Sailaway's Blog

Thank you everyone! I just thought it would be a good idea to be able to get an idea of what everyone would like, especially if they're currently planning one at the moment. And you know me, I like a good poll! :D ;)

It seems very clear what people want though. Onboard credit and some sort of offers for future cruises is most definitely a must, and then also something in the area of cabins, either a discount on upgrades or to be able to prebook your cabin for free.

One thing I do kind of quite like is that no one has voted for priority embarkation or an exclusive party. I think it would be a shame to give exclusive benefits like this that almost push other cruisers out as they've not done as many cruises. :)

Agree with you there Sailaway. And I think it says a lot about the typical Thomson passenger and why I like the atmosphere on board - no pretentiousness or looking for priority this or that. That kind of divisiveness I think would change the ambience - it's much better for everyone to be respected and treated in the same way.

Have voted....but would just like to add:

Would like to see loyalty cards redeemable for a choice of: free on board spend, discounts on future cruises, cabin upgrades, points could be saved up over a number of cruises for even greater benefits

this would be beneficial to Thomsons also, not only would they be rewarding and encouraging loyalty they could keep track of buying behaviour, think of the massive database potential, not only in terms of company feedback but an ability to tailor the product to clients needs

I would not like to see Thomsons offering exclusive member lounges etc, aka Cunard imo this would be detrimental to the Thomson on board ambience and personally I wouldn’t want to go there

Have voted....but would just like to add:

Would like to see loyalty cards redeemable for a choice of: free on board spend, discounts on future cruises, cabin upgrades, points could be saved up over a number of cruises for even greater benefits

this would be beneficial to Thomsons also, not only would they be rewarding and encouraging loyalty they could keep track of buying behaviour, think of the massive database potential, not only in terms of company feedback but an ability to tailor the product to clients needs

I would not like to see Thomsons offering exclusive member lounges etc, aka Cunard imo this would be detrimental to the Thomson on board ambience and personally I wouldn’t want to go there

Loyalty cards to be exchanged for perks of your own choosing is a really good idea geomagot. Then everyone can select what suits them best.

(Hope there's at least a bit of recognition for previous cruises though! :rolleyes:)

Thomson Cruises 'Looking Into' Loyalty Scheme

There's a poll on this one about what you would like to see included. You can choose a max. of 3 choices. :)

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/thomson-cruises-looking-into-loyalty-scheme/

Voted! I also like a good poll ;).

I didn't vote for discount off future cruises though like most have, because on other cruiselines it seems as if you can only use your discount if you pay full price and not when there is a special offer. If it could be used regardless of what you pay for the cruise it would be very good.

I didn't vote for discount off future cruises though like most have, because on other cruiselines it seems as if you can only use your discount if you pay full price and not when there is a special offer. If it could be used regardless of what you pay for the cruise it would be very good.

I agree happy v :) We have loyalty points with Fred.Olsen and Princess, but to use them you have to book with the company themselves, so it often cheaper to book with a well known cruise club in Derbyshire :rolleyes: They used to give you discount on your loyalty card, but not any more.

So, I have chosen OBC, Pre-book cabin for free and larger luggage allowance (so OH can take his DJ! :D)

Being the cynical git that I am, anything extra WILL always cost us Cruisers extra? in the long run.

Yes RR, nothing is ever really free is it. All smoke and mirrors usually :rolleyes:

Lets hope we are wrong and the loyalty scheme turns out to be fair and worthwhile to most :):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Agree with you there Sailaway. And I think it says a lot about the typical Thomson passenger and why I like the atmosphere on board - no pretentiousness or looking for priority this or that. That kind of divisiveness I think would change the ambience - it's much better for everyone to be respected and treated in the same way.

Well said kruzseeka completely agree :):)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your Blog is fantasic Sailaway. You've put in so much effort and its all so well put together.

Anyone thinking of a Thomsons cruise would find this a great insight and regular Thomsons customers will love looking at whats hopefully happening in the future.

I have a look every couple of weeks to see whats new !

10/10 Brilliant!

great work on your blog sailaway:cool:

all that info and updates on majesty all in one place...very useful to many

Your Blog is fantasic Sailaway. You've put in so much effort and its all so well put together.

Anyone thinking of a Thomsons cruise would find this a great insight and regular Thomsons customers will love looking at whats hopefully happening in the future.

I have a look every couple of weeks to see whats new !

10/10 Brilliant!

Thank you both of you. :)

You spoken... :)

Onboard Credit Most Wanted by Loyal Thomson Cruisers

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/onboard-credit-most-wanted-by-loyal-thomson-cruisers/

Will be lovely if Thomson look into this now, would make lots of loyal customers very happy :D:D

Thanks for running the poll sailaway :)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

You spoken... :)

Onboard Credit Most Wanted by Loyal Thomson Cruisers

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/onboard-credit-most-wanted-by-loyal-thomson-cruisers/

no doubt anything that costs the company hard brass will finish up being self financed by the customers in higher prices, in fact the beancounters will no doubt find a way to make a profit out of it

no doubt anything that costs the company hard brass will finish up being self financed by the customers in higher prices, in fact the beancounters will no doubt find a way to make a profit out of it

So true :(

Thinking about my P&O experience I will soon be Atlantic tier and will get 7.5% off my onboard spend. THis costs P&O nothing of course as it is factored into the fares :rolleyes:

Ooops - i do get a little badge and a free glass of fizzy at the sailaway party :D

Once again, you all voted and the results are...

Thailand & the Far East Wanted by Thomson Cruisers

Thailand & the Far East came top in a poll to find which destination Thomson Cruises regulars would like to see introduced.

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/24/thailand-the-far-east-wanted-by-thomson-cruisers/

Archived