Last Minute Upgrades?

curtdesilets

We are cruising on our first Oceania Cruise this July on Regatta. Anyone here ever get free upgrades or last minute "upsells" to a better category? We opted for a "D" ocean view w/ porthole, but would consider paying extra for a balcony, if the price is right.

If you do a search here on Upsells & upgrades

you will see there is no guarantees ;)

It will depend on how the cruise is selling & how many what those D cat cabins on your sailing or maybe they will upgrade you so you are spoiled for a balcony the next cruise ;)

I prefer to pick the cabin I want to begin with ...sometimes an upgrade is not the best place to be

YMMV

Lyn

trying making an offer to your agent after final payment due. All O can say is no.

Thanks For The Advice. All cruise lines seem to handle this a bit differently. On HAL a few years ago, we had found a great early deal on an O/V cabin and booked it. A week or two before the cruise, TA calls me and says we can upgrade you to a suite for $200. We went for it and were amazed that the suite we got upgraded to was the 2nd largest on the ship. Princess last summer automatically upgraded us to a balcony for free. I'm sure it has to do with capacity and demand, but those upgrades really make the cruise all that more special.

several days ago on the Marina T/A Rome to Rio sailing 11/22. We were in a B3 balcony and were offered a PH1 for $750 pp. I asked where the cabin was located and the cabin # before I said yes...which I did!!! If we had booked this PH1 from the get go we would have paid $3k more....a great deal in my book...especially for a long cruise with many sea days. We were also offered an upgrade on an R ship some years ago...can't remember how much we had to pay but it was a similar deal....so...it does happen!!!...but you do never know so don't count on it!! :cool: LuAnn

About 6 weeks before our upcoming (11/02) cruise, we were offered an "upsell" - oceanview porthole to mid-ship, oceanview (full window) for $250pp. Since this is a 25 day cruise, we took it.

On another cruise, we were offered an "upsell" from ocean view (porthole) to a balcony for $750pp - we declined since this is only a 7 day Caribbean cruise.

I am sailing on the Marina on November 1st and had an e-mail from Oceania on Friday offering an upgrade from a Penthouse to a Vista Suite for $750 per guest. This was a good deal (the Vista's are 1200sq ft) ! Unfortunately it was from the US office and I am in the UK. Just called the UK office this morning and they told me all upgrades were now sold - so you need to get in quick.

We were offered and bought an upsell to an Owners Suite (Deck 10) on Enchanted Grandeur on 14 October - two days before we sailed. We were very lucky! It's one of the very best decisions we've ever made. Had an absolutely marvellous time in sumptious luxury. It was identical to the pictures in the brochure, superb soft furnishings, an absolute delight. Should we ever be lucky enough to get offered the opportunity again I wouldn't hesitate.

Glenda

I guess Friday was Upsell Day! because I was offered one as well. I was away this weekend but called on Monday and asked if it was still being offered and it it was.

The upsell is for my 11/27 cruise. I was in an OV Cat D and was offered a Veranda B1 for a charge.

They offered one cabin but I asked if another was available I got that one.

So I'm a happy cruiser...but then who wouldn't be on an Oceania cruise!

It helps to ask ... I always let our TA know that we'd be interested in an upsell if one comes along ...

Mura

I work with an Oceania Personal Vacation Consultant and mentioned to her a while back that I would be interested in any upsells. Not sure if she has any clout in this matter, but maybe she added it to my file somewhere.

Not sure how the "Upsell" program works on who they call and when. It might be the "luck of the draw".

I was offered an upsell on my first cruise with Oceania I had a guaranteed inside. Offer.....first it was for a CC for Europe (I declined), then a veranda on the same cruise I was doing (I declined), then another offer for a veranda on the same cruise, same price upgrade (I accepted...talked hubby into it).

I book the cabin I can afford and if I like the upsell offer I consider it.

Cathy,

We don't always ask about upgrades or upsells, but if we are interested in one we do ask to be remembered. Whenever we have done so, we HAVE received an offer of one sort or another. We've accepted some, declined others.

Usually if they are trying to get us to leave a cruise for another one we decline since there were reasons why we chose the cruise we did. But when we were offered a Vista on Marina if we switched to a European cruise in October 2011 from our overbooked Alaska cruise in August 2011, we jumped at the chance ... especially since they gave us extra OBC and we didn't have to pay a cent.

But offers like that don't come along very often ...

I agree that you should book what you want/can afford and consider any offers in that light.

Mura

...The upsell is for my 11/27 cruise. I was in an OV Cat D and was offered a Veranda B1 for a charge...

We'll be sailing with you and we've also taken an upsell offer. We're bumping from a guaranteed C2 to an A1. The cost was only about 30% of the catalog differential so we happily accepted.

We're first time O'ers and we had notified our TA that we would like to hear upsell offers after reading that advice here. Thanks everyone!

We got an upsell 4 days before our August "Baltic Treasures" cruise departed. It was a fabulous upsell - from a guarantee on a "G" cabin to an A4 veranda cabin! The cost wasn't much. We were very, very happy - but you really, truly can't tell what will happen, as it depends upon how full or not full the ship is, and what category you've booked. In the case of a "G," I think your chances are a lot higher, though, as there just aren't very many "G" cabins to sell in the first place. We are fine with the inside cabins, but I have to admit that I enjoyed that veranda a lot. If you book a guarantee, let your travel agent know, in writing, what upsell you'll accept, should the occasion arise, since he/she may need to jump quickly on the offer. (Give the TA your cell and work phone numbers too!)

We also had a guarantee a while back on an F or G (forget which). That time we got upgraded to a veranda cabin.

I am planning to always book a guarantee from now on - although we are fine with the inside cabins, and also aren't picky about what where the cabin is located, making it a no-brainer for us.

I guess Friday was Upsell Day! because I was offered one as well. I was away this weekend but called on Monday and asked if it was still being offered and it it was.

The upsell is for my 11/27 cruise. I was in an OV Cat D and was offered a Veranda B1 for a charge.

They offered one cabin but I asked if another was available I got that one.

So I'm a happy cruiser...but then who wouldn't be on an Oceania cruise!

Our TA emailed today to offer this upsell, but hasn't gotten back to us since we replied. Hoping we can still get it, but doubtful. Worth it, right?

Lucky you!

Archived