Sailing on Carnival Conquest 2/3/2013

kallie05

Hello Cruisers -

This will be our second cruise. The first one was on Sensation (if you remember) she sailed out of NO. However, this was years ago so it feels like "first" time cruise all over again.

We are sailing in Feb so the first question that I have for anyone that has cruised in Feb - how is the weather (sailing out of NO to Eastern Caribbean - Key West & Bahamas). Is the water typically smooth in Feb or can it be rough?

Second - any recommendations on deck and/or cabin selection? We were thinking of a balcony but not sure which deck to stay on? does it really matter?

Any recommendations for excursions on this cruise to Key West and Nassau Bahamas?

Any suggestions or recommendations that we should know as it relates to discounts, boarding, luggage, alcohol, etc.

We are excited to sail and also see the new dudes of the ship.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Glad to see that you are back to cruising.

We have cruised many times in February. Some years we have had excellent weather -- some years not so great.

Weather is unpredictable.

Ask question on the Carnival board here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Join your Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644779

I'm on this cruise. Before you book please please check airfare and hotel situations first. Why? The cruise leaves on Superbowl sunday and New Orleans is hosting it. And post cruise is two days from Marti Gras. I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about this but I don't want you to go into sticker shock with air and hotel.

That being said... We have three full days. It is smooth sailing. I plan on doing excursions on my own. Walking tour through Nassau and Key West. Freeport will be a beach day for me.

I personally like the empress deck. You have cabin above and below you so no worries about sound.

I'm bringing my two bottles of wine and I will be ordering a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage.

I hope you come aboard. It will be a blast.

Thanks Carolin! Yes, we found out it was superbowl weekend when we tried finding a hotel. Fortunately, my sister in-law lives in Alabama which is four hours away so we will drive there Friday night then hopefully drive a little closer on Saturday. I think my sister in-law has already confirmed a parking lot for the car so I think we are set there. Just hope we can get to the ship in time. See you soon! :-)

Hello fellow cruisers! Me & family just booked this cruise yesterday and we are so excited! My first cruise was last year in September on the Carnival Ecstasy and it was great!! I hope everybody makes it safely there, during, and leaving!! WHO DAT!!!

I'm on this cruise. Before you book please please check airfare and hotel situations first. Why? The cruise leaves on Superbowl sunday and New Orleans is hosting it. And post cruise is two days from Marti Gras. I'm lucky enough not to have to worry about this but I don't want you to go into sticker shock with air and hotel.

That being said... We have three full days. It is smooth sailing. I plan on doing excursions on my own. Walking tour through Nassau and Key West. Freeport will be a beach day for me.

I personally like the empress deck. You have cabin above and below you so no worries about sound.

I'm bringing my two bottles of wine and I will be ordering a bottle of rum from Bon Voyage.

I hope you come aboard. It will be a blast.

Thanks for this excellent, valuable advice. I never even thought about the Super Bowl

Archived