question on alcohol

CarnivalGirl3

Does it have to be in the original bottle?

I just found 3 plastic baby bottles with screw caps (I never used them). They hold 4 oz and would be PERFECT for alcohol (I'm still nursing, so I can't drink too much, but a drink with dinner/after bed would be great).

I didn't want to bring full bottles of rum/crown/Bailey's since I wouldn't drink the full bottle, waste of space and I'd rather not carry glass.

So, would that work in my carry on?

and bonus question. What are the must eat items on the menu? meal or desserts? (for example, I look forward to lobster bisque on Carnival (and dh loves the lobster). I'm not sure we'll make it to mdr every night (I hope though!).

I just found 3 plastic baby bottles with screw caps (I never used them). They hold 4 oz and would be PERFECT for alcohol (I'm still nursing, so I can't drink too much, but a drink with dinner/after bed would be great).

I didn't want to bring full bottles of rum/crown/Bailey's since I wouldn't drink the full bottle, waste of space and I'd rather not carry glass.

and bonus question. What are the must eat items on the menu? meal or desserts? (for example, I look forward to lobster bisque on Carnival (and dh loves the lobster). I'm not sure we'll make it to mdr every night (I hope though!).

I dont think that will be a problem but I can't ever remember it being talked about. The main thing is they want you to take it in your carry-on. When you go through security it gets x-ray but they don't check out much unless you have something that would be prohibited.

You can always check on the DCL FAQ area as they discuss it on their website.

I dont think that will be a problem but I can't ever remember it being talked about. The main thing is they want you to take it in your carry-on. When you go through security it gets x-ray but they don't check out much unless you have something that would be prohibited.

You can always check on the DCL FAQ area as they discuss it on their website.

I was unable to find anything specific about whether it must be unopened, or original bottles. On the DCL site they only say "adults 21 and over can bring onboard alcohol in their carryon bags". Nothing more than that.

I like the chicken parmigan (sp) in Palo. As well as the chocolate souffle!!!!!.

In the MDRs my favorites are the Avacado & Citrus salad. And the Grand Marnier Souffle. Plus the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake (that's on the Captain's Gala menu if they have it onboard your cruise). I will point out that the lobster (also on the Captain' Gala menu), is baked not broiled and not Maine lobster but rock lobster. DH, who is a great lobster lover, just doesn't care for the lobster on DCL. Now, I've read good reports about the lobster mac & cheese, but haven't any first hand knowledge as to how good it is.

:)

thanks. I may see if I can find small bottles. These days, a small amount makes me tipsy, so a bottle would be a waste.

I found small bottles of champagne (in a 4 pack). I'll be picking those up! they are perfect a size.

While, apparently, you must take sealed bottles onboard, you can bring opened ones off. Just have some documentation that they were purchased prior to the cruise for customs purposes.

:)

The smaller bottles for alcohol, preferably plastic for rum, liquors, scotch, vodka, whiskey, etc. are probably a good idea. They fit easily in your carry on luggage and have less possibility of breakage. You can have more of variety this way as well, since you will be carrying smaller quantities of each when they are in the smaller bottles.

If you bring beer with you o board, you probably want to bring it in cans or aluminum bottles, also to help prevent breakage.

As Shmoo mentioned above, you can take the alcohol that you don't drink off the ship with you and the smaller bottles are better for that as well.

I hope this helps.

soccer

I usually put things like this into secondary containment like a ziplock bag just to be safe. Suck the air out.

I had a bottle of sun screen explode in my suitcase once due to the low pressure in the aircraft cargo hold. It was not in secondary containment. :(

I usually put things like this into secondary containment like a ziplock bag just to be safe. Suck the air out.

I had a bottle of sun screen explode in my suitcase once due to the low pressure in the aircraft cargo hold. It was not in secondary containment. :(

So, Mick, are you saying it is okay to put liquor in my rumrunners for a Disney cruise? I would pack them in my carry-on.

So, Mick, are you saying it is okay to put liquor in my rumrunners for a Disney cruise? I would pack them in my carry-on.

You don't need to use a Rumrunner. You can keep it in the bottle and put them in your carry on, not in your checked luggage.

I called DCL today and they mentioned to me that it has to be fully sealed and on a carry on bag. Glasses an corkscrews can be requested at any bar on the ship but you can bring your own on the carry on. As well if you want, your cabin steward will ensure you have fresh wine glasses in your cabin everyday. Just let them know. We are on the Wonder this Sunday.

I just grab a few miniatures from the local liquor store. Yes it can be more expensive sometimes but it is way easier than lugging larger bottles and I grab 2/3 of various liquors.

Last trip I found a smaller bottle of Malibu than regular for $9 in WM liquor store so took that and a few mini wine bottles - sangria and rose as well as beer and then also took some port and baileys minis. Still saved a whack and I brought the empty mini liquor bottles back ready to fill next time. I also took a full size bottle of Veuve Clicquot but didn't get round to drinking it so just brought it back home.

Archived