Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

People enjoying the concert down below.

DSC07512_zps344dcb0f.jpg

[/b][/color]

I just absolutely LOVE the couple walking along the path holding hands on the right. How it seems like they're the only ones there.

So sweet.

Loving the review! Just booked Allure for our honeymoon in August! I needed one of these reviews to get us even more excited!

Thanks!

As I sat there I noticed that my neighbors went to eat and they left EVERYTHING on the loungers. It was a group of 7 and they left, kindles, bags, book, ipods, everything. I will note later on that we had a bad experience with some of our belongings gone missing. I am not sure why they left everything there, they never asked me to guard it for them, although that is exactly what I did the entire time.

You are MUCH nicer than me I would have had a new laptop

Gambee, I will be on the Nov 25 Allure sailing. I am already hyped, but your superb review is leaving me breathless from excitement. i am a planner and so very happy to be reading this thread. Thank you very much for the details, tips, pictures and time you have spent putting this review together. You are doing an amazing and very impressive job!

Also, hi 'Mom'! Great job on the Flowrider pics. Hilarious!

Dear Gambee,

We are a family group of 20 boarding Allure on Dec 2 and your photos and reviews are the best I've ever read. Thanks so much. Now I know where to go, what to eat, what shows to see and much more. My husband and I booked a Central Park balcony on deck 10. I can't wait. You are a wonderful human being. I feel as if I know you and your mother.

God bless!

Gambee, awesome, awesome review.

You are the Grand Poobah of reviewers. The MacDaddy! The bomb diggity!

Royal Caribbean, are you watching this guy? Give him a job! Pay him to use his awesome photos to augment your (rather lame) website.

I think Cruise Critic needs a Gambee fan page. :D

Keep up the good work, Gambee!

Gambee, awesome, awesome review.

You are the Grand Poobah of reviewers. The MacDaddy! The bomb diggity!

Royal Caribbean, are you watching this guy? Give him a job! Pay him to use his awesome photos to augment your (rather lame) website.

I think Cruise Critic needs a Gambee fan page. :D

Keep up the good work, Gambee!

Gambee, I couldn't have said it better.......totally agree with this post and all the other posts that have been made. Your review is addicting......LOL It's the best I've ever read!

Patty

DSC08044_zpsa10ea730.jpg

The kid was great, he had such a cool personality not shy at all, it takes a lot to do that in front of so many people, that place was packed. My hat goes off to him, you did a great job little buddy.

DSC08053_zps0970a2a5.jpg

Here is his video,

it is cool to watch. Obviously he was from South Carolina, great song choice for him.

Silly boy the song sweet home Alabama. NOT South Carolina! LOL

I know it has been said many times before but this is an AWESOME review. You should ve a blogger/writer. You have a way of writing that makes it seem like we are there with you (good thing ee are not those cabins are small :)). What do you do for work?

To all my CC family,

Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement, they are all very touching. I had a rough night last night and that prevented me from doing more work. I will answer to all my comments one by one later on today.

Today I work all day, but I will try to at least select the images at work. Cozumel was our favorite day for many reason and I know I will post around 400 pictures.

I am not sure, but I will try to at least get Cozumel started tomorrow, although I am not sure that it will be too crucial since most people will be busy sharing with their families. Well at least my USA followers.

Once again Thank you very much to every single one of you :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

Edited by gambee

I would give up Thanksgiving Dinner to keep reading your posts and looking at your great pictures . Could you please take one of those around the world cruises we could be with you forever on your fantastic journey one week is not enough What are we going to do when this is over?

Gambee

Thanks for all the time and effort for this amazing review. Like everyone else who's posted here, I love all the details and pictures you have posted! I'm taking my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary on the Oasis next March along with my brother for his graduation and this has been so much fun to look at your pictures (even though it's the sister ship) and get excited about what I'll be seeing with them and my family.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and have a wonderful day!

Gwen

Gambee, many have said this before. I'll say it again: THIS IS THE BEST REVIEW....EVER!!!!

Sure, reading it made me miss hours of work, but it was (is) SO worth it!

I'll let you in on something... I'm booked on the Oasis for my b-day with only my little son. Seeing your pictures and reading the fun you had - I added my Mom to our cabin and am dragging her along. Thanks for the inspiration!

Best. Review. Ever. I have been reading cruise critic reviews for years now and I have never enjoyed one as much as yours, Gambee. Thank you so much. Somewhere along the line I was complimenting your photography so frequently that I actually got my husband to follow along for awhile which he NEVER does and he enjoyed the photography so much that we got into a discussion about your equipment and he insisted on ordering me a Sony Nex F3 for Christmas! Naturally, I took him up on it and my new camera is on its way (by the way the Sony online store has a terrific Black Friday deal that includes both the 18-55 and 55-200 lenses). So, thank you for the review and thank you for the camera :)!

That's so cool, you will fall in love with your new camera, I hope you enjoy it. Just don't drop it like I did ;). By now I should be getting kickbacks from Sony. Lol.

Just a word of advice. I like to shoot on the setting "p" it is basically a fully automated setting were you can make small adjustments. I recommend using that setting set the colors to vivid. I like my colors to have a little extra pop in them.

Thank you so much for your nice comment and sharing my review with your husband. :-)

I've just started drinking dirty martinis. Would you be willing to tell me how much they are on RCI? Are they good? I'm looking forward to having one each night in the Viking Crown lounge. Thanks!

It is very hard to messup on a dirty martini, but it can be done. That said all the ones I had were very nice. I will post prices on everything I bought at the end of the review. But from looking at one of my receipts at Viking I got ordered a dirty martini and they charged it as a "luxury martini with grey goose" the price was $9.50 and automatic 15% gratuity was $1.43. Total came to $10.93, I of course left extra, but that a personal choice. I noticed a little fluctuation on prices, my guess is that I was being charged for cheaper vodkas in some venues. That said $10.93 is a very fair price for a grey goose dirty martini. You can try asking for Smirnoff vodka and see what the price is for that. I will look more into later and post it here.

Great review. I enjoyed every bit. Truly a 5-star review ! Can't wait for more !

Thank you so much. I will tell you one thing, I worked really hard for those little stars lol :D

Glad you're enjoying

Happy thanksgiving :)

All Items are available at current bar pricing. Gambee loving your work. My wife raerom has turned me on to your posts and we are truly enjoying them. We are sailing on the Allure on January 27th 2013 and are looking forward to it as we are leaving our kids at home. The only consolation for them is that we did an amazing family trip on the Oasis 2 years ago but this is our first cruise as adults only. I also like my vodka and bourbon straight up on the rocks but I noticed on your pictures there is a selection of vodkas and other premium spirits but no prices. Only with a disclaimer that all items are available at current bar pricing. Would you happen to have a picture of what the various vodkas such as Belvedere vs Absolut would cost or other premium spirits ( such as my my favourite Blantons Single Barrel). If not could you recall what the prices roughly were? Looking forward to your review on Cozumel. Cheers!

P.S. I am suddenly craving a Long Island.

Thank you so much for your nice comment, I am glad your wife brought along for trip :)

Unfortunately I don't think I ever saw a spirits price list. Most restaurants on dry land don't have them, I am not sure if lady Allure has them. That said I can tell you a grey goose martini costs $9.50 plus gratuity. I will check my all my receipts at the end and make a post just for prices.

Once again thank you for taking the time to comment. Have a happy thanksgiving :)

Gambee: First I am absolutely LOVING this. We were on Allure on October 21 and I miss her terribly.

I know what you were saying about Ishyta, she was our assistant waiter and she was the best.

She was great. They should make her a head server already. She was better than our server.

Thank you following along. :)

Thank you so much for this review! You have impacted our upcoming cruise in such a positive way!

We just booked a cabin and thanks to this review I made sure that it was an aft balcony without the life boats below! It is all thanks to this review, your willingness to respond to the people who post, and your pictures!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You're so very welcome. I really hope that this cruise is everything you expect and more. Enjoy your view of water ;)

Happy turkey day :)

I just absolutely LOVE the couple walking along the path holding hands on the right. How it seems like they're the only ones there.

So sweet.

Loving the review! Just booked Allure for our honeymoon in August! I needed one of these reviews to get us even more excited!

Thanks!

It is a very pretty picture indeed. I had not noticed the couple until you said so. Thank you for pointing it out. :)

I hope you continue to enjoy.

Your review and pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing your cruise adventure and pictures with us!

Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I truly appreciate it.

You're very welcome, I hope you continue to enjoy.

You are MUCH nicer than me I would have had a new laptop

They did not had a laptop there, but I will keep and eye open for you next time. ;) lol

Gambee, I will be on the Nov 25 Allure sailing. I am already hyped, but your superb review is leaving me breathless from excitement. i am a planner and so very happy to be reading this thread. Thank you very much for the details, tips, pictures and time you have spent putting this review together. You are doing an amazing and very impressive job!

Also, hi 'Mom'! Great job on the Flowrider pics. Hilarious!

Those flow rider pics are some of my favorite ones of the cruise, ahhhh the memories... She did a great job at it.

You will have a blast in your trip. Enjoy her as much as you can there is just so much to do, all your planning will be payed off. Trust me. Thanks for following.

Happy turkey day :)

Great review and pictures. Makes me feel like I am back on that beautiful ship. Thanks for taking time to share.

You're welcome, glad you're enjoying. Thanks for stopping by.