feeling frustrated!

flying fingers

Received an e-mail yesterday offering me an upsell from a mini suite to full suite. I really want to take it and am willing to spend the $$. However, when you call the number given in the e-mail all you get is a voice mail saying they return calls in the order received. I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon and have not yet received a call back. I can only hope that by the time they get back to me the deal is still available!

Received an e-mail yesterday offering me an upsell from a mini suite to full suite. I really want to take it and am willing to spend the $$. However, when you call the number given in the e-mail all you get is a voice mail saying they return calls in the order received. I have been waiting since yesterday afternoon and have not yet received a call back. I can only hope that by the time they get back to me the deal is still available!

Then one can presume the e-mail was not from Princess?

Same thing happened to me last month cept it was thru my travel agent. She got the email called me and then when she called princess she got the dreaded voice mail. They called her back the following afternoon she put them on hold called me and we are now sailing in a suite at a great cost!! So don't worry it's not a scam you'll get your suite! Enjoy!

As I understand it, the way it works is the revenue management system sends out the notifications and the voicemail system is used to enforce a first come first served scenario. That said, the same voicemail is used for ALL offers, so it may take them a little while to go through them.

We upgraded from a mini-suite to a Vista Suite this year. I saw the rooms go on sale on the website and called Princess. They told me I had to go through my TA. I couldn't get hold of my TA for a full day and the suspense was killing me. We were overjoyed when we were finally booked into D736 on the Grand. It was a wonderful room and a great price. In the future, I will book my favorite mini-suite and wait for the suites to go on sale at the last minute!

Good luck! The suites are wonderful.

I got the email on Wednesday. It is now Friday. I have called once each day and left a voicemail message in case I was "lost" in the list. Still no response. I did call the regular reservation line and they said to call the number in the email . . . sigh. Hopefully I will hear after the office opens today at 0730 PST. If I don't I am in trouble as I am working tomorrow and will not be able to answer the phone.

The Princess site only list penthouse suites as available and there are only four of them left so hopefully no one else wants to spend the money to get them!

I got the email on Wednesday. It is now Friday. I have called once each day and left a voicemail message in case I was "lost" in the list. Still no response. I did call the regular reservation line and they said to call the number in the email . . . sigh. Hopefully I will hear after the office opens today at 0730 PST. If I don't I am in trouble as I am working tomorrow and will not be able to answer the phone.

The Princess site only list penthouse suites as available and there are only four of them left so hopefully no one else wants to spend the money to get them!

My fingers are crossed for you!!!

We upgraded from a mini-suite to a Vista Suite this year. I saw the rooms go on sale on the website and called Princess. They told me I had to go through my TA. I couldn't get hold of my TA for a full day and the suspense was killing me. We were overjoyed when we were finally booked into D736 on the Grand. It was a wonderful room and a great price. In the future, I will book my favorite mini-suite and wait for the suites to go on sale at the last minute!

I must book the wrong cruises. I have never seen a full suite go on sale - on everyone we do, they are sold out early.

Love those aft suites

I must book the wrong cruises. I have never seen a full suite go on sale - on everyone we do, they are sold out early.

Love those aft suites

I too have never ever seen a suite go on sale. was it through the Princess web site?

Sounds like you benefited from the same deal we did. We had a mini suite and changed it to a suite for about $200 more. (We sail 12/1 on the Grand, same suite!)

I would call every 15 minutes hoping someone would answer the phone.

I got the suite!!! This is the first time I have ever been offered an upsell in over 20 cruises. Then again, I usually book the cabin I want and mark it no upgrade. This time I just went with a mini suite guarantee, ended up with category B mid aft and then bought up to the full penthouse suite. The best part is I am still only paying about what I originally booked the mini suite for as I took advantage of a couple of price drops along the way! The bad part is I don't know how I will ever go back to my Caribe balcony cabin (which is what I usually have) again. :rolleyes:

I got the suite!!! This is the first time I have ever been offered an upsell in over 20 cruises. Then again, I usually book the cabin I want and mark it no upgrade. This time I just went with a mini suite guarantee, ended up with category B mid aft and then bought up to the full penthouse suite. The best part is I am still only paying about what I originally booked the mini suite for as I took advantage of a couple of price drops along the way! The bad part is I don't know how I will ever go back to my Caribe balcony cabin (which is what I usually have) again. :rolleyes:

Congratulations! :)

Congrats! Very happy for you.

Congratulations. Love the Penthouse Suites. Enjoy all the little extras:)

Archived