Taking Alcohol Onboard

Ballyboffin

And make sure, of course, that it's not in your hand luggage when you are flying back home as I assume you'll be clearing security twice - once when you do your first frlight from wherever your ship disembarks and again assuming you're connecting back to NI. Liquids and all that. :rolleyes: I assumed you would be aware of the 1 litre per person limit for spirits, and have taken that into account, as it's the same for when you get back home to NI.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply, a good friend of ours will be very happy to get a bottle of Mt Gay :D I will be sure to wrap it well in my suitcase ( Or my husband's lol )

Nigella, appreciate the reminder about booze in hand baggage! We were caught like that once and I almost cried when they took my Dad's bottle of Jonny Walker Black .......

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who has cruised with Silversea ever shipped a case or half case of wine to take onboard, knowing that it was wine that you would want to drink? If you have, did it cause any issues or was it accepted as just another passenger quirk? What was the process for having your wine stored and served to you?

Has anyone who has cruised with Silversea ever shipped a case or half case of wine to take onboard, knowing that it was wine that you would want to drink? If you have, did it cause any issues or was it accepted as just another passenger quirk? What was the process for having your wine stored and served to you?
I know you can carry your own wine aboard and enjoy it throughout your cruise. There are no issues that I'm aware of and you'll be totally accepted. With that said, I'm not sure if they allow you to ship it directly to them though.

Archived