Beach in December

amindu

Hello All

Can someone shed some light on how the beach is in December in grand cayman...we are looking at booking the snorkeling and stingray combo...my DW has never swam in the ocean before, and is a little nervous, she is not a strong swimmer, so i don't want her first experience to be filled with anxiety if the waves are too rocky, and there are huge white caps and what not, since we are going in the first week in December, which is only a few weeks after the end of hurricane season.

I know with weather its hard to predict, but anyone that has gone, or knows about the area, please shed some light, would appreciate it.

It's summer year round there.....the seas really can't be predicted. For snorkeling, you are required to wear a swim vest, so she won't sink. I'm not into snorkeling at all....if it is rougher, it's not fun, IMO!

Hurricane season has nothing to do with what the seas may be like! She can always NOT do it, if it looks to rough for her.

I believe the stingray thing will be in shallow water, where you stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the stingrays last year in Nov, loved it, shallow water 3-4 ft. deep, it's a blast. One couple in the boat were in their 70's and all they did was put on a vest and away they went, found out later the husband didn't know how to swim:eek: but on the way back in he said he had the time of his life and might try learning to swim when he gets back home :D. Trust me you will never forget the stingrays for the rest of your life. See if you can get a hickey. *get a waterproof camera if you can the pics will be priceless ;)

From boats you often have to jump from the boat in deeper water and swin to the sandbar but you can help her too, it's just a matter of feet and you are wearing a life vest. With the jet ski tours you just get off on the sandbar which is nice for us non-swimmers.

If there's a sea swell or bad weather she can still see the stingrays from the boat.

Enjoy!

Archived