Carnival Guest Services

JaniceB

I have talked to 3 different people in guest services in the last 2 days and was very happy with the service I received.

My first call was to see how I could get my shareholder credit on a cruise I just booked leaving Friday. I wasn't sure I could fax my information but I do have a scanner so I wanted to email the information. The guest service rep said I could email it to her and she would forward to the appropriate department. Today I received an email that my credit had been applied.

I had forgotten to bring up my missing day on a my account so I called back and was able to have the day credited to my account. Thank you for the information Firefly.

My third call was to see if I could get my cabin upgraded on my CTN. I had just purchased it yesterday and today sale included upgrades. My cabin was moved and they refunded me the $10 difference.

I just wanted to share some good stories about guest services.

I do find the reps at guest solutions to be better than the toll free reps that just answer the phone.

In the past when I needed OBC for stock fast, I first emailed them the proof at

guest_solutions@carnival.com

and then followed right up with a phone call once I got the automated alert they received the email.

that way they had the info in front of them when I was talking to them and could get the OBC when I called.

I do find the reps at guest solutions to be better than the toll free reps that just answer the phone.

and then followed right up with a phone call once I got the automated alert they received the email.

that way they had the info in front of them when I was talking to them and could get the OBC when I called.

Fire

is that an _ in that email address? I have a question regarding my 20% discount but am afraid to ask and have my head cut off on here. Maybe if I email them I can make sure they are fully understanding what I am asking so I do not go ahead and book and then have it be not be able to applied.

I just need to know if there is anyway for my 20% to be applied for a 7 day.

The paper work says it is good for a 2-6 day but we prefer the longer cruises.

Can they pro rate the discount based on 6 days for a 7 or 8 day cruise?

I was surprised I got it so fast. Another thing it pays to have the annual report on what the benefit is. At first she tried to tell me that I couldn't have it for a 2 day cruise but I told them it didn't say anything other than 6 days or less and that they preferred you give them 2 weeks notice.

Thanks again for telling me that I should have had a 7 day credit on a cruise that was shortened to 6 by Carnival.

Fire

is that an _ in that email address? I have a question regarding my 20% discount but am afraid to ask and have my head cut off on here. Maybe if I email them I can make sure they are fully understanding what I am asking so I do not go ahead and book and then have it be not be able to applied.

I just need to know if there is anyway for my 20% to be applied for a 7 day.

The paper work says it is good for a 2-6 day but we prefer the longer cruises.

Can they pro rate the discount based on 6 days for a 7 or 8 day cruise?

yes thats a underscore (you could just copy and paste it somewhere easier to read and save too). Its the email for submitting your stock proof for OBC

they will pro rate it every time I have heard.

But you probably want to talk to a PVP, not guest solutions who handles problems and special things like stock OBC, they are not booking agents per se.

I had a 20% off or something like that.. and picked a expensive date .. lol, it dropped and dropped and dropped and each time I had to explain to the price drop people that I had 20% off, they kept denying it... explain, approve.. 3 times.

It will complicate price drops, especially ES rates where you are not talking to them.. just submitting a form and those folks dont seem to read the comments you write.

I know my PVP could do it for you.

(and I agree with you lately about getting my head cut off for posting trying to help, its getting nasty here in CC)

I was surprised I got it so fast. Another thing it pays to have the annual report on what the benefit is. At first she tried to tell me that I couldn't have it for a 2 day cruise but I told them it didn't say anything other than 6 days or less and that they preferred you give them 2 weeks notice.

Thanks again for telling me that I should have had a 7 day credit on a cruise that was shortened to 6 by Carnival.

lol I never noticed that loophole on 2 days.

I too had read it somewhere that says on cruises 3 days and longer.

good going.

lol I never noticed that loophole on 2 days.

I too had read it somewhere that says on cruises 3 days and longer.

good going.

Our notice is for 20% off is for "2-6 days" with all the restrictions of no alaska, hawaii, holiday sailings. Everything seems to change from person to person.

Can you explain this to me? Our 6 day was shortened to a 5 day so I am wondering if it affects me as well?

Our notice is for 20% off is for "2-6 days" with all the restrictions of no alaska, hawaii, holiday sailings. Everything seems to change from person to person.

You are quoting me about stockholders OBC .. and talking about money off and how many days it is for.

So, Im a little confused.. but yes.. you get 20% off a similar cruise to the one you were on.. lets say 5 days.. but if you pay extra they will usually pro-rate the amount and let you pay the difference is what we were talking about above... a different conversation.

You are quoting me about stockholders OBC .. and talking about money off and how many days it is for.

So, Im a little confused.. but yes.. you get 20% off a similar cruise to the one you were on.. lets say 5 days.. but if you pay extra they will usually pro-rate the amount and let you pay the difference is what we were talking about above... a different conversation.

Sorry, I thought you were discussing the 2 days as not an option for the discount. I didnt realize you meant you were discussing applying stock holders OBC to a 2 day cruise.

Can you explain this to me? Our 6 day was shortened to a 5 day so I am wondering if it affects me as well?

check to make sure you get 6 days credit. we didnt so both of us called in is what the OP is talking about.

She read in another thread where I told her I had to do it.

I have been sitting on a Future Carnival Vacation certificate since our last cruise in 2009. You know, the one where you put a $100 deposit down while you are onboard for $200 worth of OBC on your next cruise. We decided to book a pretty last minute Christmas cruise this week and I was worried using this certificate was going to be a hassle due to all of the fine print on the back of it (something about having to send via certified mail yada yada). I just booked online and then called and they couldn't have been more helpful about just processing the certificate over the phone without going through the whole certified mail hassle. I'm always pleased with the quality of service I get when calling them.

I have been sitting on a Future Carnival Vacation certificate since our last cruise in 2009. You know, the one where you put a $100 deposit down while you are onboard for $200 worth of OBC on your next cruise. We decided to book a pretty last minute Christmas cruise this week and I was worried using this certificate was going to be a hassle due to all of the fine print on the back of it (something about having to send via certified mail yada yada). I just booked online and then called and they couldn't have been more helpful about just processing the certificate over the phone without going through the whole certified mail hassle. I'm always pleased with the quality of service I get when calling them.

I hope you are not expecting $200 OBC.. its by # of days and says "up to $200 OBC"

Its $50 OBC for 3 to 5 days, $75 for 6 days, $100 OBC for 7 days etc.

I have talked to 3 different people in guest services in the last 2 days and was very happy with the service I received.

My first call was to see how I could get my shareholder credit on a cruise I just booked leaving Friday. I wasn't sure I could fax my information but I do have a scanner so I wanted to email the information. The guest service rep said I could email it to her and she would forward to the appropriate department. Today I received an email that my credit had been applied.

I had forgotten to bring up my missing day on a my account so I called back and was able to have the day credited to my account. Thank you for the information Firefly.

My third call was to see if I could get my cabin upgraded on my CTN. I had just purchased it yesterday and today sale included upgrades. My cabin was moved and they refunded me the $10 difference.

I just wanted to share some good stories about guest services.

It always makes my day when I receive good customer service, but to received it 3 times .. How Awesome!!

I hope you are not expecting $200 OBC.. its by # of days and says "up to $200 OBC"

Its $50 OBC for 3 to 5 days, $75 for 6 days, $100 OBC for 7 days etc.

Well, technically the $100 I already spent plus a $100 OBC. $100 was gone 3.5 years ago, so I look at it like $200. :D There are $200 worth of credits on my account now.

check to make sure you get 6 days credit. we didnt so both of us called in is what the OP is talking about.

She read in another thread where I told her I had to do it.

On my VIFP it does say I only get 5 days credit. I guess I will call guest care and have them fix this. Thanks!

It always makes my day when I receive good customer service, but to received it 3 times .. How Awesome!!

I was pleasantly surprised. It made my day a lot better since we were in the midst of Sandy's wrath.

Archived