BYOB...Bring Your Own Basketball?

kadams718

My 11 yr old son wants to bring his own basketball on the Oasis this week so he does not have to go to the check out each time or not risk having them all checked out. Anyone know if this this permitted?

They used to just throw a bunch of balls in around 8am. They would remove them sometime in the evening. Our son just used the ones there. We also had an aft loft so we saw this happen every morning.

Someone might confirm if this changed since July 2012.

The problem won't be the number of balls, but rather the number of hoops - as in court space... Wouldn't want to have to lug a ball back and forth from the cabin, or keep track of it if I went from the court to some other venue like a restaurant. And not having it will eliminate that irresistable urge to dribble it someplace other than the court. Imagine being in the cabin below...

On our last RCI cruise we did see a couple of teens carrying basketballs around. I finally wound up on the elevator with one of them and just had to ask why. His answer was simple..."I like mine better." Of course he looked at me like I was a complete idiot when he responded, but I just figured that was because I'm an adult and most teens think that!

• 2 weeks later...

Well...he did carry on his own ball. Fully inflated and not one word about it from crew checking us in. Since it was Thanksgiving and TONS of kids on Oasis, he was glad they had an extra ball. It was never a problem carrying it around since our room was on deck 14 and sports deck was 15. He used the ball 5 out of the 7 days.

Well...he did carry on his own ball. Fully inflated and not one word about it from crew checking us in. Since it was Thanksgiving and TONS of kids on Oasis, he was glad they had an extra ball. It was never a problem carrying it around since our room was on deck 14 and sports deck was 15. He used the ball 5 out of the 7 days.

Thanks for the update.

Always nice to know how things worked out. Being from Canada I forgot that this week was your Thanksgiving. A perfect reason to take his own ball, espicaly with the court being so popular.

I bet other kids thought he was the smartest one on board.;)

Does anyone know if they have soccer balls? We have brought them on cruises before, but would rather not this time.

Yes, there are mini soccer goals in the middle of the basketball court. One soccer ball is in there. Kids playing soccer in-between the half-court ball games.

Archived