What are the odds?

RocHed11

Yay!!! Finally got our Cabin numbers today for our cruise on the Emerald 11-7. We had chosen a mini suite guarantee (AE) back in March and today found out the deck and Cabin numbers. Looks like Princess honored our request and gave us what we paid for. Cabin D109.

One of only Two AE cabins on the Ship. I think It's funny. I'm never been chosen for anything. If I come across D110, I'll have to buy them a drink or something - and tell ourselves how special we are---LOL Honestly I'm really excited for there are only 5 days to go!!!!! I can't wait.

Happy Sailing, Terry :)

:confused:I don't understand why you were given a cabin and not a mini suite. You booked back in March so why are you only getting your room number now. We were given our room number ages ago. We got the mini suite we asked for. Am I being naive - Are they likely to change my room.

:confused:I don't understand why you were given a cabin and not a mini suite. You booked back in March so why are you only getting your room number now. We were given our room number ages ago. We got the mini suite we asked for. Am I being naive - Are they likely to change my room.

D109 is a mini-suite. All 'rooms' on a ship are referred to as cabins.

You can book something called a guarantee in a category (slightly less $$), which means Princess will assign you a cabin not less than the category you booked your guarantee in and could place you in anything higher. The OP booked an AE mini-suite guarantee. Princess assigns guarantee cabins late so they can juggle room assignments and upgrades. Frequently, you receive a higher level than your guarantee category (such as AD/AC/AB/AA) as they move people up to open up the lower priced categories that are easier to sell.

Don't worry, they will not take your mini-suite away. :)

Yay!!! Finally got our Cabin numbers today for our cruise on the Emerald 11-7. We had chosen a mini suite guarantee (AE) back in March and today found out the deck and Cabin numbers. Looks like Princess honored our request and gave us what we paid for. Cabin D109.

One of only Two AE cabins on the Ship. I think It's funny. I'm never been chosen for anything. If I come across D110, I'll have to buy them a drink or something - and tell ourselves how special we are---LOL Honestly I'm really excited for there are only 5 days to go!!!!! I can't wait.

Happy Sailing, Terry :)

With this kind of luck don't forget to buy your lottery ticket! Actually this is always my biggest "fear" when we book a guarantee, we hope you have the best cruise and come back and share how much you enjoyed it.

Bon Voyage

Archived