Tandem Double stroller on allure

We will be on allure in a couple weeks. We need to bring a stroller for our toddler and baby. Will a sit n stand tandem double stroller, which is definitely a little bulky, fit well on the ship? Also, we have a regular cabin with window, no balcony etc, will we have enough room to store it? Or should should we take 2 umbrella strollers? There are advantages of both, just wondering if double stroller would be too big and bulky. Especially storing in our room.....

This is our first cruise ever! Thanks for all the help!

I'd say two umbrella strollers. Think of when trying to get through tight narrow spaces and getting around other passengers. Also, the Oceanview staterooms are very tight with or without 4 passengers. You can roll the umbrella strollers under the beds or put in closet, when not in use. There will also be times when you or your spouse will want to take the children places separately.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

We will be on allure in a couple weeks. We need to bring a stroller for our toddler and baby. Will a sit n stand tandem double stroller, which is definitely a little bulky, fit well on the ship? Also, we have a regular cabin with window, no balcony etc, will we have enough room to store it? Or should should we take 2 umbrella strollers? There are advantages of both, just wondering if double stroller would be too big and bulky. Especially storing in our room.....

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D The hallways are very narrow. A tandem, double wide stroller meeting up with a passenger with a walker, wheelchair or scooter in the halls or elevator is going to be a problem.

Nobody has any particular right of way, but 2 single strollers and 2 pushers would be easier to maneuver around the ship. :D:):D

If its a single wide sit stand I'd say go for it if you think you'll always go with both kids at the same time (plus it will be easier to maneuver in port than umbrellas) but if you think one may go one way with one kiddy and the other with another (ie one stay in the cabin for nap time with the toddler and the other go explore with babe in tow) I'd say go for the umbrellas...

The cabin will be tight if you have 2 pack and plays taking up floor space so umbrellas may work better since they can pretty much stand up anywhere but one person wouldn't be able to go with both kids... Maybe throw in a sling/carrier for the baby too??

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

I too would suggest that you take the umbrella strollers. Those double strollers, even those sit and stand ones, take up a fair amount of real estate, folded up or in use. Navigating the narrow hallways of a ship with a bus-sized stroller would be entertaining to watch, but, frustrating for you and any opposing hallway traffic.

I would also be concerned about transfers. Meaning, from what I've seen, the tour operators like to pack their excursion vans, taxis, buses, etc. like a jar of olives. That beastly double stroller might prove challenging to stow when the vehicle is already overstuffed with tourists.

By the way, as it's your first cruise, don't panic, it's not like the hallways or cabins are dungeons of claustrophobic doom, it's just that they can be a little snug, particularly some staterooms. While they seem to usually be designed very well given the space available, they can still be just snug enough to make any open, unused space worth a fair amount of effort to keep it that way.:D Such a large stroller might prove to be more frustrating than valuable IMHO.

We cruised with our 6 month old and took an umbrella stroller. We have a Stokke at home which would have been too big. We bought a little umbrella stroller off ebay and it was great. We did carry him a lot as he wanted to see everything and people were really friendly.

Mark

Hey! Don't even think of taking a huge contraption as a double stroller.....that right to take up all the room in the hallways is reserved for all those obese people riding in those "Hoverounds"...:D.

....really I would take the advice of two smaller strollers. P.S. WELCOME to C.C.:)

Hey! Don't even think of taking a huge contraption as a double stroller.....that right to take up all the room in the hallways is reserved for all those obese people riding in those "Hoverounds"...:D.

....really I would take the advice of two smaller strollers. P.S. WELCOME to C.C.:)

lol! I was on a cruise where a lady complained to GS because her chair couldn't get through the hallway due to a stroller! she had it due to her weight! we must've been on the same cruise! lol lol lol!

I would also be concerned about transfers. Meaning, from what I've seen, the tour operators like to pack their excursion vans, taxis, buses, etc. like a jar of olives. That beastly double stroller might prove challenging to stow when the vehicle is already overstuffed with tourists.

This reminds me. We had some friends from Germany meet us in Rome. They had their baby and very fancy large stroller. While great for touring, they wre upset that the airlines had broken a couple of gadgets on the stroller. :(

Oh, and the comments about the "Hoverounds" were not very nice. We don't know what kind of situation the riders are in and why they have to rely on them. ;)

If it's the front to back style, this may work in some locations on board. Mainly, I would save these for when leaving the ship. If it's the side by side type, no, this will never work on the ship.

Go small, if at all.

Took my grandkids on a cruise when they were 20months and 10 months.

Took and stroller and hardly used it - to much bother.

My son in law used a backpack for the todler and my daughter a front pac for the youngest much easier.

Had to store the stroller in the shower at night for room in the cabin (not allowed to store it in the hall or if you had a balcony not there either),

Have to leave stroller outside of restraunt for dinner - not allowed in main dining room.

Only used the stroller for the pool, mostly to hold junk, kids wanted to explore. (youngest was just begining to walk hanging on to the chairs).

Left it outside in cancun when we went on a glass bottom boat and it walked away, but the staff managed to find it before the ship left.

Take umbrella strollers! Put luggage tags on them before you leave home!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D The hallways are very narrow. A tandem, double wide stroller meeting up with a passenger with a walker, wheelchair or scooter in the halls or elevator is going to be a problem.

Nobody has any particular right of way, but 2 single strollers and 2 pushers would be easier to maneuver around the ship. :D:):D

There is really no such thing as a tandem double wide stroller. Double strollers are either tandem or side by side. OP, I say take the double stroller. DS has a Chicco Cortina Together and it's actually not much longer than the single Cortina we keep at our house. Ignore those who say it will just get in the way of wheelchairs, scooters etc. Your children have every right to be in a comfortable stroller on board as those with wheelchairs etc. do.

When are you sailing? Allure Nov 25th here... Go Noles!

This reminds me. We had some friends from Germany meet us in Rome. They had their baby and very fancy large stroller. While great for touring, they wre upset that the airlines had broken a couple of gadgets on the stroller. :(

Excellent point. Those things can be expensive, particularly when compared to a couple umbrella strollers. If flying to catch a cruise, probably no need to risk the more expensive stroller if it's not absolutely needed.

Nothing is exactly cheap anymore these days, including those umbrella strollers I suppose, but, if something dreadful happened to an umbrella stroller, I'd be much less upset than if it happened to the big expensive one.:eek:

Archived