Anyone ever downloaded Princess Countdown Connection?

christmascarole

I just saw this widget on the cruise personalizer (on the Princess website) that you could download, that would countdown the days to your cruise. I downloaded it, but could never get it to work correctly. Has anyone else tried downloading this? And if you did, did you get it to work?? I'm not very computer literate, and I'm wondering if it's me or the application.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Mine worked well. I have the princess logo on my desktop and then when I turn my

computer on, the widget comes up.

It is a nice little gadget for your computer especially if you do not check your

personalizer often.

Greg

I installed it shortly after it was released & had lots of problems so I removed it. Maybe they've worked out the bugs by now but I had problems on both of my computers so I'm hesitant to re-install it.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I had it downloaded and working well on my PC last year for my cruise however this year if I try to download it using Firefox I get the Flash Player 9 message.

I was able to download it via Google Chrome but didn't bother as I had lost interest in it.

I also have problems printing or seeing my luggage tags and tickets in firefox however I can see them and print in google Chrome - just something to be aware that if something doesn't work in one browser to try another. I use 3 different browsers based on whatever I am looking at.

I had problems until on the personalized page I opened the welcome email I received from princess president after booking my cruise. In that email was an option to cleanup the old site and a place to check to download new version after cleanup. I did that even tho I did not have an old version. After cleanup it took a while but eventually the download option came up. Make sure you hit open and not save. When I tried to just download without cleanup, I too, got the flash 9 MSG. Which I already had installed. Hope this works for you. If I inadvertently click it off I have to do the whole process. All over again.

Had it on my Apple laptop for a cruise departing Sept. 2011 and it worked just fine. Tried to "renew" it for an upcoming cruise in Jan 2013, and I get the flashplayer notice (my version is up to date) and cannot get the thing to work either.

I enjoyed it the first go 'round so wish I had it this time.

On some other thread (sorry, I don't know where I saw it) or maybe on Princess' site, it gives instructions on how to remedy the problem but of course, the directions are not in English, they are in "Computer" so I'm not certain what they say to do.:o

I too installed it a couple of years ago. It worked on one computer for a short while and never on my other computer. I uninstalled and have never tried again. I got a princess app for my phone and use that instead.

What Princess app to do you have? I'd love that for my iPhone.

I have the widget on my HP-PC at home and it works well. It opens when it should and closes when I want it to. I basically leave it on the ship-cam and have not played around with it much more than that.

I personally have the Ship Mate app on my Droid (and it's free!). It's a nice app to have giving you the countdown, itinerary, deck plans, typical excursions offered in ports, deck cams and ship location (which is the only thing that is never accurate). Ship Mate has apps for all the major cruiselines. If it is available for the iPhone, I would deffinately suggest checking it out.

I, too, have Shipmate but its not free for the iPhone. Terrific app but for some reason, they've been unable to add or update anything for the Royal Princess.

As for the countdown app on my PC, I had so many problems with it that I removed it. It's very poorly programmed and even after being available for more than two years, still has problems.

I, too, have Shipmate but its not free for the iPhone. Terrific app but for some reason, they've been unable to add or update anything for the Royal Princess.

Apparently Ship Mate has stopped having separate apps for each cruise line & now it's a combination app for most cruise lines at the same price. The old Princess only app does not have any of the Royal's cruises listed & crashes when attempting to add a cruise; the new combination app has a few of the Royal's cruises listed. They seem to be adding them upon request & our maiden TA must have been requested several times because it's listed 3 times. ;)

I downloaded the countdown widget for the first cruise we did nad then for subsequent ones had similar problems as other posters and didn't bother again. It is a shame because I liked the concept.

I also have shipmate app for andriod and it seems to be fine apart from the royal issue...

Thanks for all the replies! Glad to hear it wasn't just me, but it would be great if I could get it to work. Thanks for the information about the iphone app. I think I will try and download that. Technology is so great when it works, but when it doesn't .........:(

I had problems until on the personalized page I opened the welcome email I received from princess president after booking my cruise. In that email was an option to cleanup the old site and a place to check to download new version after cleanup. I did that even tho I did not have an old version. After cleanup it took a while but eventually the download option came up. Make sure you hit open and not save. When I tried to just download without cleanup, I too, got the flash 9 MSG. Which I already had installed. Hope this works for you. If I inadvertently click it off I have to do the whole process. All over again.

Thank you for this, followed your advice from the Captains email, used the cleanup tool, downloaded the latest verion of Adobe and the widget downloaded straight away.

Downloaded the app about a year ago and have never had a problem with it. Starts up automatically and just keeps counting down the days. Currently 36 days, 16 hours and 22 minutes to go. Yeah

Mine must work better than yours!! because it says only 26 days to Diamond in Bangkok - yeah.

Seriously though, ours has worked fine and it's great when you switch your computer on to see just how long to your next "complete escape".

Our Princess countdown clock works fine - I've got an older pc. Sometimes I have to update my adobe "something or other" - it tells me to close the Princess program first, then run the update, then start the countdown again.

It counts down to the time of sailaway. I like the ability to see the ship's webcam to see where it currently is!

• 4 years later...

I have used this for quite some time and I really like it. I have not been able to cruise for two years and have now booked a cruise and cannot get it to work. I was wondering if they had discontinued it.

I have used this for quite some time and I really like it. I have not been able to cruise for two years and have now booked a cruise and cannot get it to work. I was wondering if they had discontinued it.

Yes it has been disconnected for over a year now.

What's up with all of these old threads being revived? Yesterday somebody posted on a thread that has been dead since 2011. This thread has been dead since 2012.

I don't get it...

It could be an unintended consequence due to people actually searching the forum before posting to see if the topic in which they're interested has been addressed previously. If it was addressed, but not sufficiently for their question, they add on the the old thread as a means to provide some context.