Worse Thing about Cruising

shellfish5

- Slow internet.

- Crowded ships - waiting in line for everything and impossible to find buffet seating at mealtimes.

- Glacial pace of MDR meals

I'm not wild about the 12-hour long haul flight back from Europe immediately after the cruise either.

Best things: the color of the water and really good sushi.

• 2 weeks later...

Never considered the toilet paper to be an issue because I rarely spend much time in the room. But yeah, after all the food a lot of people do spend most of the cruise on the john :o

Worst thing for me about cruising is leaving the cruise. I don't think i'll ever book a cruise under 5 days again because it's too much of a tease.

• 2 weeks later...

We are not morning people so having to check out by 8:30 or so is ROUGH! We always say we're not gonna stay up late the last night but then always do. lol

its the only type of vacation we take where we check out before 11am.

We are not morning people so having to check out by 8:30 or so is ROUGH! We always say we're not gonna stay up late the last night but then always do. lol

And no late checkout option!

I agree, being forced out early is a pain. We did not know we had to be out of the cabin by 9:30 on last cruise because that info was hidden amongst the 2 full pages of debarkation info they gave. Me and the wife missed it. So we were in there till 10:40 (our zone hadn't been called yet) and the steward came in and I saw an annoyed look as she left. So that's when I looked again because I was pretty sure they didn't kick you out of the room, but there it was buried mid paragraph somewhere in there. Dunno how we missed it, I looked over that thing a few times beforehand. So we apologized and got on our way out of the cabin. I felt bad afterwards but it really was buried in the info on the sheet we got.

Add the restrooms failing for a day on a whole floor of the ship. Actually happened on a cruise with GAdventures to me a few years ago. Luckily the crew was able to fix it and everything else on the cruise was wonderful.

Edited by jen_cruiser
Add more details.

I also don't like to pack up the last day to go home. Hears what I do I try to book a B2B and that way we get to stay on the ship and watch as the others disembark.

This is genius, but it made me feel bad because I'm always one that has to disembark :(