No shore excursion on GC

kakels

Hi, we are going to GC in about a month on a cruise.

We were there several years ago, and did the island tour. We aren't interested in snorkle or stingrays etc.

We thought maybe we'd just get off the ship and hit Margaritaville and just walk around. Any Must see or Must dos?

It sounds like you are going to hang around the main town. If so, I don't think there are really any must sees or dos. It is nice to stroll around, have lunch and a drink.

If you want to have a beach day without Stingray City taking a taxi to Seven Mile beach is a good option. Very beautiful there.:)

Margaritaville is fun. We walked down to the south/right from the tender area and stopped at Paradise Grill. Here we ate and drank and watched lots of snorkelers and they feed the tarpon right there so that was really cool to see. We also went snorkeling and had a blast, but the food and drinks were really reasonable and the view was great! Pleanty of people watching.

Margaritaville is a good spot to relax a bit with a cold drink, kinda boring during the day as you would expect though.

There's a neat little art and craft shop just one mile south of the center of George Town, on the corner of South Church Street and Denham-Thompson Way. You can find something different from the typical stores in Georgetown.

http://pureart.ky/

You could also stop by Smith's Cove if you haven't yet been there.

Thank you!

That was what I was looking for. I know we can wander and just enjoy the Island but I was looking for specific things that all of you find interesting. You never know what kind of hidden gem someone finds :)

Archived