Shorts in MDR?

CRocks

Thank-you Mr. Blackwell. We shall heed your advice so we don't end up on your "worst dressed" list.:rolleyes:

OMG...Mr. Blackwell. Now, that's hilarious!

Anyway, I'll be on my first Carnival cruise in many years in June 2013. I normally do RCCL cruises, where WWIII broke out the last time someone initiated a thread about how to dress in the Main Dining Room. At any rate, I was told that on 3-4 day Inspiration cruises, nobody dresses up on Elegant night. True or not? Just curious.

Nice dressy shorts, like golf shorts, with 10" legs (not the 7" or 5" hugging certain parts of the anatomy) are perfectly fine on non-elegant nights. Leave the cargos for day wear. Add a nice polo, or a linen shirt, or an understated tropical shirt (no dancing hula girls) and you'll papi chulo.:)

on our upcoming destiny cruise i will check out all the ladies for shorts to short or tight and give a full report. :cool:

Of course, much like the no reserving of deck chairs, this is pretty much ignored on most of the Carnival ships I've been on.

Haven't been on one recently?

nbsjcruiser's observation is accurate. For all of Carnival's chest-thumping over new processes for the "no chair saving" rule, enforcement is sorely lacking. We witnessed the same old tactics in full force earlier this month.

As for the dining room, exactly the same thing. All talk, no action.

nbsjcruiser's observation is accurate. For all of Carnival's chest-thumping over new processes for the "no chair saving" rule, enforcement is sorely lacking. We witnessed the same old tactics in full force earlier this month.

Probably varies by ship because there was no evident chair hogging on the Pride earlier this month.

See above for Dream...

Archived