to go through with this cruise. :cool:

I don't think you have adequately contemplated the potential distress to which you may be subjecting yourself.

Do you realize fully, the implications resulting from the possibility that your room steward may not make your bed properly or correctly fold your towels? What if they neglect to make a towel animal one day??? (GASP!!!) Who knows the level of calamity that could ensue if they didn't refill your ice bucket or vacuum under your bed every day! The horror... THE HORROR !!! :eek:

You should further consider the heartache that may result if the chocolates placed on your pillow at turndown each night, MIGHT NOT BE YOUR FAVORITE! And what's WORSE, is you COULD have to actually WAIT IN LINE at guest services to voice your righteous indignation (along with your highly constructive criticism of course. :rolleyes:)

I really think you should take a stress pill, sit down, and think this through more carefully. (you're not cruising with HAL (9000?) I hope!?) :D

I hardly think you, or anyone for that matter, could POSSIBLY be content with the paltry few options of dining venues or menu selections onboard these days, what with all these horrible cutbacks in quality and service just to feed the greed of the those evil "one percenters" at the top and in charge of our VERY LIVES!!! :p

These are just a few of the horrendous pitfalls that face all of us poor victimized and disadvantaged cruisers nowdays. Not to mention the GRUELING and ARDUOUS labors of traveling across oceans and continents, trudging through crowded cities filled with old buildings and people of different cultures. Like, really, who needs all that, anyways? OMG!

Hopefully my heartfelt advice can SAVE you from making a decision you may truly regret. :)

I heard you get a butter butler in the suites!

Yes that's true, but there are good butter butlers, and better butter butlers.

Did you know - the competition is so great for the job, that there's a huge amount of churn. One other butler told me the hours were so extensive, that he was whipped at the end of the day. As he was a really sweet butter butler, I told him to stick with it, as the creme always rises to the top.

I heard about another butter butler that was a-salted on one of the islands, but I'd rather not spread any rumors, and stick to the facts.

yes that's true, but there are good butter butlers, and better butter butlers.

Did you know - the competition is so great for the job, that there's a huge amount of churn. One other butler told me the hours were so extensive, that he was whipped at the end of the day. As he was a really sweet butter butler, i told him to stick with it, as the creme always rises to the top.

I heard about another butter butler that was a-salted on one of the islands, but i'd rather not spread any rumors, and stick to the facts.

lol !

Hi All--Thanks for your help.--After discussion we have decided not to cancel--we will tough it out and like always will have a most enjoyable cruise

I was SOOO relieved when I realized your first post was done "tongue in cheek". When I first read it, I thought "Good Lord" can this guy be for real.......what if he winds up being our dinnermate? :eek::D

My spouse and I are scheduled to sail on a S class ship in a few weeks.we are after final payment date and if we cancel we will lose dollars.we have read disturbing posts about the high cost of alcoholic drinks--the lack of trays at the buffet --the lowering of the quality of the food inthe MDR--which causes many to spend $80 or so to eat a satisfactory meal at a specialty venue. many have complaned that the tea assortment is not up to snuffand no kettle is allowed.accordingly--we will bring our own loose teas.and use hot water from theMDR guessing that the MDR only provides sodium chloride to sprinkle on their bland food we will bring an assortment of gourmet sea salts from France -Ireland and Italy. No review has discussed the quality of the butter that is served in the MDR. We assume that it is the dreadful supermarket stuff loaded with sodium chloride. Janet Napalitano did not answer my e-mail asking to bring Dry Ice on my flight to FCO.How else will we be able to keep our assortment of gourmet butters from France, Belgium, and Denmark from turning rancid.Would you cancel or tough it out?? Thanks for your help

Is this a joke...

Did you know - the competition is so great for the job, that there's a huge amount of churn. One other butler told me the hours were so extensive, that he was whipped at the end of the day. As he was a really sweet butter butler, I told him to stick with it, as the creme always rises to the top.

I heard about another butter butler that was a-salted on one of the islands, but I'd rather not spread any rumors, and stick to the facts.

Ghee!!! (see what I did there?)

Too funny :D

Loved this! 9/1 cruise ended. 9/2... 70 hour work weeks began. It really helps to remember that for a week or two each year life couldn't be better if we are cruising, AND if we are really lucky, people who are funny and have a sense of humor are with us!

It really helps to remember that for a week or two each year life couldn't be better if we are cruising, AND if we are really lucky, people who are funny and have a sense of humor are with us!

Well said! :)

This is such a fun thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Very, very cute everyone! Thank you all for the much needed chuckle today.

Special kudos to the OP! :D

Would welcome you as a tablemate. Anytime. Anyplace.

It's all about the laugh for me. Daily life can be serious and stressful enough. I don't intend to make my recreation stressful. Right?

My spouse and I are scheduled to sail on a S class ship in a few weeks.we are after final payment date and if we cancel we will lose dollars.we have read disturbing posts about the high cost of alcoholic drinks--the lack of trays at the buffet --the lowering of the quality of the food inthe MDR--which causes many to spend $80 or so to eat a satisfactory meal at a specialty venue. many have complaned that the tea assortment is not up to snuffand no kettle is allowed.accordingly--we will bring our own loose teas.and use hot water from theMDR guessing that the MDR only provides sodium chloride to sprinkle on their bland food we will bring an assortment of gourmet sea salts from France -Ireland and Italy. No review has discussed the quality of the butter that is served in the MDR. We assume that it is the dreadful supermarket stuff loaded with sodium chloride. Janet Napalitano did not answer my e-mail asking to bring Dry Ice on my flight to FCO.How else will we be able to keep our assortment of gourmet butters from France, Belgium, and Denmark from turning rancid.Would you cancel or tough it out?? Thanks for your help

You forgot all the LOAD music problems....Shame on you!

Best post on this thread lol

I'm reminded of Carolyn Welles' famous tongue-twister, known to auctioneers as the Betty Botter drill:

Betty Botter bought some butter,

"But," she said, "this butter's bitter;

If I put it in my batter,

It will make my batter bitter;

But a bit of better butter,

Better than the bitter butter

Will but make my bitter batter better."

So she bought a bit of better butter,

Better than the bitter butter,

and made her bitter batter better.

Let there never be any bitter batter on Celebrity. That's better.

I hope your post is a joke.:p We sail Celebrity at least once and often twice a year. We keep coming back to Celebrity because of their high quality, level of service and excellent food in all restaurants. The truth is there are some people you cannot please no matter what you do. Go and enjoy your cruise. You will have a wonerful time

Archived