Worse Thing about Cruising

shellfish5

I argee with leaving the ship. Regardless of the length of the cruise it always happens way too fast. As to the toilet paper, I'm getting close to finishing almost 40 years in the army and sometimes just having toilet paper was a luxury so I don't complain about the the stuff on the ship! For me the second would be the travel to the port. Being a land locked Canadian it's always a long haul regardless of the port of departure.

The last day, at a hotel or resort you can hang around if you have a late flight on the ship it is up and off. At least you can get one last breakfast.It sometimes feels like the bums rush but hey the next group is coming.

I find the flight to the ship is exciting BUT the flight home is the worst. I have just been dumped off the boat. Last trip was a long enough wait we had to get ripped off for cheap food in the airport and buying and eating it could not be drawn out enough to kill the hours.

My second worst thing is misreading or misjudging an excursion. And along with this is being taken to some site for 45 minutes only to realize you want to spend a day there.

the quality of the toilet paper onboard! LOL

This is why DW packs a roll from home, heaven forbid I take a sheet!

For me is the last cruise day, usually a sea day. Coming to terms with the realization the the vacation is nearly over, and then setting the bags out in the evening. Very depressing. Then start the cycle all over again by booking the next cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Upgraded internet.....

Internet access has made cruising possible for us but the painfully slow speed sometimes makes me grumpy

We have our own business and have to go online a few times a day, if I could just zip through my "work", life would be good and I could TOTALLY relax.

On the plus side, I have learned that a lot of things can be "bookmarked" until we get home

I am not rich but would pay double for SPEED :D

A cruise line offering high speed internet might get us to book.

Also grateful for the emails from the dogs

Edited by SMerritt

In the end those of upshot can cruise are so very lucky.

Keith

You got it! Amen.........We treat every cruise like kids at Christmas and feel blessed to be able to get away a few weeks a year and live the good life.

Cruising keeps us going and going and.........

For me the absolute worst is the afternoon before debarkation. Packing the suitcase and putting it out really brings home the fact that my cruise is just about over.

TP is not an issue with me. I grew up generally with a choice between leaves and thin wax coated 4" squares of paper.

For me the absolute worst is the afternoon before debarkation. Packing the suitcase and putting it out really brings home the fact that my cruise is just about over.

TP is not an issue with me. I grew up generally with a choice between leaves and thin wax coated 4" squares of paper.

I guess we should be thankful Sears catalogs and telephone books are not readily available anymore ;)

I now pack before going to bed and carry my bags off - lengthens the cruise and the possibly of me walking off the ship barefoot or in my nitegown

FRUSTRATINGLY slow internet, mostly because it's wasting my time. I have to check in with the kids occasionally, so it's a cross that must be borne.

Packing at the end of the cruise sucks. It really hammers home that you are done. Both of our cruises have been pretty long (10 & 12 day), so there was just that much more to pack, and after that length of time, it feels like you're practically leaving your home.

Pretty much anything else is too minor to complain about too much...it's too much fun! (Although I do wish Civitavecchia was a little closer to Rome...wonder when they'll fix that?)

I think the worse part of a cruise is the low you feel when you are walking off the ship. It's over and you are heading back to the same old same old...that is until you get the itch again and book your next cruise

When I disembark, I always know when I'm going to be back onboard..... unless circumstances mean I'll be back onboard sooner than I'd planned :D

VP

I think for me it's been flying to and from a port and having to worry about what I can and can't pack.

And of course leaving the boat for winter in PA. :(

I did notice some Tweens running around on our first cruise and they didn't really bother us.

This cruise I'm bringing my 4 year old : Pray for me :)