We seem to think the cruise industry is one fit for all

Hi,

I have been reading some of the posts recently and it appears we only give our view of what suits us.

I read some adverse posts about the Carnival Sprirt how its mainly for young couples with kids running everywhere....the food cold and not up to scratch etc.

We write these reviews as we are today ....in my case past the wild party cruises....howver I have been cruising since my early 20,s .Sure my taste in cruising has changed heaps.....In my early 20,s all I wanted to do was party and meet girls....I was loud,loved a drink and probally annoyed older people like some of the youngsters annoy me today.....but cast your minds back if you started cruising early like myself and have continued for over 40 years.....we tend to foirget we had cruises when we were young and base all our post on the "NOW" If I was still in my 20,s Spirit would be my go for sure as was Fairstar.

The point I am making is there is a niche to please everybodys taste in cruising and just because a "party type ship" doesnt suit all we should not rule out how many people love that style...its them .

we have heaps of choice ,try out different lines ....everyone finds their preferences.

I doubt that I would cruise on Carnival Spirit but I certainly wouldn,t rule it out.

My opinion respect others decisions to cruise the way it pleases them.

I didn't cruise on "party ships" when I was young, so certainly wouldn't be interested now.

The adventurous ones, of my circle, went further afield to the Barrier Reef Islands, Perth and NZ. I was the only one who cruised overseas around the world, on my own.

Both my daughters are world travellers, but neither are interested in cruising.

Fair comment, I've gotten similar impression from some posts. Some people just don't like a cruise line, then pile up the complaints and even make things up to support that view.

Not everything can appeal to everybody, but it doesn't make it bad, just not the right choice for you. In fact, if it attracts a different group to who you want to be with, that's a good thing as you can enjoy the ones you enjoy even more without distractions!

We have done 12 cruises since we were introduced to cruising in 2007. Basically they can be decanted down into 3 overall cruiseline experiences.

P&O AUS -- 6 cruises - max duration 28 days. P&O UK - 2 cruises - max duration 42 days. Cunard - 4 cruises - max duration 14 days.

Each of these 3 cruiselines have been distinctly different. And some of the individual cruises have been distinctively different (differences over and above the destinations). But we have enjoyed them all. I can't really say that we have enjoyed one more than the other - they all have their good and bad points, but whether something is good or bad only relates to our opinion (wife and I :))

I generally don't like to do comparative reviews of cruises - and I am not interested in reading trivialities such as that someone found their steak to be tough of a waiter in a bar snubbed them:) I am more interested in hearing about peoples perceptions of the "style" of the ship/cruise.

Our next plan is to try out some American ships - starting with Voyager of the Seas. Then possibly some of the smaller less known lines.

Barry

Archived