Sailaway's Blog

Done a couple of posts from the Q&A tonight:

Thomson Destiny Won't Be Returning

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/20/thomson-destiny-wont-be-returning/

Thomson Cruises are Considering New Builds

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/20/thomson-cruises-are-considering-new-builds/

Will try and do some more tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
Thomson Cruises to Continue its Modernisation Plan

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/thomson-cruises-to-continue-its-modernisation-plan/

Bit of a long one this one, so well done if you read it all through. ;)

Be interested to see your comments at the bottom of it if you agree, disagree etc.

Really well put together sailaway :):)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

'More Variety' for Thomson Cruises Summer 2014 Sailings

More UK homeports, a new Arctic itinerary, a 14 night Black Sea cruise, ships swapping and new ports are all being considered for Thomson Cruises summer 2014 itineraries.

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/more-variety-for-thomson-cruises-summer-2014-sailings/

More UK homeports, a new Arctic itinerary, a 14 night Black Sea cruise, ships swapping and new ports are all being considered for Thomson Cruises summer 2014 itineraries.

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/more-variety-for-thomson-cruises-summer-2014-sailings/

Thank you Sailaway you've done it again. ;)

Is Celebration definite for 2014? We fancy doing the North Cape and it would be good to go on the 'upgraded' ship. I'm also looking forward to see which new ports will be included in the Arctic itinerary.

Thank you Sailaway you've done it again. ;)

Is Celebration definite for 2014? We fancy doing the North Cape and it would be good to go on the 'upgraded' ship. I'm also looking forward to see which new ports will be included in the Arctic itinerary.

It seems to be definitely Celebration. At the moment the schedules just give the specification of the ship and not the actual name so could be either of the sisters. However, Galaxy has said it is Celebration booked and they have been correct each year so I would say it was true. I guess this is to do with Ellacott saying he wants to swap the ships about so people who follow one ship can have more variety. Be nice to do the fjords on the refurbed sister!

Arctic isn't a definite yet, just in the planning. But, I think if Ellacott mentioned it, it must be almost a certain. Will have a look at the schedules for Arctic ports to see if I can find anything.

Read about Dream/majesty swop on Sailaway's blog.

Thomson Cruises 'Looking Into' Loyalty Scheme

There's a poll on this one about what you would like to see included. You can choose a max. of 3 choices. :)

http://sailawaysblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/thomson-cruises-looking-into-loyalty-scheme/

This is a really good idea Sailaway. :)

Instead of us all throwing in loads of ideas - we can get a feel of what the majority would like to see as a loyalty reward. It's gives Fraser a numerical measure too - not just a vague impression of the popularity of each suggestion.

Whatever is introduced I sincerely hope that is applied fairly, consistently and across the board and is transparent. What we don't need is a willy-nilly, 'if you're lucky' kind of up-grade situation. That would cause a lot of resentment.

I've voted and commented on the Blog. :)

This is a really good idea Sailaway. :)

Instead of us all throwing in loads of ideas - we can get a feel of what the majority would like to see as a loyalty reward. It's gives Fraser a numerical measure too - not just a vague impression of the popularity of each suggestion.

Whatever is introduced I sincerely hope that is applied fairly, consistently and across the board and is transparent. What we don't need is a willy-nilly, 'if you're lucky' kind of up-grade situation. That would cause a lot of resentment.

I've voted and commented on the Blog. :)

Agree ..Good idea Sailaway :)

Would like to also add to kruzseekas point of "Instead of us all throwing in loads of ideas " ... It would now be good for us

to get some feedback from Thomsons of what they are now thinking and really do hope they come up with..

"This is what you get for being loyal and not this is what you may or could get should you book with us again .

I agree too sailaway, brilliant idea yet again :)

Also agree with kruzseeka, let's show Thomsons the figs instead of just lots of posts, so much clearer and I hope also that it all comes to fruition .

Thomsons have already got most things right with their cruises haven't they, will just be a nice gesture if they see this through and be the start of bringing them in line with the competition :cool:

Just free safes, free choose your cabin and a bit more luggage allowance and will be spot on :D:D

I've voted, once again sailaway great idea ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you everyone! I just thought it would be a good idea to be able to get an idea of what everyone would like, especially if they're currently planning one at the moment. And you know me, I like a good poll! :D ;)

It seems very clear what people want though. Onboard credit and some sort of offers for future cruises is most definitely a must, and then also something in the area of cabins, either a discount on upgrades or to be able to prebook your cabin for free.

One thing I do kind of quite like is that no one has voted for priority embarkation or an exclusive party. I think it would be a shame to give exclusive benefits like this that almost push other cruisers out as they've not done as many cruises. :)

Archived