First time on Oceania.

ScottToronto

Since I have not been to Papeete for we will not mention how many years, do they still spray disinfectant when the plane lands before they allow passengers to disembark?

No they haven't been doing that for awhile. However, you might want to spray with mozzie spray before you deplane or while you wait in line!!

Floridiana and Vaitape:

Thanks so much for the complete answers. I remembered the airport not being air-conditioned, but had not remembered the customs procedures. Currently, we have O transfers, because I thought it would be too difficult to get a cab at that late hour. I may transfer them to OBC and get a cab. Last time, we came in from Australia, but that was earlier in the evening. I do remember "island time" though;-)

Hello. My wife and I will be sailing Oceania for the first time in March 2014. We will be on the Marina for the PPT to PPT route. Since several here have said booking excursions through the ship is very expensive I was wondering if there were any suggested sites or reliable agencies for booking excursions. I'll admit not having looked at CC's Ports of Call pages yet. Is that a good resource?

First time on Oceania and first trip to FP so I feel like a rookie again. Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Robert

Hello. My wife and I will be sailing Oceania for the first time in March 2014. We will be on the Marina for the PPT to PPT route. Since several here have said booking excursions through the ship is very expensive I was wondering if there were any suggested sites or reliable agencies for booking excursions. I'll admit not having looked at CC's Ports of Call pages yet. Is that a good resource?

First time on Oceania and first trip to FP so I feel like a rookie again. Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Robert

Yes, the ports of call has a lot of excellent information. The one you want is Pacific Islands, All, here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

I was wondering if there were any suggested sites or reliable agencies for booking excursions.

Robert

Also be sure to check in on your Roll Call thread, Robert. There are often people there putting together tours and looking for participants.

I asked a flight question on 2013 roll call to the South Pacific of people who are flying out of Toronto. Specifically I asked about air deviation to go in a day earlier. The response I received;

“We are flying out of Toronto for this trip, so this info might help you.

After looking into all options, we opted for the deviation fee to customize our air travel. We want to get in to Papeete the night before the cruise to get some rest.

We fly direct from YYZ-LAX on Air Canada. 5 Hour layover before LAX-PPT flight on Air Tahiti arriving at 10:30PM Apr.6.

We got a direct Air Canada LAX-YYZ on the return as well.

Cost: $400 for Air Differential fee

$300 for Air Deviation fee

We had to pay the $300 Deviation fee when we confirmed our flights. The balance was added to the invoice and will be paid at final payment date.”

Hope this helps

We are flying home from Papeete to Toronto in January 2013. We paid an air deviation fee to fly from YYZ to Rio with one change in Charlotte (one day ahead) and from Tahiti to Lax and then non-stop to Toronto on Air Canada. Due to scheduling we do have a longish wait at LAX. No other fees.

I recommend you consider paying for air deviation so that you have control over your flights.

Good morning all, Like Scott we will be first timers on O. Not new to cruising, just new to O

Seriously thinking of doing the South Pacific in 2014.. we are a group of eight.

My question for everyone is how does the air travel work with Oceania??? When included as it is advertised right now, what airlines do they frequently use, and are they generally direct flights to LA??? Do they use Air Papetee for the last leg of the journey?? We will be flying out of Toronto.

Hope to hear from some fellow CC with some information.

I appreciated the earlier postings on transfers. We do generally do our own, not taking the cruise line transfers. way too pricey and takes generally longer to move 40- 50 people.

I am sure I will have many more questions before this is all said and done.

Liz

An air deviation can make your flights perfect..so I would definitely look into your own flights and ask for that deviation!!

Jancruz1

Archived