Sailaway's Blog

You spoken... :)

Onboard Credit Most Wanted by Loyal Thomson Cruisers

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/onboard-credit-most-wanted-by-loyal-thomson-cruisers/

You may have read I am planning my excursions.:confused:

So just thought, if you have OBC (and after a while it should be quite a bit :rolleyes:), and you have booked early enough for AI, sorry 'drinks package' Thoms will have to include a facillity for you to use OBC when booking trips.

Or what else would you spend your money on?

You may have read I am planning my excursions.:confused:

So just thought, if you have OBC (and after a while it should be quite a bit :rolleyes:), and you have booked early enough for AI, sorry 'drinks package' Thoms will have to include a facillity for you to use OBC when booking trips.

Or what else would you spend your money on?

I take your point happy v and what could be available on board to spend your bonus on may not have any appeal to some passengers. I think I could just about persuade myself to go for a pamper session or two in the spa though! ;):D (Or the Grill/Bistro though they would probably have to extend the capacity to cope with demand! :eek:)

How much was it Linda, hope you don't mind me asking, we were hoping to both have one on the sea day but is it cheaper when in port as it is on other ships :confused:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

A twenty minute neck and shoulders massage was £27. She did persuade me to buy some gel for my shoulders (£18) but I'm just a sucker for that type of thing. Her name is Tijana and she is very nice. They play relaxing music, waves breaking on the shore, that sort of thing. They do longer massages, but can't remember how much.

I don't know about in port, but on RCI they charge $99 :eek::eek: and they think you are going to tip them too!

A twenty minute neck and shoulders massage was £27. She did persuade me to buy some gel for my shoulders (£18) but I'm just a sucker for that type of thing. Her name is Tijana and she is very nice. They play relaxing music, waves breaking on the shore, that sort of thing. They do longer massages, but can't remember how much.

I don't know about in port, but on RCI they charge $99 :eek::eek: and they think you are going to tip them too!

Thanks Linda, that's not too bad really, agree about Rci, last year we were on brilliance, nipped into salon to price up massage, started at about hundred dollars and the staff were so unhelpful we just didn't bother. Mind you even if they had fallen over themselves to be polite I wouldn't pay that much , complete rip off I think :(

I pay £30 at home for a full hour but majesty's prices are very fair for a ship I think we will give them a try ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Sailaway, did you see Twitter posts ;)

About IE's cruises for next winter? Yep saw them. Cruises for April released, Spirit of the Med and Souks & Sangria. I also noticed they've taken new photos of the ship for the website. Would say to me that it is most certainly staying for the next couple of years.

I've mentioned this on another thread too, but thought I'd put it here aswell to get people's opinion on it by not highjacking the other thread.

In Celebrity's forum there is a fantastic spreadsheet with cabin reviews. Members post their review of their cabin (under categories such as layout, positives, negatives etc.), and then they are submitted into one large spreadsheet that makes it easy to find cabin reviews. I know that our forum doesn't have as many members as them and we probably will never be able to compile a list like the one on Celebrity's forum, but I still think it would be a really useful thing to have.

Link to the spreadsheet on Celebrity's forum below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

I've been making attempts to place something similar on my blog, but it is quite complicated and adding a Google Doc to it isn't easy so it might take some time, but would anyone be interested in something like this, and perhaps participate and add their reviews? Let me know what you think. :)

I've mentioned this on another thread too, but thought I'd put it here aswell to get people's opinion on it by not highjacking the other thread.

In Celebrity's forum there is a fantastic spreadsheet with cabin reviews. Members post their review of their cabin (under categories such as layout, positives, negatives etc.), and then they are submitted into one large spreadsheet that makes it easy to find cabin reviews. I know that our forum doesn't have as many members as them and we probably will never be able to compile a list like the one on Celebrity's forum, but I still think it would be a really useful thing to have.

Link to the spreadsheet on Celebrity's forum below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

I've been making attempts to place something similar on my blog, but it is quite complicated and adding a Google Doc to it isn't easy so it might take some time, but would anyone be interested in something like this, and perhaps participate and add their reviews? Let me know what you think. :)

Absolutly !! Fantastic idea , gets my vote :D:D:D

Always seems to be something everyone is interested in :):)

What are people's major concerns when they are pre booking a cabin? So far I've got: position of cabin (front, back, starboard etc.), deck, cabin category, bed formation, storage space, size of cabin and noise issues.

What else do you consider when booking a cabin?

What are people's major concerns when they are pre booking a cabin? So far I've got: position of cabin (front, back, starboard etc.), deck, cabin category, bed formation, storage space, size of cabin and noise issues.

Was actually looking on the net today for any posts on other forums re celebration prom deck cabins just in case we book her next year.

Someone said they were great but they had ended up with one with an adjoining door to the next cabin which meant you could hear the conversation of the couple next door! :eek::eek:

I looked on the plan, it doesn't show which are adjoining cabins so that would be handy info.:)

Comments about en suite bathroom perhaps.

This is a great idea.:)

I would add bath or shower.

This is what I've got so far. It would look a bit like this:

REVIEW

Cabin Number:

Ship:

Cabin Category:

Deck:

Position: Front/Middle/Back | Port/Starboard

Bed Formation:

Bath/Shower?:

Adjoining Cabin?:

Balcony?:

Date of Cruise:

Comments regarding...

Size of Cabin:

Noise Issues:

Storage Space:

Bathroom:

Would You Recommend: Yes/Maybe/No

Any Other Comments:

Score out of 10:

Any you think are not important or others that you'd like to see included?

Looks brilliant Sailaway - but can you make it 'by invitation only' to view - ie us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D May be no decent cabins left otherwise! :eek::eek::eek:

Never thought of that! :eek: We'll all have to book early to get the best cabin! ;)

Right, well it is almost done. I'll post a new thread with it tonight, and also the form where everyone can start posting their reviews so I can add them. I'm just going to double check that it works properly and play around with it on my blog, and hopefully sometime tonight I'll be uploading it. :)

Was actually looking on the net today for any posts on other forums re celebration prom deck cabins just in case we book her next year.

Someone said they were great but they had ended up with one with an adjoining door to the next cabin which meant you could hear the conversation of the couple next door! :eek::eek:

I looked on the plan, it doesn't show which are adjoining cabins so that would be handy info.:)

Dreamgirl, we were happy with cabin No 207 Celebration 2010, added it to cabin reviews today.

It's at the end of the corridor at the front next to a passage to the promenade deck. We found no-one could use sun beds outside this cabin due to the angle of door onto the deck, the door opens out towards the cabin window so no space for sun beds and also not many others walking past inside at night as it's so near the front therefore nice and peaceful too.

Only thing though, this was Red Sea Magic cruise where the sea is like a duckpond, don't know how you would find it if the sea were rough.

Archived