Is there a self serve Laundry on Nieuw Amsterdam

Howasaur

Just back from 12 days on the NA and no there is no self-service laundry. However, got one day turn around on the "all you can stuff" in a pretty large bag program. $26 and it came back on hangers and folded in a wicker basket, 1st class service.

Here you go:

UNLIMITED LAUNDRY:

Pricing for unlimited Laundry is:

7-day itinerary $45.00 with no limit

10-day itinerary $70.00 with no limit

14-16 day itinerary $95.00 with no limit

17-21 day itinerary $120.00 with no limit

HOLIDAY SAILING LAUNDRY PACKAGE:

Pricing during Holiday sailings only:

7-day itinerary, $50.00 with a limit of 75 items.

10-day itinerary, $75.00 with a limit of 100 items

14-16 day itinerary $99.00 with no limit

17-21 day itinerary $125.00 with no limit

PRESSING:

Unlimited "Pressing Only" is $30.00 for any itinerary except cruises longer than 21 days. For cruises longer than 21 days, add $5 for every additional week beyond 21 days.

Laundry by the Bag:

For a flat fee of $20.00, guest can launder as many items as they can fit inside one Holland America laundry bag. This offer does not include dry cleaning. Requires 48 hours for the processing and the return. This offer is valid until 2 days before the end of the cruise

I love the unlimited package. I can pack less because the turn around is really quite quick. It's also nice to go home with some clean clothes for a change. And who wants to spend their vacation doing laundry. I'd rather do without a lot of other things than have to do laundry on vacation. :)

How do I know if I am on a "holiday" sailing on the unlimited laundry deal? (Assuming I am ...) and why should it cost more and have limits?

I would imagine it costs more because there are so many more families saiing over holidays with 3 or 4 in a cabin. Hence much more laundry covered by the package. More than the laundry can handle in the promised turn-around time on some cruises. Since families rarely sail longer cruises over holidays there wouldn't be as much laundry as on shorter cruises so there would not have to be an item limit on cruises over 14 days.

Archived